• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AJ Styles Stirs The Pot; Asks Fans Where He Should Go Next

Aj Styles is on the same ladder step as Darren Young is. You don't say anything unless you have job security. I can see Aj Styles receiving a very long and nice contract from TNA in the near future.

I'd love for him to go to WWE. Who in TNA hasn't he worked with? Who could he possibly put on a good program with that we haven't seen 8943785 times already? This isn't a WWE vs. TNA thing to me, this is a I like AJ Styles and I want to see him work with someone, any-fucking-body that he has't worked with before. Bryan, Punk, Cena, Orton, fuck even Ziggler (I realize he's probably worked with Bryan/Punk before but come on, it's been at least a decade.)

Staying in TNA would be boring. Please don't be boring, AJ.

You have a good point Chauncy. As you can see from my post I was on a different wave. Of course the only ones that know whats going on is A.J. and TNA itself. He may already have a new deal and we just don't know about it. TNA is in his blood. I hope he stays because he is who got me watching TNA and if he went to WWE he may not be used to his potential even tho I wouldn't mind seeing him there but I'm just afraid he'll get pushed to the side if he goes there and he is too great of a talent for that to happen. When the dust settles I believe A.J. will still be the flag bearer of TNA but I also believed in the late 90's that WCW would still be here, so who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

Like I had posted in a thread last year. A.J. Styles needs to swallow his pride and go to the WWE. How can this man grow as a wrestler if he's never gone to the big stage? He's no Sting! So stop comparing him to the icon! A.J. Styles could really shine in the WWE if the WWE did right by him. Starting with giving him a new name that sticks in your head. And have him start out in the mid-card division. He would have to really hustle hard in the WWE to be looked upon as a bonafied main eventer. But only time will tell.

So stop catt'in off A.J. Styles!

As someone mentioned previously, if AJ wants more money I can see this being a move to scare the crap out of TNA. If AJ creates a discussion on the topic of where he'll end up, then this will reach the WWE. It might at least raise a question whether they'd want him in, he might get a call or two, TNA will find out about it and then it's a bidding war.

It's also likely AJ's made his mind up that he wants to be with TNA, he only wants to scare they so they give him more money. That's my take on it. The guy's been with them for too long, too loyally to up and quit.

However, I also think he could be seriously entertaining the thought of going away to WWE or just take a leave of absence from wrestling for a year or so. If he does then all power to him. AJ is talented enough to make it anywhere. If he goes to WWE, however, I PRAY they don't make an example out of him and treat him like garbage just to show how TNA's ultimate guy can't do jack shit in the WWE.

George Steele's Barber said:
I agree with FF4L. This feels like a work. I can't see him leaving TNA to bore 4 times as many people of the mic in WWE. ROH can't afford to pay for him to keep his new emo hairdo in order. This type of off camera story seems to really fit his on camera story along with other off camera stories that we have been fed lately (financial problems, contracts expiring). In the end I think he will shock the world by changing nothing. Claire Lynch could have done better.

I agree as well. it is a work and as we have seen in the past couple of years with tna they like to influence fans through the internet. The lastest examples that spring to mind being dixie tweeting about tito oritz and A&8s taking over the website.

I very much doubt aj will leave. to those who say he has nothing to stay for. I bet you he owns a small percentage of tna. to make more likenesses to sting - aj is the face of the company and he won't betray it. if you look vack when ating did his crow angle people wondered after he'd been gone so long, was he going to move companies.

So to sumerise its a work!

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

AJ is a great wrestler but, to me, at no point has he shown any signs he has main event level charisma...Daniel Bryan was able to use that charisma and connection with fans to break into the main event scene, I just don't think AJ has it in him.

As has been said he's 36 and worked all over the world. Would he want to go from being a comfortable TNA guy to a "this guy doesn't know how to work" NXT developmental talent (it'd happen) and being stuck down there for a year or two. Then coming up to the main roster as someone like "Chuck McGraw" or the likes? I sure hope not.

The smart money is on NJPW because he'd do great in the best wrestling company in the world. Otherwise he does what most of us do, keep the job he's comfortable in and pays for his families lifestyle and stays with TNA. Either is good for me.

