Almost 6 months on... What If... Christian WAS the assailant?

tbanger

Happily paid for John Cena's album
Most people on here will know that Christian was originally the attacker of Jeff Hardy. But as a swerve, and to punk us (and other internet fans) out, Matt Hardy was revealed as the attacker. Christian ended up on ECW and Matt Hardy became a heel. Its now 6 months later. In what way do you think things would have been different?

• How do you think Christian would have gone down on his return as a heel, probably on SD?
  • Would you have missed the Hardy feud?
  • Would Matt have turned heel another way?
  • How would this have affected Edge?
  • Would you have missed Christian as ECW champ?

Basically what are your thoughts on how things have panned out?

I don't know how things would have panned out, but I definitely liked Matt and Jeff's match at Mania, and the stretcher match as well. And I like Christian's run on ECW so far, although I think he has been wasted there to an extent/

(Sorry if this is a repost or anything:blush:)

I think that Christian and Edge would've reunited when they figured out it was Christian. Then Christian would've won the US title and that way they could say their better than the Hardys with Matt feuding with Christian over the US title.

As for missing the Hardy feud, it was already somewhat done during 2001 at Vengence but they could've made their feud better though.
I think Matt would've eventually turned heel so that way he could get his push into the main event.
I don't think it would've affected Edge to much unless he lost the title to Jeff anyways.
As for Christian's ECW run, I think that it would have happened eventually because Vince doesn't think to highly of him.

E&C would be back

Christian wouldn't have a chance at winning a world title because he would have been with Edge

Matt would have been in the picture but not as long

Chris Jericho would have joined them I think

Jericho and Christan would be the tag team in the faction

Christian would have eventually moved to ECW

and would have once again taken a back seat to Edge

Well i see it like this

E&C joins up, Jeff tag teams with Matt and kickstart what would have been a program that would have been better than other storylines (I'm assuming that they would have handled the storyline and handled it very well)
E&C breaks up, same as Jeff and Matt.
Matt turns heel, Christian turns face, Christian probably feuds with Matt....and I think that both would have ended up in the upper/mid card while jeff and edge feud for the WHC.

....damn, Matt has been shafted by creative. Such awesome potential. In case you disagree go look at the HARDYMANIA thread thats happenin'

Well, if that WAS the case, that Christian was supposed to be the assailant and WWE swerved us, then I believe that would have led to some very entertaining E&C vs. the Hardys matches that would have included a variety of tables, ladders and chairs. It would have given Christian the opportunity to more accurately display his promo skills as I think he is a much better talker when working as a heel and he would have had much higher quality workers to put on better matches.

The downside is that Christian would be stuck under Edge's glass ceiling and would never taste a World Championship. Just like poor Matt Hardy, Christian is the other guy in the equation of E&C and he would be relegated to winning Tag Team championships and the odd IC title.

E&C would be back

Christian wouldn't have a chance at winning a world title because he would have been with Edge

Matt would have been in the picture but not as long

Chris Jericho would have joined them I think

Jericho and Christan would be the tag team in the faction

Christian would have eventually moved to ECW

and would have once again taken a back seat to Edge

first off all,there is no "would have" because you don't know what would have happened

believe it or not,just because christian was main eventing in TNA,doesn't mean he's atomatically going to main eventing in WWE,people raised there hopes on that on purpose,Christian belongs on ECW.... for NOW,WWE made the right choice by putting christian on the c show because honestly,WHY DOES CHRISTIAN DESERVE TO MAIN EVENT?and don't say because christian was main eventing in TNA and don't say because christian was with WWE for a long time because i didn't see anyone complaining from 2003-2005 that christian should be main eventing because he was a joke back then

lets face it,people only wanted christian main eventing because of what they saw in TNA,well,WWE is not TNA and christian is exactly where he belongs

Matt hardys push was good but now,it's totally nothing,Matt is jobbing every week to MVP and kofi so his push was basically a waste

there is really no point in wondering "what if" because no one is really sure what would have happened

I would like if Christian joined into a stable with Rated RKO after Orton is drafted to SD! that would be awesome then they could take out Jeff and maybe have Matt try and get revenge on Christian which leads to a huge match and would probably still have Vickie Guerrero as GM so 3 on 1 steel cage match and when they are pummeling Matt in a corner Jeff climbs into the cage and then it goes on from there?

