• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An Idea For Jericho At WrestleMania 28

shitsngiggles

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok Jericho is obviously going to be at Wrestlemania in some shape or another. I also just read in the Evan Bourne thread they may be bringing back the MITB match at WM28.

This gave me an idea, although it is pure speculation/fantasy.

If there is to be a MITB match at the PPV it will probably/definately come before the WWE championship match, which hopefully will be CM Punk Vs Jericho.

What if Jericho gets into the MITB aswell and wins, then goes on to win the WWE title?

The reason he enters MITB is for extra "insurance" because he wants the WWE title back. Perhaps the Girl in the promos (Steph McMahon probably) or John L could be involved in helping him get into the match because they want the title off Punk aswell.

Now, Jericho wins MITB, and enters the main event almost certain of becoming the new WWE champion during the match or by using the MITB.

But something happens, although Jericho is tired/worn out from the MITB match he manages to overcome Punk without using the briefcase. Either by pure skill, cheating or interference. Whatever way you want to go with it.

Now for the first time ever, we have a Champion holding the Briefcase. Being WWE Champion already, what can he do? Well! he can cash it on the World Heavyweight champion and become the new undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion for the first time in umpteen years (need a history lesson there)

What do you think of this idea?

Could a story along these lines be the final merge into having a proper Champion everyone has to be chasing, adding prestige back into the championship?

Or, what do you see happening in general heading deeper into 2012?

No...the idea of having Jericho participating in 2 full matches is just stupid :/

If the MitB match ever does happen at WM, its likely to go 30 mins...same goes for the title match. Given the toll that a ladder match takes on a wrestler, there's no way WWE would have Jericho head into a 'co-main even' match not fresh.

Secondly...its WM...the biggest payday of the year...I highly doubt WWE would have Jericho pull a double header in favor of the other midcarders on the roster.

No...the idea of having Jericho participating in 2 full matches is just stupid :/

If the MitB match ever does happen at WM, its likely to go 30 mins...same goes for the title match. Given the toll that a ladder match takes on a wrestler, there's no way WWE would have Jericho head into a 'co-main even' match not fresh.

Secondly...its WM...the biggest payday of the year...I highly doubt WWE would have Jericho pull a double header in favor of the other midcarders on the roster.

True, that thought did cross my mind, it would be too much for him to do it, or he would risk getting injured etc.

But what if they had him enter the MITB match and he just parades around the ring giving high fives to the fans, not getting involved until the moment he climbs the ladder to retrieve the case :lmao: (just joking)

I'm just trying to think of a new way they could do something, or get the title back to just one.

Nice fantasy, but this will never happen. I love Jericho, and he is one of the best, but I don't think Jericho winning the Money In The Bank briefcase AND the WWE Championship in the same night is redundant. Not only that, but the idea of Jericho once again becoming the "new undisputed championship" isn't necessary. What exactly would he gain from that? I'd rather just see Jericho win the upcoming Royal Rumble, and face Cm Punk at Wrestlemania 28.

While I like the curveball you've thrown here, it doesn't really make much sense for Jericho to take away from the other performers involved in MITB due to the fact that Jericho would already have a title match, MITB in my opinion should be used to elevate talent to the next level (e.g. Edge, Punk.) and Jericho shouldn't take away from that aspect.

Not that Jericho wouldn't be able to do this, but the WWE wouldn't be stupid enough to put Jericho in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match, which would last around about 25 minutes - half an hour.. and then go on to face Punk for the WWE Championship, and win!? No No NO! The only possible way this would even enter the creative team's minds would be if they had Jericho vs. Punk as the Main Event and with The Rock vs. John Cena and The Undertaker Match, this will not happen, sorry pal

Ok Jericho is obviously going to be at Wrestlemania in some shape or another. I also just read in the Evan Bourne thread they may be bringing back the MITB match at WM28.

This gave me an idea, although it is pure speculation/fantasy.

If there is to be a MITB match at the PPV it will probably/definately come before the WWE championship match, which hopefully will be CM Punk Vs Jericho.

What if Jericho gets into the MITB aswell and wins, then goes on to win the WWE title?

The reason he enters MITB is for extra "insurance" because he wants the WWE title back. Perhaps the Girl in the promos (Steph McMahon probably) or John L could be involved in helping him get into the match because they want the title off Punk aswell.

Now, Jericho wins MITB, and enters the main event almost certain of becoming the new WWE champion during the match or by using the MITB.

