An attempt

Unsold Bacon

Shucky Ducky Quack Quack
cmpunksig.jpg

Meh? probably won't make many sigs anyways but I was bored. thoughts?

EDIT: I'd probably have to shrink this if i ever used it, BTW this is my first try

The cuts are VERY messy. That's something you really want to work on. Punk is missing large chunks of his body in some places, while in others the background is still there. What program do you use? If it's Photoshop CS3 or above, I have a tutorial for making good cuts, which you can find in "The Photoshop Sig-Making Tips, Tricks, and Guides Thread", located in this section.

You're correct, it is far too big. Sigs here have to be under 800 pixels total and the width can be no longer than 500 pixels.

The smudged, Ink Stick Pic of him with the microphone doesn't fit very well to me. It also has the sloppy cuts, which make it look even stranger and out of place, in my opinion.

The background is nice, but I personally think that it would have been better if you centered the Hardcore Straightedge logo as opposed to repeating it like you did.

The text is OK, but it doesn't show up very well and your name needs to be a different color. The red doesn't fit at all.

And, finally, you really should have a border on all your sigs. They make it seem more like a finished product.

However, you're still learning. Was this your first graphic or have you attempted to make some before? If this was you're first, it's not completely terrible, there are just a lot of things you need to do to fix it up.

:)

The cuts are VERY messy. That's something you really want to work on. Punk is missing large chunks of his body in some places, while in others the background is still there. What program do you use? If it's Photoshop CS3 or above, I have a tutorial for making good cuts, which you can find in "The Photoshop Sig-Making Tips, Tricks, and Guides Thread", located in this section.

You're correct, it is far too big. Sigs here have to be under 800 pixels total and the width can be no longer than 500 pixels.

The smudged, Ink Stick Pic of him with the microphone doesn't fit very well to me. It also has the sloppy cuts, which make it look even stranger and out of place, in my opinion.

The background is nice, but I personally think that it would have been better if you centered the Hardcore Straightedge logo as opposed to repeating it like you did.

The text is OK, but it doesn't show up very well and your name needs to be a different color. The red doesn't fit at all.

And, finally, you really should have a border on all your sigs. They make it seem more like a finished product.

However, you're still learning. Was this your first graphic or have you attempted to make some before? If this was you're first, it's not completely terrible, there are just a lot of things you need to do to fix it up.

:)

I use Gimp 2. This was my first, and I was just bored so I whipped this up in 20 minutes. Don't except me to post much around in this section anyways. I just had nothing to do.

OK, GIMP. I don't know much about GIMP, but I do know the basics of style apply. Remember to keep your sigs the right size, keep all your cuts clean (If GIMP has a polygonal lasso, that would be dead useful. If they've added something similar to Photoshop's Quick Selection Tool, that would be fantastic), and make sure ALL your colors go together. And always remember a border, even a single pixel one.

I look forward to seeing any work you may do in the future. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back