I personally think this is either part of an angle that TNA will bring up on the next iMPACT- something along the lines of AJ Styles no longer being Mr TNA (I think another poster mentioned this earlier, I forget who) or Styles is doing this to encourage TNA to look into his contract, and create a bit of a buzz to force TNA's hand.

AJ is a very loyal guy, we all know that. At any time in the past decade he could have jumped to WWE, and they WOULD sign him...they'd be crazy not to. But. he has always chosen to remain loyal to TNA, which is rare in wrestling. Styles has the ability to be a major star in WWE, the matches he could have with the likes of Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Jericho etc would be fantastic and he would make alot more money there, but he has always seemed happy where he was.

Maybe he is thinking that at 36, the time is now to make the jump? If he waits much longer WWE are unlikely to want to invest alot of time and money in a guy who's selling point is his high-flying offense, which is obviously going to reduce as AJ gets older. If I was AJ I would seriously be giving consideration to jumping to WWE, and making the money now while I still can. TNA is still a minor company compared to WWE, and would be more than happy to take Styles back after a WWE run, as the "returning golden boy" no matter his age- we've all seen the veterans they are happy to bring in.

It would be a disgrace is WWE made him go to developmental though. We have all seen the great matches AJ has had with WWE trained wrestlers like Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Christian etc, I fail to see the need for his to go to NXT. It's not like he is a guy who has spent all his career on the indies beating himself up, he knows how to wrestle WWE guys already.

There is also the issue of his name- he has AJ in big letters tattooed on his side, and unfortunately WWE already have AJ Lee on the roster, who is usually just referred to as AJ...I would hope that Styles is too big of a name for WWE to mess around with his ring name, but as they changed Mistico to Sin Cara (who was a huge name in Mexico), I'd expect they'd give Styles a shocking NXT style name like "Alexander Jones" or "Arthur James", or a name totally unrelated to the letters AJ and make him cover his torso.

Ultimately, if this is real and AJ Styles is seriously considering his options, then he needs to realise if he is ever going to go to WWE for a run (he isn't a big enough name to go in for a 1 off match later in his career like Sting or a returning Batista or Goldberg), he has to make the jump very soon while there is still going to be interest. It just depends on whether he wants the extra money and to wrestle infront of bigger crowds, or whether he is happy enough with his good TNA deal and is content to remain there.

Big choice to make AJ!

For the most part, I think he's just stirring the pot here, and is doing this for publicity. Not in an attention seeking way, but just to fool most fans before winning the Bound For Glory Series. AJ Styles is a major name in TNA, draws and sells. With the new PPV format, I think the best decision would be to award AJ Styles the TNA World Heavyweight championship. They need the money and it puts Styles back in the Title picture, where he hasn't been for three years, even though he is considered the poster boy of the company.

Now let's assume he is being serious here, I think he would go to Japan, or squeeze into the WWE. Like Dragon Saga had mentioned, the Japan Wrestling Scene is expanding. They've got more 5 star matches over their than WWE, WCW and TNA have put together. With his exploits, I can see him in a Japanese promotion. In Japan, it's more about the wrestling than character. Watch Hogan's match with Great Muta. That was when Hogan actually focused on his Wrestling, and proved he isn't just a showman. Japan's Wrestling style is puroresu, where they focus on more legit moves, Martial Arts and submission hold-all qualities AJ Styles perseveres.

As far as the WWE goes, Triple H has already stated that TNA has nobody that the WWE needs, Styles would have ventured their by now if he really wanted, and he's had a lot of negative things to say about them too. Trips could be lying here though, and Styles has accomplished everything in TNA. At the WWE, he could feud with former rival CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and even create a dream match by facing John Cena. Styles is also one of the most talented Wrestlers of all time, yet AJ Lee is more of a recognisable name to a lot of casual fans. Why? Because Styles is in TNA. With a limited fan base, I don't see Styles being heavily remembered in TNA which would be a real shame given his amazing in-ring ability, but a switch to WWE can change that for sure.

AJ is not going anywhere. The reason they are talking so openly and loudly about the contract is because it's part of an angle. AJ will win the BFG series but his contract will "expire" before the PPV and he will miss his title shot. With no challenger for Bully Ray, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN will step in and win the title. That's how he will get around the BFG series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back