But something happens, although Jericho is tired/worn out from the MITB match he manages to overcome Punk without using the briefcase. Either by pure skill, cheating or interference. Whatever way you want to go with it.

Now for the first time ever, we have a Champion holding the Briefcase. Being WWE Champion already, what can he do? Well! he can cash it on the World Heavyweight champion and become the new undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion for the first time in umpteen years (need a history lesson there)

What do you think of this idea?

Could a story along these lines be the final merge into having a proper Champion everyone has to be chasing, adding prestige back into the championship?

Or, what do you see happening in general heading deeper into 2012?

Sticking to your fantasy booking idea, I would love to see something like this. I would change the beginning and the end of it though.

I would like to see Chris Jericho win the Royal Rumble and choose to challenge the WWE Champion, whoever it may be at the time. Then like you said, I would have him enter and win the Money In The Bank match for extra insurance. Then like you said, I would have him beat the WWE Champion, and then cash in on the World Champion to become the Undisputed WWE World Champion again for the first time since the week after SummerSlam 2002. Just for "$#!+s and giggles", I would then have Jericho enter and win the 2012 King Of The Ring Tournament just to prove even further that he is the Best in the World at what he does.

Let’s see. That’s a Royal Rumble victory, Mr. Money In TheBank, and King Of The Ring to go with his 2nd (I say 3rd) WWE Championship and his 6th WCW / World Heavyweight Championship. I would then just walk away from Wrestling at that point, injury free and on top of the WWE Universe. The WWE and World Titles can then be split up again and all is back to normal after a 3 month run (this would put KORT somewhere between April and June). He can come back again later for a 4th time strictly as a manager or a WWE GM.

TECHNICALLY, CM Punk became the Undisputed WWE Champion when he defeated John Cena to retain his title, and win Cena's at SummerSlam. But del Rio made short work of making sure that nobody cared, and the "Undisputed" disclaimer fell by the wayside. Don't expect them to try anything similar to that any time soon...

Money in the Bank has been reserved for smaller names trying to make it big. I'm not a huge fan of the concept, as at least half of the names have actually been worsened by winning a World title in this fashion, but it is what it is. Jericho, while if you remember actually "created" the concept, doesn't need it. He's the guy that beat Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night to become Undisputed Champion. He's the guy that killed the Y2J character and beat Shawn Michaels in the famous feud of 2008. Jericho doesn't need a briefcase to win the WWE title, nor do I think he needs to hold the World title at the same time.

It's a fun concept, and I appreciate your creativity, but having an established main eventer return and take both World titles is kind of a slap in the face to the talents that have worked so hard to get to the top. Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Christian, Randy Orton, and Daniel Bryan have legitimate claims to that position. If he's not a Smackdown guy, it's just going to end up with him losing the belt in a matter of weeks. There's no real purpose to it outside of a nostalgia win that ultimately means nothing. They wouldn't ACTUALLY combine the titles, because there are too many talents across two brands and a very large roster that need both belts.

Nice fantasy, but this will never happen. I love Jericho, and he is one of the best, but I don't think Jericho winning the Money In The Bank briefcase AND the WWE Championship in the same night is redundant. Not only that, but the idea of Jericho once again becoming the "new undisputed championship" isn't necessary. What exactly would he gain from that? I'd rather just see Jericho win the upcoming Royal Rumble, and face Cm Punk at Wrestlemania 28.

I don't think it's necessary, I just like the idea of the belts merging at some point, especially now the WWE and World Heavyweight belts are pretty much shown every Monday now with the "supershows" Daniel Bryan, Henry, Big Show, etc whoever has the belt just looks like a con to me.

They are almost putting Daniel Bryan on the same level as Punk which just isn't the case. These guys should really be fighting for an IC or US title, while trying to become the best in the world which should be represented by 1 WWE Championship.

There isn't 2 Super bowl trophies, 2 Stanley cups, 2 world cups, 2 Premier / La Liga / Ligue 1 / Bundesliga trophies, there is 1.

Maybe RAW is a different league to Smackdown.

All that being said, I think something cool like this could be a great to finally merge the belts. But yeah, it is a pipe dream.

While I like the curveball you've thrown here, it doesn't really make much sense for Jericho to take away from the other performers involved in MITB due to the fact that Jericho would already have a title match, MITB in my opinion should be used to elevate talent to the next level (e.g. Edge, Punk.) and Jericho shouldn't take away from that aspect.

That would be the risk taking away someone elses chance to shine. I just feel something needs to be done with both champions appearing on the same show. Surely people must be asking or thinking; who's the actual champion?

