An idiots guide to:

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
How many times have you went to do something so easy, but then realized you have no idea how to actually do it properly? This thread is for people to post some tips and advice for general life things that will make other peoples life easier and they wouldn't normally think off.

(I'm hoping that Irish posts here, it would be great to give us all advice on "job interviews")

I guess I will start.

Sparky presents, an idiots guide to;
Public Transport
Odds are even people with licenses will have to use public transport every now and then.

Buses
Choosing where to sit is your way of deciding how sane you want to be at the end of your trip. If you sit at the back of a bus, you're normally stuck with the bogans with their music pumping on their mobile phones without headphones, and their parents drinking out of bottles hidden in brown paper bags. if you sit at the front of a bus, you have to put up with the parents and elderly people and when it gets busy you will be expected to move. I find the middle is the best place to sit as it's just far away enough from both problems.

Taxi's
Don't be scared to speak up if they start taking a different route then the one you know is the fastest (therefore cheapest) route. Speak up most of the times they will realize they got caught out and ask how much you normally pay and that's all they will charge you.

TrainsWe don't have trains for transport here so the only thing I can say is avoid eye contact with most people. especially if you catch the train regularly if all you want to do is get there without talking to anybody it's the best way to peacefully enjoy the trip.

and of course it applies for all of them, make sure if you're travelling alone to bring an ipod or an mp3 player, public transport can be a bitch with the other peoples talking and the rest of the noises, (not to mention it's always a longer alternative to driving) and it can make for a boring long ride without something to listen to.

(again, I had no idea what to write for mine, I just thought it would be a good idea for a thread and wanted to get the ball rolling,)

edit: Oh and

Credit goes to Jglass for this thread (I guess even though his wasn't a proper way to do it. :lmao:)

Public Transport
Odds are even people with licenses will have to use public transport every now and then.

Around Sydney alot of people who have their license will still use the train system because of the congestion within the heart of the city. I'm lucky enough to get off at International Airport rather than the clutter of getting off the train at Central, Circular Quay, St James, Town Hall, etc.

Buses
Choosing where to sit is your way of deciding how sane you want to be at the end of your trip. If you sit at the back of a bus, you're normally stuck with the bogans with their music pumping on their mobile phones without headphones, and their parents drinking out of bottles hidden in brown paper bags. if you sit at the front of a bus, you have to put up with the parents and elderly people and when it gets busy you will be expected to move. I find the middle is the best place to sit as it's just far away enough from both problems.

I have this thing where I will plan exactly where I will sit on the bus. Around my area it isn't exactly rare to be mugged/bashed/etc whilst on the bus. I sit on the left hand side up the back of the bus. It is easier in any case of a drunk passenger to easy be able to make sure I can have full use and control my right hand in any case.

Taxi's
Don't be scared to speak up if they start taking a different route then the one you know is the fastest (therefore cheapest) route. Speak up most of the times they will realize they got caught out and ask how much you normally pay and that's all they will charge you.

Much like the Bus, I will often tell my mates (the only time I use a Taxi is to get back home from the pub/club) that I'll be sitting in the back.

TrainsWe don't have trains for transport here so the only thing I can say is avoid eye contact with most people. especially if you catch the train regularly if all you want to do is get there without talking to anybody it's the best way to peacefully enjoy the trip.

The later you catch the train the seedier the people get. Often my work involves getting back much later or rather early morning. I often have to see all the drunk fights, women who are passed out or causing trouble with their drunken flirting or people who use the trains as if they were toilets. The easiest way is to always sit in the carriage that has alot of people, the more potential witnesses the better the chances nothing will go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back