All blacks are thieves, all whites are trash, and all browns are terrorist?

#hamler

That's all folks.
Sorry about the title, couldn't really think of one.

Ok, we've all seen the occasional tv show where a black character walks in a convenient store and the Asian clerk follows their every move until they leave the store. Or we've all experienced some kind of "all middle eastern people are terrorist". Question is, is it right to discriminate to protect something. Such as our country or home. I mean, if we really profile people at air ports or such places, shouldn't we just say all black will rape and kill someone? Can we really stereotype a certain race but not the other? Why is that? Why must we look at a muslim differently than we do any other person.

I know we're all guilty of doing such. Most won't admit stereotyping someone but we all have. Whether its a black, white, yellow, or brown individual. I mean a lot of the terrorist happen to be muslim. But what about the white terrorist? Such as Timothy McVeigh who was responsible for the Oklahoma City Bombing back in the 90's. Thing is, most muslims are really cool people. What if they wanted to become a pilot? They take flight classes and they're instantly having their rights revoked and being interrogated by the FBI or the Homeland Security. I mean I guess its better than having a 30,000 people die in a tragic terrorist attack. But is it right?

Questions:
Should we discriminate or profile people in order to protect our country?

How do we go about protecting our country or home without stereotyping an individual?

Do you look at someone else as if they are a terrorist or thief or criminal just because of their apperance?

Here's a picture for your troubles. The picture kinda explains my views on the subject...
coxnforkum-vi.jpg

Discuss this shit.

A wise man once said, "Do you know how we get rid of racism and racial profiling? You no longer consider myself black, you white or the other man brown nor red."

My opinion on this topic is that we should not have to discriminate anybody under any circumstance to "rightfully" protect our country, not just the United States but us in Canada and hell even around the world also. Back when I was more immature I would always think of brown people being terrorists, sure I would joke about it and what not. But after I began to realize how ridiculed and disrespected they must feel just because something like 9/11 happened and how it pretty much destroyed all face for Muslims around the world. I not only have sympathy for them but sympathy for every immigrant who comes here and is a victim of some type of racial profiling/crime.

To be honest the only way to still protect countries without racial profiling and what not is to treat everybody the same and go around the same procedures weather it involves airports, transportation or getting past the border. Everybody who is anybody or somebody should most definitely be checked.

This is my point of view of a ethically mixed person. :shrug:

Sorry about the title, couldn't really think of one.

Ok, we've all seen the occasional tv show where a black character walks in a convenient store and the Asian clerk follows their every move until they leave the store. Or we've all experienced some kind of "all middle eastern people are terrorist". Question is, is it right to discriminate to protect something. Such as our country or home. I mean, if we really profile people at air ports or such places, shouldn't we just say all black will rape and kill someone? Can we really stereotype a certain race but not the other? Why is that? Why must we look at a muslim differently than we do any other person.

I know we're all guilty of doing such. Most won't admit stereotyping someone but we all have. Whether its a black, white, yellow, or brown individual. I mean a lot of the terrorist happen to be muslim. But what about the white terrorist? Such as Timothy McVeigh who was responsible for the Oklahoma City Bombing back in the 90's. Thing is, most muslims are really cool people. What if they wanted to become a pilot? They take flight classes and they're instantly having their rights revoked and being interrogated by the FBI or the Homeland Security. I mean I guess its better than having a 30,000 people die in a tragic terrorist attack. But is it right?

Here's a picture for your troubles. The picture kinda explains my views on the subject...
coxnforkum-vi.jpg

Discuss this shit.

You have a tremendous point, though I'd like to point out that there's a difference between Race and Religion. I know a couple white Muslims. And the thing is, I don't really stereotype people based on there skin alone. It's how they walk, how they dress, and how they appear to be acting. I'm much more inclined to think of a stereotypical slur when I see a black guy walking down the street with saggy pants and a hoodie, than I would if he was wearing a suit. If a white guy looked like that, I would probably think he was a "wigga". But that's just my response to the statement, "We've all done it."

Questions:
A: Ofcourse not. Airport security is bullshit anyway. They just find new ways to get there stuff on board. Just make the cabin door stong enough that no one can break in.

How do we go about protecting our country or home without stereotyping an individual?

A:You don't. If a guy looks like a criminal, that's stereotyping isn't it? Do I do it by the color of his skin. No, but if he's dressed a certain way, acting a certain way, and just all around being suspicious....

It's not about actual race, it's about the appearance over all. I wouldn't wear a ski mask into a bank. :p

Do you look at someone else as if they are a terrorist or thief or criminal just because of their apperance?

A: Not really. Mainly because I've yet to run into a guy that I thought looked like a terrorist. I have ran into "gangstas" before. And yes, I looked down at them, because all the signs were there. At the very least, I thought they were assholes. But that was because I actually talked to them.

