• 10 to 15 years

• 15 to 20 years

• 20 to 25 years

• 25 to 30 years

• 30 years plus

• Whenever I arrive...MWAHAHAHAHAHA

• WHAT? I'm no damn psychic!

Results are only viewable after voting.
You have better bedrock for an earthquake though. If the New Madrid fault has a quake, pretty much the whole midwest is going to crumble.

You have better bedrock for an earthquake though. If the New Madrid fault has a quake, pretty much the whole midwest is going to crumble.

Not really. The earthquake will cause a 7.8 expected with the shaking going into mexico and could cause tidal waves. The thing is the area is very densely populated, about 20 million people live here, thats what got them so worried about it, happens and LA and San Diego will crumble, but also take into the picture geographic differences and how big a state CA is and where the faults are.

300 years is pretty long without a major quake. I think the New Madrid one had one within a century or two. With 300 years of pressure, ya, it's going to be nasty. However, if any place in the country is built for it, Southern Cal is. Not that I'd want an earthquake to happen, but if I was going to have to place an earthquake, it would be there. The building are built with that in mind.

300 years is pretty long without a major quake. I think the New Madrid one had one within a century or two. With 300 years of pressure, ya, it's going to be nasty. However, if any place in the country is built for it, Southern Cal is. Not that I'd want an earthquake to happen, but if I was going to have to place an earthquake, it would be there. The building are built with that in mind.

It's been a long time, and not all places here are built with that in mind. I live in an very old house, like 1950's old and I don't think it could stand up to that. We got a lot of old houses out here and the quake would still take them down as it happens undeground which would cause gaslines and the like to burst. Trust me Shocky, you don't wanna live out here and sure as hell don't want to be here when it happens...Not gonna be pretty and 10's of millions of people will be hurt by it....Including me and AJ.

Don't be talking about earthquakes to a californian sly.

BTW..

Real Mardrid 150 miles

San Andreas 800 miles

And on top of that the san andreas fault goes underwater as well.

san_andreas_fault.gif

I am right on top of it, east of LA. The earthquake is expected to a 7.8 or higher and the odds of that happening over the same time period as a 6 on the real madrid fault is a lot higher, 99%.
The length of a fault means absolutely dick to me when I live right on the fault line. The New Madrid fault is every bit as dangerous as the San Andreas fault, and that as the point I am making.

Thus, when Californians whine about a 5 magnitude earthquake, I just have to laugh, considering just a few months ago, there was the same earthquake in the middle of the night in Illinois.
300 years is pretty long without a major quake. I think the New Madrid one had one within a century or two.
The earthquakes of 1811 and 1812. There was 4 earthquakes of 7.0 or greater in just a few months time. There were aftershocks felt for years after.

The length of a fault means absolutely dick to me when I live right on the fault line. The New Madrid fault is every bit as dangerous as the San Andreas fault, and that as the point I am making.
Thus, when Californians whine about a 5 magnitude earthquake, I just have to laugh, considering just a few months ago, there was the same earthquake in the middle of the night in Illinois.

No scientist will back you up on that, NONE. The San Andreas fault is bigger and has been pressured to the point of a 7.8 or higher in an area populated by 20 million people, which lncluding me live right in the right on or around the fault line. With the people and size the san andreas fault is worse, which is why I laugh when somebody runs his mouth about earthquakes.

And they paid attention to it because it could be and maybe a precursor to something a lot worse...a hell of a lot worse. Oh and the reason the length means dick to you is because you don't understand the meaning of it.

The earthquakes of 1811 and 1812. There was 4 earthquakes of 7.0 or greater in just a few months time. There were aftershocks felt for years after.

California has had at least 10+ 7.0 or higher earthequakes in the 20th century with aftershocks almost as big. The biggest was a 7.9 in San Francisco. That doesn't ignore the fact my area had 2 7.0 earthquakes in one day.

if they buried you, Wes, and Sly next to each other in the cemetary, you would argue for all eternity LOL

I actually get along with Wes fine now, we talk on MSN pretty much everytime he is on. I also supported his unbanning, be interesting because both me and wes have a problem with Sly, so it be 2 on 1. :lmao:

No scientist will back you up on that, NONE. The San Andreas fault is bigger and has been pressured to the point of a 7.8 or higher in an area populated by 20 million people, which lncluding me live right in the right on or around the fault line. With the people and size the san andreas fault is worse, which is why I laugh when somebody runs his mouth about earthquakes.