Like him or not, Christian is a huge talent and deserved better. I'm not saying put him in the main event but at least upper mid card. He went to ECW lost to Swagger, won the title, lost to Dreamer. Wow they did a lot with this character. ECW is for up and coming new talent, Christian going to ECW didn't accomplish jack because the show sucks ass anyway. Christian should of went to Smackdown and been Jeff's assailant. Later on Matt Hardy could of turned heel on Jeff during a tag match with the Hardy's against E&C and joined a stable with Edge and Christian. That would of been better heat and more surprising then Matt Hardy being the assailant. No one cared about that feud, that was terrible. Don't dump on Christian because he went to TNA, the better product. He should of stayed there IMO he would of been something better then a former ECW Champion. Now no one gives a shit about Christian or Matt Hardy and Edge isn't even in the picture at all.

what!!?? TNA THE BETTER PRODUCT???!! are you high?? I know this is off topic, but the show ECW puts on every week, whilst it may not get the "premiere" feuds on PPV cards, the show MAKES SENSE and is put together well. Don't try to tell me TNA makes sense when they just had Joe annihilate most of the MEM.....beat the shit out of angle....only to....hand angle the title like they're best friends?? Why Russo WHY?!!....anyways, back to the topic at hand....Christian in ECW is good, because it keeps someone on ECW who people are interested in seeing. Do I think he'll stay on ECW forever....noo, he'll eventually move up the ladder, take a heel turn, and be a big heel on raw (just a guess).....but until then, he's helped Jack Swagger get over, and that is a job well done!

In hindsight, given how poor the HHH/Orton feud has been, HHH should have been the one that attacked Hardy. By last year's Unforgiven, Hardy had started to gain back some of the significant momentum that he had had prior to his suspension. Furthermore, HHH's taunts and Vickie Guerrero's indifference towards Jeff Hardy allowed caused him to transition into an edgier character with a great need to prove that he belonged in the main event.

Nothing would have been more perfect than HHH attacking Hardy at this point, as his role as a face was stale as soon as he was drafted to SmackDown! and it was obvious that the fans wanted a new face in the main event (I think the crowd's reaction to Jeff being unable to perform at Survivor Series 2008 validates this claim).

ECW makes SENSE to you daring2defy because you have no imagination. Lets see hot talents like Christian job to everyone on the card and have the same boring ass matches week after week. It's insulting to call it ECW with what ECW use to be. Also lets have a bleach blonde butterface bimbo as the general manager. I know you are probably a tween who has just been watching wrestling for 5 years maybe less and gets a hard on for Zack Ryder or some chode like Cena or something else. TNA may not have the money or fancy pyro like WWE has or the fun hogpen matches and Triple H vs. Randy Orton feuds for a thousand times. Oh and every PPV is the same matches as the last 2 or 3 PPV's in a row. Not to mention every title is worthless. At least Joe going to the MEM was a curveball and you didn't see it coming. Anyone can see a WWE storyline a mile away. John Cena beat the Big SHOW!!! Holy shit. It's good that Christian is giving Jack Swagger exposure but he should get that from someone like Cena. You're right Christian makes ECW better but its not good from a long shot. How can you go from Sabu and RVD to Kelly Kelly and The Zombie. Horrible.

I really wish the WWE had just given us fans what we wanted. We were anticipating it because it would have been awesome and opened up a really great storyline. Instead, they gave us the swerve and opened up a storyline with Matt that I thought was pretty bland.

Christian never fit in very well with TNA and is better suited for the WWE. The problem is where they have stuck him, it makes him look like a nobody when he is in fact a somebody. At least move him over to Smackdown. It won't be happening anytime soon though as ECW has only a few main event guys right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back