Not that Jericho wouldn't be able to do this, but the WWE wouldn't be stupid enough to put Jericho in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match, which would last around about 25 minutes - half an hour.. and then go on to face Punk for the WWE Championship, and win!? No No NO! The only possible way this would even enter the creative team's minds would be if they had Jericho vs. Punk as the Main Event and with The Rock vs. John Cena and The Undertaker Match, this will not happen, sorry pal

I doubt it would happen aswell, I'd love to see it. Could even help the Jericho heel persona out if he isn't already hated by then. Giving him almost on hour of show time ;)

Sticking to your fantasy booking idea, I would love to see something like this. I would change the beginning and the end of it though.

I would like to see Chris Jericho win the Royal Rumble and choose to challenge the WWE Champion, whoever it may be at the time. Then like you said, I would have him enter and win the Money In The Bank match for extra insurance. Then like you said, I would have him beat the WWE Champion, and then cash in on the World Champion to become the Undisputed WWE World Champion again for the first time since the week after SummerSlam 2002. Just for "$#!+s and giggles", I would then have Jericho enter and win the 2012 King Of The Ring Tournament just to prove even further that he is the Best in the World at what he does.

Let’s see. That’s a Royal Rumble victory, Mr. Money In TheBank, and King Of The Ring to go with his 2nd (I say 3rd) WWE Championship and his 6th WCW / World Heavyweight Championship. I would then just walk away from Wrestling at that point, injury free and on top of the WWE Universe. The WWE and World Titles can then be split up again and all is back to normal after a 3 month run (this would put KORT somewhere between April and June). He can come back again later for a 4th time strictly as a manager or a WWE GM.

:lmao: Love the King of the Ring idea! I am dying to see a proper KOTR take place at some point, the one Sheamus won was below par for me, would really like to see the top guys battle it out for the prestige of winning a tough tournement.

Maybe we could have Jericho Vs whoever the Smackdown champ is during that tournement or as the finale to merge them together then.

[Heel] Green Ranger;3658466 said:
TECHNICALLY, CM Punk became the Undisputed WWE Champion when he defeated John Cena to retain his title, and win Cena's at SummerSlam. But del Rio made short work of making sure that nobody cared, and the "Undisputed" disclaimer fell by the wayside. Don't expect them to try anything similar to that any time soon...

Money in the Bank has been reserved for smaller names trying to make it big. I'm not a huge fan of the concept, as at least half of the names have actually been worsened by winning a World title in this fashion, but it is what it is. Jericho, while if you remember actually "created" the concept, doesn't need it. He's the guy that beat Stone Cold and the Rock in the same night to become Undisputed Champion. He's the guy that killed the Y2J character and beat Shawn Michaels in the famous feud of 2008. Jericho doesn't need a briefcase to win the WWE title, nor do I think he needs to hold the World title at the same time.

It's a fun concept, and I appreciate your creativity, but having an established main eventer return and take both World titles is kind of a slap in the face to the talents that have worked so hard to get to the top. Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Christian, Randy Orton, and Daniel Bryan have legitimate claims to that position. If he's not a Smackdown guy, it's just going to end up with him losing the belt in a matter of weeks. There's no real purpose to it outside of a nostalgia win that ultimately means nothing. They wouldn't ACTUALLY combine the titles, because there are too many talents across two brands and a very large roster that need both belts.

Yeah to tell you the truth I did forget about that, and it was only 6 months ago roughly, reason I forgot about it was it wasn't really a true undisputed championship match in my eyes. It could have been a vacated title in theory it was still 2 guys going for the 1 belt not both.

Good points in your second paragraph, I just think it would be a great time and way of getting more weight back on being the WWE Champion and making it mean a lot more.

Maybe just taking the belt off Punk will be enough (taking back what is his) I always thought after knowing it was Jericho that he could do more and change the landscape as they say. The world as you know it etc. from the promos should warrant something huge in my eyes.

And yeah, I don't see it happening. I think if there is a MITB match at WM then someone like Christian or Wade Barrett would be the ideal people to take that briefcase and put it to good use with their character.

Here is my idea for Chris Jericho on the Road to Wrestlemania.

At the Royal Rumble, 4 men are in the ring..Chris Jericho, Wade Barrett, Sheamus and The Miz. Chris Jericho eliminates The Miz, Wade Barrett eliminates Sheamus and now it is down to Chris Jericho and Wade Barrett, Chris Jericho goes on to eliminate Wade Barrett and win the Royal Rumble Match..he thinks he as won it but then the countdown starts for the #30 entrant 10...9...8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1 Randy Orton's theme song hits and he makes his way down to ring, he then throws Chris Jericho over the top rope and Randy Orton is the 2012 Royal Rumble Winner.

