• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I The Only One Who Thinks David Otunga Has Charisma?

cmedge

The Abdi
David Otunga The A-lister. Am I the only one that thinks he has some potential. David Otunga has decent mic skills, there`s something about him that sticks out. He has a good look he is rather green in the ring but that`s no problem he could and will probably improve.

He has charisma and in my opinion if he improves in the ring could be a big superstar in the WWE. He does indeed have alot of haters (IWC) but even Vince McMahon is high on him.

He is very popular he is married to Jennifer Hudson. He is very good looking, I am a fan of The A-lister.

He put on a good match with Edge and he did a good job of hosting Raw.

I think that he may make a good heel in the future if he improves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzVslp14LP4&feature=relmfu

David Otunga has plenty of charisma. What he doesn't have is in ring ability. He gets a lot of criticism due to his lack of in ring ability, so it is not an issue of whether or not he has any charisma. He could become one of the best ever on the mic, but if he did it still would not matter if he cannot do anything significant in the ring because when it comes down to it it's still a WRESTLING show.

I think that you might be the only fan of David Otunga. Honestly, from what I see the guy stinks at his craft. His only move he can do is his finisher. As far as him being good on the mic, we have to define what good is. If good is he doesn't flub his lines then yes. He is good. If good means his voice uses inflection and he is believable as he talks then no. He is not good. At all.

Potential he has. Sweet hair cuts he has. Charmisa he has. Ability he lacks.

I personally think Otunga is absolutely awful. People say well he's good on the mic and he has charisma. No he's not Miz has charisma not Otunga. Not to mention how god awful he is in the ring. If Otunga wasn't with Jenn Hudson he wouldn't have even made it to the wwe.

I always thought he was better off going back to FCW because this guy totally sucks in the Ring. Once he got on the mic, he still sucks. he looks like a million bucks, but he is awful on the mic. The only reason why he has a job is because he married to Jennifer Hudson and That's the only way i see it. every time he gets in the ring like for example a tag team match, the first thing the fans notice he botches a lot of his moves. he can't move properly in the ring, and can't work with everybody.

the way i see it, gonna take about 2 years for him to improve or more. He not even close to be a main event, that's gonna take years for him to do

Reactions: PhD
Thank u. Someone who agrees with me. I think he has lots of potential. Great mic skills. And i think he is a decent in ring wrestler. I agree ;)

Otunga is straight up terrible. He's got no ring skills, his finisher looks like a watered down rock bottom/choke slam, and his mic skills are about a 6/10. How he ever got to hold ANY title is beyond me, and I'd love to see him future endeavored. Not to say he's the worst WWE has to offer right now, but i'm really scratching my head trying to think of somebody who sucks more.

I don't buy into Jennifer Hudson being the reason for his job at Double Double E (Koslov), but I can say that last I saw of him he definitely didn't look like a typical polished wrestler. However, with only 6 months of FCW in him filling out the wrestling portion of his resume, I'd say he has held his own fine in WWE.

His expressions always compliment his heel acting perfectly, he's got a smirk that makes you think he really is a backstabbing little prick who only does for himself.

I'd argue he's more charismatic then the Miz. I hate it when heels do that slow voice with the pregnant pause that makes it look like their lines are written on their hands. Jericho did it a few years ago and I let it go, but Miz hardly ever moves his eyeballs when he speaks like a nervous kid in his 8th grade graduation.

I, like a lot of people noticed him first on NXT. Outside of being a good looking guy, he brings nothing to the table! Otunga is very clumbsy and too much is made of his alleged charisma. Charisma is that interchangeable aspect of a person that makes you gravitate towards them in a positive or negative way. In pro wrestling, Hogan had it, Flair, Rock, Austin, and HBK as well. Those guys characters were magnetic whether they were good or bad. Nowadays, everyone is being accused of having charisma. It is to the point where charisma has lost its meaning. Also, lets not forget that Otunga was an aspiring actor and appeared on a reality show before his current gig, so he probably had acting lessons to teach him how to perform on camera, sort of like everyones beloved Miz (another guy who is accused of having charisma). Does that mean everyone in Hollywood has charisma too? No, David Otunga has no charisma, he's just another cocky jackass that thought his looks were enough to get him by in pro wrestling.It also helps when you can brag about going to the same University and belonging to the same fraternal order as President Obama. On a personal note, I thought Michael Tarver had more potential than anyone else on season one NXT... P.E.A.C.E.

When was liast time i saw him?......Last year, maybe the Royal Rumble but seriously. He hasnt won 1 match clean, at all. Not even on superstars. He seems to be pretty worthless. I never really liked him before anyway and every match i see him in(Which is usually a tag team) he never gets in the ring.

