• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex Riley - Where Are You?

Of course Riley would have been over in that video because one he was freshly turned face at the time and 2. he was in the ring with one of WWE's best heels aka Michael Cole!

Ok so just because he was over at first doesn't make me buy Riley as a face because if your going to be a face you need to be over all the time or at least most of the time.

Also alot of people say this guy should be in the Main Event scene...well theres a big long list and line up of other guys that should be "Main Event" material.

I can't remember who it was but he was saying too many wrestlers of this generation are just far to generic and have no actual gimmick of some sort.

I agree with Hamler; Riley was almost a Main Event superstar, He was getting some of the largest pops some nights. And whoever said Riley hugging Miz would turn Miz face?, no. It wouldn't. That would surely be a Alex Riley heel turn. Some people are just naturally born heel's; Miz is one of them characters. I believe it is stupid to turn The Miz face Just for Riley's benefit. He doesn't need The Miz to be big. Look at Zack Ryder; he went from on superstars to in Main Events of Raw and Smackdown, and now he's actually bringing something to the United States title. This could give the United States championship prestige and Alex Riley could feud with Zack Ryder over the championship; if Riley where to turn heel.

Zack Ryder got his push partially with John Cena's benefit, that's where I came up with the idea of a Miz/Riley reunion. Their relationship would be similar to Cena and Ryder's with Miz as Riley's cheerleader. Miz turns face not only for Riley's benefit but in order to take Cena's place in the event that Cena turns heel. In fact, the heel Cena's first post WM program would be against a face Miz with Riley taking a few beatdowns and jobs from Cena to light a fire under Miz.

Zack Ryder got his push partially with John Cena's benefit, that's where I came up with the idea of a Miz/Riley reunion. Their relationship would be similar to Cena and Ryder's with Miz as Riley's cheerleader. Miz turns face not only for Riley's benefit but in order to take Cena's place in the event that Cena turns heel. In fact, the heel Cena's first post WM program would be against a face Miz with Riley taking a few beatdowns and jobs from Cena to light a fire under Miz.

I don't want to discuss your proposed angle, fantasy booking isn't my deal. It's the first part of what you said that I think is crucial. Zack Ryder has been given endorsements from virtually every wrestler at this point. He gets promos videos, constant affirmation on television, and multiples types of merchandise offered. The fact is WWE wants this guy to be over and they clearly made it a cause. It's just another example of them dictating who is going to be where in the pecking order.

Riley was given a chance in his program with Miz. Fact is, he was a success. He displayed skills and charisma, garnered great reactions from the crowd, and was obviously ready to be cemented as a viable fixture. But did Riley get all of the opportunities and promotion that Ryder got? Of course not. WWE decided it wasn't his time and cast him aside. Yes, he made mistakes in his personal life that hindered his advancement. Still, Riley did everything you could want if you are in the WWE hierarchy. If Riley had been given even half of what Ryder has been given, I'd argue he would be a bigger deal then Ryder right now. To be honest, you could make that case for a lot of different guys on the roster. It's such a shame that WWE saw potential, used it in a way that garnered success, only to put it on the shelf to be forgotten.

Alex Riley hasn't disappeared he's been appearing reguarly on Superstars.

[YOUTUBE]I7CyJMDo1wI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oxALCtzi3n8[/YOUTUBE]

i hope this guy isnt perminently going to be on superstars and a jobber because he has great charisma good in the ring and on the mic look at the pops this guy get

I remember reading somewhere online (sorry don't remember where) that the rumor was Riley was in the doghouse for some unstated reason. Anyone else remember seeing anything about that?

As far as how good a pro wrestler he is.... he always looked stiff and unconvincing in the ring to me when he was getting his spotlight after turning on Miz. He was good on the mic when dealing with Miz too, but awkward when he was dealing with someone else. Remember him telling Vickie G that her breath smelled like the Grim Reaper took a dump in her mouth? That was just odd I thought. The more I think about it, the more I think his nice pops with the live crowds on RAW/Smackdown were due to the fact he had a good heel (Miz) to play off of, but I fully admit I don't watch Superstars so maybe he has improved his skills since then.

The WWE has been dropping the ball for a long time now with start-stop and stalled out pushes. They are like a kid with ADHD, constantly changing their plans as a knee-jerk reaction to things like ratings, backstage incidents, etc. Alex Riley has the total package, and if they were smart they'd give him a CONSISTENT push. Too bad they're not smart these days, which is why the ratings and pay-per-view buys continue to go down.

I dunno where he's gone I asked him on Twitter but he didn't tell me. I think he has a good future in the WWE and hope that they push him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back