Next Night On Raw, Chris Jericho finally speaks and he rants about how he was screwed at the Royal Rumble by Randy Orton, he keeps on talking until he gets a text message...he smiles at it and then he walks backstage...
The Main Event...CM Punk vs John Lauritinus, if John Lauritinus wins, he gets to face CM Punk at Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship. During the end of the match, Chris Jericho runs into the ring and hits the codebreaker on CM Punk making John Lauritinus win the match which means he gets to face CM Punk at Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship.

Next Week On Raw, CM Punk comes out and talks about what transpired last week on Raw, he gets interupted by John Lauritinus and he said he had nothing to do with Chris Jericho coming out and interfering with our match. I would like something to say at Elimination Chamber not only will I be facing you for the WWE Championship, there will be an Elimination Chamber Match and the winner will face the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania and as a result of last week Chris Jericho won't be competing in the Elimination Chamber...

At the Elimination Chamber, CM Punk beat John Laurinitus for the WWE Championship and now it is time for the main event, the elimination chamber match, the participants are John Cena, Kane, R Truth, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and David Otunga. The Final 3 men in the chamber is John Cena, Kane and Dolph Ziggler. Dolph Ziggler's chamber door opens but Chris Jericho comes out from underneath the chamber and beats up Dolph Ziggler, which means Chris Jericho is now inserted into the Chamber Match, Chris Jericho goes on to win the Elimination Chamber Match.

Next Night On Raw, Chris Jericho brags about how he is the new #1 Contender for the WWE Championship, He keeps on talking until he is interrupted by CM Punk. They have a staredown in the middle of the ring, just as CM Punk was about to talk, John Lauritinus comes down and says that Chris Jericho is not the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship, he was never an official entrant so therefore as the main event...Stephanie McMahons music hits and she makes her way down to the Ring. She tells John that he will no longer be making decisions around here because I am the new permanent general manager of Monday Night Raw and guess what YOUR FIRED ! And as for the WWE Championship Match at Wrestlemania 28 it will be CM Punk versus Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship....

CM Punk goes on to beat Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania

What do you think ???

I would like to add this to my idea to kick off Jericho’s 2012 WWE run.

This would be the most fantastic idea I’ve read in a while.

I don't usually watch aftermath but I did this week, and I heard the 29 are eliminated and jericho wins idea on the show. I think it's a great idea aswell.

Not sure where they would go with it after that though, could even have not lift a finger or fight all the way up to WM28 if they wanted to.

Could get very interesting :)

I don't usually watch aftermath but I did this week, and I heard the 29 are eliminated and jericho wins idea on the show. I think it's a great idea aswell.

Not sure where they would go with it after that though, could even have not lift a finger or fight all the way up to WM28 if they wanted to.

Could get very interesting :)

I don't watch it either. I just read about it in the main page.

As long as it’s something that has never been done before, I’m all for it. I think it would be a great idea to have Cena and Orton enter in at number 28 and 29 and eliminate each other the same was as Bret “The Hitman” Hart and Lex Luger at the 1994 Royal Rumble. Then have Jericho come out and win. I wouldn’t have Jericho say a word till after he wins either Championship at WrestleMania.

Jericho will be already in the amin event at Wrestlemania after winning the Royal Rumble. He wont compete in Elimination Chamber, they wont have Jericho losing televised until he puts Punk over. KOTR is to elevate mid card talent, Jericho wont be entered into a tournament I would not think, assuming they bring it back in 2012.

I doubt that the original post's scenario will play out. It's interesting on paper, but it will never happen. If they do bring back Wrestlemania's Money In the Bank Ladder match then I don't see Jericho even being in that match, let alone winning it. Jericho will likely be facing Taker or Punk. It sounds more like a wish for a return of the Undisputed Championship than a good storyline for Jericho and it would not be as good as it sounds due to the fact that whether he faces Taker's streak or challenges Punk he would be able to enter a feud with a great storyline, thus nullifying the need to do this type of angle.

Jericho doesn't need an angle like this anyhow. He has already merged two world titles before so it would not be as special. If anyone's merging any titles it should be Punk and/or Bryan. The scenario in the original post would fit better for Bryan. I still don't think it would be that great of an idea in the end though. I bet we will see Jericho in an awesome storyline with or without something like this. My money's on him facing Taker right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back