Oh, btw, I laughed at the comic. I couldn't help it.

I wasn't going to post in this thread for a number of different reasons, but a few things are bothering me, about this post in particular. I'll respond to the OP after I respond to Xemnas:

Questions:
A: Ofcourse not. Airport security is bullshit anyway. They just find new ways to get there stuff on board. Just make the cabin door stong enough that no one can break in.

Break in from where? Security in authorized areas are 10 times stronger than security inside the actual airport, nobody is going to break into a plane while it's on the ground, and certainly not while it's in the air.

Unless you're talking about the door that leads into the cockpit, in which case that's not really the problem so much anymore since 9/11 as bombs are. People are more worried about a bomb going off and damaging the plane, forcing it to crash somewhere. In fact, a guy with a pocket knife taking over the cockpit would be rather good news, as that guy can be overpowered.

(FYI: I figured you were talking about the door to the cockpit, but I'm just covering my bases, just in case you were talking about the door that leads outside of the plane)

On to the OP:

Questions:

Honestly, I don't think there's any way around it. Yeah, sure, the TSA agent can say, "Yeah, this guy was picked out at random for a pat-down," or something, but you know that in his head, he picked the guy who looked most likely to be a terrorist. It's stupid, but that's human nature. Especially when you have a group of people who are scared of another certain group of people who want everybody dead.

On the flip-side, we can't sacrifice security for political correctness. I'm not saying we should be sacrificing our freedoms, like the full-body scanners do, but I think if there's an ethnic looking dude sitting in the line for airport security, and he's sweating and acting suspicious, I think he should be pulled out of line and checked.

In fact, I would say the same thing about anybody sitting in line looking suspicious.

We just need to find a middle ground between safety and freedom.

Simply put: No. Just because some Brown people have turned out to be terrorists does not mean that they all are terrorist. We, as people of the Earth have no right whatsoever to discriminate anyone as they have every bit of right to live without fear of getting isolated or questioned by a group of individuals as do we.

However, that description I gave above is nothing more than an ideal resolution. Reality, however, is much more dark. Although we may speak against it, the fact of the matter is, we all live with some type of fear that makes us not want to get attacked by a terrorist. Therefore, common logic would apply us to discriminate against those that would generally bomb us. Thus, exists the airports situations as well as the other discriminating factors when it comes to applying for a job and what-not.

People are fearful creatures. They don't want to die; they want to live. And they will do anything to live. And when it comes to a major tragedy such as a terrorist attack, no matter how wrong it may seem, discrimination will be applied as to prevent such a feet.

We don't. Or rather, we can't. Stereotyping will exist no matter what. Sure, you can have people try to stop it, or make laws against it (etc), but really, it won't work. Stereotyping is one of the most common things people do; it just comes natural to them. Whether it be for a joke or for actual insult--it's always occuring. Of course, it's no where near right; but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

Yea. I won't deny it. If a black guy with baggy clothes and a beanie with a gold chain around his neck walked by me, I'd think he was a criminal, or in the very least, a gang-banger. But on the other hand, if the guy was muslim but dressed like your average joe, I wouldn't call him a terrorist.

I think everyone judges people by the way they look; it's in our human nature to do so. If a cholo dressing kid walked by you, would you not think that he was a cholo? If a Mexican wearing cowboy boots and a sombrero walked by you, would you not think he was a chuntaro? Of course you would; common logic would only apply to do so. But the problem with that, however, is that such assumptions usually always leads to stereotyping and discrimination---which is the real no-no.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's not right; it's not moral; it's reality.

I wasn't going to post in this thread for a number of different reasons, but a few things are bothering me, about this post in particular. I'll respond to the OP after I respond to Xemnas:

Break in from where? Security in authorized areas are 10 times stronger than security inside the actual airport, nobody is going to break into a plane while it's on the ground, and certainly not while it's in the air.

Unless you're talking about the door that leads into the cockpit, in which case that's not really the problem so much anymore since 9/11 as bombs are. People are more worried about a bomb going off and damaging the plane, forcing it to crash somewhere. In fact, a guy with a pocket knife taking over the cockpit would be rather good news, as that guy can be overpowered.

(FYI: I figured you were talking about the door to the cockpit, but I'm just covering my bases, just in case you were talking about the door that leads outside of the plane)

XD I was. I just felt silly saying COCKpit. :lmao:
My point I suppose, was that they've upgraded security everytime a guy finds a new way to get a bomb on board, or some other weapon. It's my understanding that the top priority is to keep the plane from being hijacked. Other than hijacking it, what makes a plane any different from other places with large numbers of people? Other than the hijacking, nothing. I don't have to go through a full body scanner to get into a concert arena. That's what I meant about making the door pretty much inpenatrable. I apologize for being vauge in my statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back