I would like to see him attempt a match but he just never has any so......Yea.
The worst of it all is that hes a member of the Tag team champions. Hes done nothing at all and he has some gold, WTF?

I'm going to answer your question and not jump you for being an Otunga fan. Yes, I think he has a ton of charisma. Is he the best in ring guy on Raw? No, probably closer to the bottom of the pool as far as in ring, but that's not saying there is no place for him. I think David Otunga would make a perfect heel manager. Once Nexus goes away, I would keep him and McGillicutty off TV for a while and bring them back with Otunga as his manager. He has good mic skills, from this post it is clear he gets heat, and although people knock his in ring skills, he has enough to compete from time to time much like Armando Estrada did. Even if no McGillicutty, he could really get a heel over that needed a moutpiece. He is muscular, but he isn't excessivley big so it wouldn't look strange neither.

I think Otunga has something there, but his mic work seems too forced. His words do not seemed to be reenforced by genuine meaning - he spits out his lines monotonously. I mean, I see something there, an iota of something, but he has never made me believe him in his mic work or portrayal of a character.

Personally I like Otunga, and think he's getting wasted in this current incarnation of The Nexus. He has a great look, he's decent on the mic, he has charisma, and he has an "it" factor about him. The only problem is that with how much he's been jobbed out and made to look like a lackey, it's hard to take him seriously. If he would have started off with a more solid push, and not just been a sidekick, he would be much more successful right now.

Now, I'm not gonna say he's Einstein in the ring or anything. He's pretty green. But with more time I'm sure he can develop better in ring skill and make something of himself. I think he has all the tools to become successful. He just needs more time to develop.

He could have been the breakout star of the Nexus, but again the WWE dropped the ball with him. He could of been the one to turn the group on Barrett rather than bringing in CM Punk to take over the leadership of the group.

For a while it looked as if Otunga could have been the one to take over the Nexus and feud with Barrett. It could have been magic, but they failed. Otunga may not be "great" in the ring but he has the charisma to get him very far.

I don't think he is very good at all. His finishing move is horrible and so are the rest of his moves. He hs been nothing but a lackey of Wade Barrett and CM Punk during his time on Raw.

Actually, Otunga has tons of charisma. He just does not connect with fans or able to work in the ring. We know him as arm candy... and see his 'career' as a joke.

he has charisma... he just sucks on everything else beside the mic... I cant see what WWE see in him.......(his wife)

He was on FCW before being in the WWE NXT, so as all of the guys there, so if some has the opportunity why the blue hell doesn't he deserve it?
Also having a semi-famous wife can be used on his gimmick, remember the A-List?

David Otunga just needs a little practice on the "Wrestling Part" but well Batista is a multi-time world champion and he wasn't Daniel Bryan or CM Punk right?
It always depends on the push they give him, he is a rising star in my opinion, his vignettes on being the 2# declared leader of the Nexus were great.
He acts very well, when he was forced to lose the Tag Team Titles, he did a fantastic job.
David Otunga has all the tools, and he just needs 6 months at FCW and he will be a better wrestler.

David Otunga vs Edge - SmackDown Lumberjack Match​
[YOUTUBE]C7-UD7-NsDU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

FINALLY, someone who agrees with me. I know that I am biased because I am a huge Otunga mark, but seriously, the dude should be a main-eventer. Mic skillz are sick, finisher is tits, overall a great guy and a great superstar. Mark my words (no pun intended) dude gets MITB next year at the minimum, strap in the best case senerio (probably at summerslam)

-i respect your opinion, but the reality of it all is that he really sucks. he lacks in-ring ability (which is a major thing), VKM cant be to high on him cause he hasnt really gotten pushed at all, (of course drew has the same problem) other then nexus and thats kinda went downhill), charisma, uh i supose he a lil charisma wouldnt give him alot of credit on that though....

-jennifer hudson......... uh yeah uh she isnt exactly a trophy wife and she is a very poor singer so yeah thats nothing to be proud of at all (of course i only listen to stuff from the 60's through the 90"s and some of the new stuff of the good old bands and some of the new good bands... BMTH!!! AA!!!!) but i have listened to some of her stuff and i just dont feel it.

-yes he had a good match with edge (cause edge carried him through it.......), and yes he was fairly decent as the guest host, but just fairly..... so uh yeah that about sums it up, sorry dude, but z-list otunga just aint that great.

Otunga has the charisma to be great, however, he lacks the in-ring skills to be great. his matches arent great to watch and i rather watch his tag partner McGuillicutty (or henning) wrestle. the team of McGuillicutty and Otunga are opposites. McGuillicutty can wrestle, but the fans dont connect with him because of his mic work, Otunga can connect with the fans if he is asked to, but his in-ring skills need work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back