And they paid attention to it because it could be and maybe a precursor to something a lot worse...a hell of a lot worse. Oh and the reason the length means dick to you is because you don't understand the meaning of it.

California has had at least 10+ 7.0 or higher earthequakes in the 20th century with aftershocks almost as big. The biggest was a 7.9 in San Francisco. That doesn't ignore the fact my area had 2 7.0 earthquakes in one day. So save me the damn sob story.
I don't think you're understanding my point.

I don't care about other people. I care about myself. If there is an earthquake on an 8.0 scale in New Madrid, then I'm fucked. I don't care if someone 200 miles down the road will be effected, I just care about dying in an open field so people will at least be able to find my body.

So, when I say that length of a fault means dick to me, that's what I'm saying. I don't care if there are more people in California, I care that I'm going to die.

I hope you can understand.

I actually get along with Wes fine now, we talk on MSN pretty much everytime he is on. I also supported his unbanning, be interesting because both me and wes have a problem with Sly, so it be 2 on 1. :lmao:
Wes doesn't have a problem with me. We kick morons asses on another forum together all the time. It's great fun.

Oh yeah, and I just PM'd that to you, because it had said the thread was closed. At least you know now that I would have done the same thing in the Miley Cyrus thread.

I don't think you're understanding my point.

I don't care about other people. I care about myself. If there is an earthquake on an 8.0 scale in New Madrid, then I'm fucked. I don't care if someone 200 miles down the road will be effected, I just care about dying in an open field so people will at least be able to find my body.

So, when I say that length of a fault means dick to me, that's what I'm saying. I don't care if there are more people in California, I care that I'm going to die.

I hope you can understand.

I care about myself too, but I also care about people so I don't want others too suffer either. There are a lot of people and as a caring person I don't want them to suffer either. I try to look at the world beyond myself, I'm getting there.

Wes doesn't have a problem with me. We kick morons asses on another forum together all the time. It's great fun.

Not what he tells me.

Oh yeah, and I just PM'd that to you, because it had said the thread was closed. At least you know now that I would have done the same thing in the Miley Cyrus thread.

:lmao: Thats why I locked it, I wanted to see if you would really do that.

I care about myself too, but I also care about people so I don't want others too suffer either. There are a lot of people and as a caring person I don't want them to suffer either. I try to look at the world beyond myself, I'm getting there.
If I die, then other people really don't matter.

I'm looking out for number 1 *insert funny comedy sketch about being number 1...I just dont remember what show it was...maybe All in the Family*

Not what he tells me.
Really? That's funny.

:lmao: Thats why I locked it, I wanted to see if you would really do that.
Glad I didn't disappoint. ;)

If I die, then other people really don't matter.

I'm looking out for number 1 *insert funny comedy sketch about being number 1...I just dont remember what show it was...maybe All in the Family*

There are people above me, if I had to take a bullet for my nephew I would.

Really? That's funny.

Yeah it is. He might be going along with you because he wants the backup, I do the samething.

Glad I didn't disappoint. ;)

Too bad I never got the PM. :lmao:

Why can't you admit fault once? I never got it, sent not received.
1. Why would I admit fault, even if what you said was accurate?

2. I've been posting on numerous vbulletin boards for years. I'm supposed to believe that you didn't get that message when every other person I've ever sent a PM to did?

C'mon DIAR. You can come up with a better lie than this.

1. Why would I admit fault, even if what you said was accurate?

2. I've been posting on numerous vbulletin boards for years. I'm supposed to believe that you didn't get that message when every other person I've ever sent a PM to did?

C'mon DIAR. You can come up with a better lie than this.

Do you have to deny everything? And you are on my ignore list, so no I never got it. Come on, you can't be that hungry. ;)

We argue like lovers.....Maybe we should stop before people start talking. :lmao:

Do you have to deny everything? And you are on my ignore list, so no I never got it. Come on, you can't be that hungry. ;)
If I am on your ignore list, then you shouldn't be able to see what I type, much less quote me. Additionally, if I was on your ignore list, you would still get my PM, it would just tell you that it came from someone on your ignore list.

We argue like lovers.....Maybe we should stop before people start talking. :lmao:
We're like AC Slater and Jesse Spano. :D

If I am on your ignore list, then you shouldn't be able to see what I type, much less quote me. Additionally, if I was on your ignore list, you would still get my PM, it would just tell you that it came from someone on your ignore list.

I can click a button called view post, which is what I do. You are on my ignore list and here it doesn't send PM's if you are. Let it go.

We're like AC Slater and Jesse Spano. :D

More like the king of queens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back