• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alexander Rusev

Right now, I see they're having him go through midcarders like Ryback did when he first debuted.

I'm hoping it ends quick but it gets old after a while. Personally, I'd want to see him go after nothing but big guys - Khali, Big Show, Henry. He could look impressive like Cesaro.

I can see he moves good for a big guy. Maybe a match against RVD would be good. Hopefully in two years, he had a nice long reigns and meaningful feuds as US/IC champion, maybe take that next step to the main event in late 2016, early 2017.

I don't see him working out too well.

He's a great athlete and has a unique look, but the whole 'foreign heel who can't speak English' wrestler has past it's expiration date in terms of getting over with fans.

Also, the Camel Clutch as a finisher? Nah.

I sure do hope Lana gets naked sometime in the future though. That wouldn't be so bad.

He looks a good 40 years too late for his wrestling career. If this was the 70's, I could see him challenging Sammartino. But it ain't.

He'll also never get over properly. Why? Because American audiences are largely xenophobic.

I'm sure Rusev wants a long career on top but I don't think WWE necessarily need to go with the idea that he needs to matter in 3 years time. Yokozuna had his first PPV outing at Survivor Series 1992 and had his last PPV match of any importance at Survivor Series 1994, and then went into tag team wrestling.

I'm not saying Rusev will do as well as Yoko did but just as a blueprint for this type of heel, a shorter burning bright run like he had would be nothing to sniff at. Not everyone can have the kind of longevity that sees you still in big feuds ten years into your career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back