• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I a bad employee?

Spaceman Spif

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok I've been working my ass lately, getting my department above and beyond the standard it needs to be at, I've also been helping in other departments due to lack of manpower. I've even been back in the Tire & Lube Express doing oil changes and tire jobs, even though I promoted out front to Automotive Merchandise Supervisor, again due to lack of manpower. I took on the voluntary title of Safety Team Leader, which adds a shit load more of stuff to my plate, and to round it all off there is still the time consuming helping customers, not only in my department, but doing carryouts from lawnmowers to tv's. Basically I feel I am being a workhorse for Walmart.

So even though I really was not sick, I still felt run down and left work early today, after only three hours, so I could enjoy a little longer weekend. so am I am a bad employee?

Ok I've been working my ass lately, getting my department above and beyond the standard it needs to be at, I've also been helping in other departments due to lack of manpower. I've even been back in the Tire & Lube Express doing oil changes and tire jobs, even though I promoted out front to Automotive Merchandise Supervisor, again due to lack of manpower. I took on the voluntary title of Safety Team Leader, which adds a shit load more of stuff to my plate, and to round it all off there is still the time consuming helping customers, not only in my department, but doing carryouts from lawnmowers to tv's. Basically I feel I am being a workhorse for Walmart.

So even though I really was not sick, I still felt run down and left work early today, after only three hours, so I could enjoy a little longer weekend. so am I am a bad employee?

Not in the least. You were run down, and you didn't feel like you could work at the capabilities that the company expects of you (and you of yourself). Good enough reason to take off from work (if it isn't a regular occurrence). Just don't make a habit of doing it.

Sounds like you work for the DEVIL himself at WAL-MART. All the praise in the world to you my friend. DAMN THE MAN, DAMN THE MAN !!!

BTW, you sound like a good employee.

So you left Wal-Mart... early? I'll be surprised if you have a job when you get back. Someone at the Wal-Mart I was working at... was termed for being a HALF hour late.

Not as long as you took the day off. Everyone deserves a day off, as long as they make their employer aware they are taking the day(s) off and have the days allotted, of course.

Did you ask for permisson before you left?, made sure that you had yourself covered beforehand?

If not then it may cause some tension and could even lead to a warning or termination.

As for being a bad employee no, you where burnt out and stressed, just relax and stay calm for the weekend, you can talk to your manager monday about this whole mess and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Did you ask for permisson before you left?, made sure that you had yourself covered beforehand?

If not then it may cause some tension and could even lead to a warning or termination.

As for being a bad employee no, you where burnt out and stressed, just relax and stay calm for the weekend, you can talk to your manager monday about this whole mess and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Oh yeah, I had three Sales Associates on, as well as a Support Manager. So my department had enough people.

Not at all, when I worked at Wally World a few years ago I was late almost every other day, left early, and hardly did my job, and they still never fired me. I just quit because I didn't wanna work the blitz. Glad I grew up though cuz rent ain't no joke.

Not at all, when I worked at Wally World a few years ago I was late almost every other day, left early, and hardly did my job, and they still never fired me. I just quit because I didn't wanna work the blitz. Glad I grew up though cuz rent ain't no joke.

Our mangers our hardasses and rightfully so. We are new store, opened in October and we don't want to get stuck with the stigma a lot of Walmart's have. So yeah they don't tolerate that kind of stuff. We've had a 73% turn over in associates and a 84% in management. One of the overnight Asst. Manager's fire 10 people in one night.

Our mangers our hardasses and rightfully so. We are new store, opened in October and we don't want to get stuck with the stigma a lot of Walmart's have. So yeah they don't tolerate that kind of stuff. We've had a 73% turn over in associates and a 84% in management. One of the overnight Asst. Manager's fire 10 people in one night.

They definatly shouldn't, I was really immature when I woked there, I had just graduated high school and was going to grad parties every night and coming in hung over the next morning or not coming in at all. I can't believe that they put up with my shit all summer. I would have fired me after the first week lol. But you don't seem like a bad employee by any means, I was a bad employee.

You don't seem like a bad emplotee at all, but that may have been a bad decision, depending on the people your working for. You already said the department was covered, they knew you were leaving, that's all fine and dandy. As long as you leaving early isn't a regular thing, you should be fine.

Same deal with me. I'm a good employee where I work, and if I ever needed to leave early, assuming we had enough staff, I could do so without getting fired... Then again, I work in a kitchen where people throw knives when upset. They don't get fired for that, so I'm pretty sure MY job is safe...

Matt you aren't being a bad employee, if you feel run down, then leave early if your not completely in the zone at work because it will do good, because if you continue to work when being over worked then your productivity will not be high.

If you want a bad employee, where i used to work we stole stuff off shelves....we werent getting paid enough.

Oh yeah, I had three Sales Associates on, as well as a Support Manager. So my department had enough people.

Depending on that particular Wal-Mart, you should be alright. TLE's a different animal, anyway. Unlike the other sections of the store. I assume you told them you were leaving. If you didn't, then you may still see some trouble. But I doubt you did that.

Depending on that particular Wal-Mart, you should be alright. TLE's a different animal, anyway. Unlike the other sections of the store. I assume you told them you were leaving. If you didn't, then you may still see some trouble. But I doubt you did that.

Oh the shop itself had the Service Manager and 6 techs on. Yeah I told them I was leaving and it was ok with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back