All Or Nothing: Eurasian Tag Team Match

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
Keep it all in here

My thoughts​

The weirdest match on the card? Yeah, Russo hasn't got anything on us.

Not sure how the gimmick assists anyone here but it has to mean Blade and Hammond are slight favourites but only based off their likely teamwork. The feud between these four mean it should be a war. This as much as any match on the card has the potential to set up something big in the future.

Russo more or less booked this match already, at least once.
TNA World Heavyweight Champion and X Division Champion against the Tag Champs, winner takes the loser's belt - I think it was Angle and Joe against 3D. If you ask me the stipulation has not aged well, and despite Russo booking a more logical stipulation and having better reasons to book it than "we need every title defended on every PPV" it was pretty dumb to begin with.

Personally I think the feud is more than interesting enough to carry a conventional tag match without shoehorning a title into the picture (especially given every possible result provides an obvious no.1 contender for me to face on Meltdown - which would still be inside the mythical 30 day limit). If dead set on making it a title match I'd rather have just seen a fatal four way or elimination match with obvious alliances. You get pretty much the same match with the same story and same result, just far less silliness.

Of course all of this is a fairly moot point given that I've already plotted my roleplay and studied my opponent's recent submissions. Quietly confident that I've got this in the bag.

Personally, this is the one match other than the Main Event and my match that I am looking forward to the most. I've always loved the concept of having a singles belt being defended in a tag team environment as it creates more hostility in the match and truly defines how dedicated each team can be to achieve a common goal. No matter how you pitted this Four Man match, Blade and Hammond were always going to work together so a tag team match would be in their best interest in terms of RP's go. As for Beckford and Dragon, it involves the audience that much more due to the possibility of one turning on the other. It's a great challenge for the champion and the faces of the match, something that sort of has a recurring theme for AoN.

As for who will win: I'm on the fence with this one. Yes, Blade and Hammond on the outside have more experience working together but Dragon/Beckford won their match last round against the tag champs yet the Sons of Destiny didn't score the pin over the challengers. If Dragon/Beckford work together, they will no doubt pull the win over on Blade & Hammond... however the finish of the match is going to prove most interesting. On the other hand, with Blade pushing for Hammond to be the champion, they'll have an easier time putting together an RP that will result in a definite winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back