• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AJ Styles: Destined to be TNA's new Jobber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Really I have been watching TNA for a long time now and from what I have seen recently Styles is on the verge of being nothing more than a jobber for the all WWE rejects coming in. He is though one of the few original TNA wrestlers that have so far been able to stay in the main event picture though he is there most times for spots and to job. Though his current role as Christian's lacky does help him as he will be in the main event picture thanks to Cage. But will all the bigger guys coming in is AJ destined to fall off the TNA pictire and just be a jobber? I think so he has done it all except when the new TNA title, but that at this moment in time looks like never going to happen.

Thoughts?

I don't think that that's the case at all. Through him being Christian Cage's "lackey" he's really gotten to show his personality and let his character shine.

I think after he's done with Cage he'll be much better off than before.

I understand where your coming from, but a heel is supposed to put over the face most of the time...so all tna is doing is making the new tna talent go over...

I will admit that I miss the AJ Styles of old. However, I agree that being Cage's flunky has helped to put over his heel persona. I believe that once TNA gets the two hours they want for Impact, then we may see a new mid-carder title which would help for some of the mid-card talent. Course, there's always the possibility of AJ with the X-Title again, should that be kept.

All the TNA originals are expected to job to the WWE rejects. Styles could be the Christian Coalition's representative in the X Division, if TNA hadn't buried that individual aspect of themselves as well. Let's be honest, TNA will never be as good as it was in 2005 and in bits of 2006. All the fat WWE rejects that no one cares about are suffocating guys like Chris Harris, Robert Roode and the entire X Division. It's a joke, it really is.

Yeah I dunno, being pushed as someone's lackey like Styles is can be hard for somebody to recover from. If anybody can do it he probably can but it'll be tough. Tomko's in the good position, the muscle guy that's not really relying on the leader of the group and could kick his ass if he wanted to, basically he's the Batista of Christian's Coalition. They have a chance to make him insanely over as a face if they turn him and do it right. Whether they can pull it off or not remains to be seen.

I like the angle Styles is in now, I think it's hilarious and matches his "nice goofy good guy persona" you get from looking at him. He's a "heel" but he doesn't "act" like one.

I wouldn't be worried about him losing, the most recent loss of him in the DCOB was because Christian left him to get destroyed.

Alex~Vab

I've hated it ever since they put Styles as Christian's lackey they make him out to be some dumb inbred Georgia hick (i should know how one acts i'm 30 miles away from Georgia), hell they even have AJ getting jealous when Christian had Roode help them & he's always trying to impress Christian it's just plain pathetic. AJ was one of the reasons i started watching TNA but this might be one of the reasons i quite the shows get worse every week. AJ could outperform Christian any day of the week i'm just waiting for him to turn on Christian.

I thought the same thing was gonna happen with Daniels when they had him always trying to impress Sting i thought he was gonna become some kind of Sting lackey, but no he's stuck in tag-team action instead.

The Styles, Daniels, & Joe fueds is what first drew me to TNA now they're all jobbing, it's a shame.

I know that a lot people feel that AJ being Cage's lacky shows that hes a goofy heel. but come on it hurts his character. Even if TNA does get a 2nd hour AJ will be jobber for the new guys as it be a way for them to make a impact in TNA be defeating Mr. TNA Aj Styles. I see nothing but the X-division soon for AJ and only way he can get out of being the jobber for the new guys is if TNA gets two shows and gets a mid card title. If not AJ will job out to all the WWE guys as for them to make an impact in TNA.

I don't think AJ Styles is destined to be Tna Jobber. I like this role as Cage`s lackey because I really think it getting him over with the fans. I think it building up to a AJ Styles vs Christian Cage fued.

I don't think AJ Styles is destined to be Tna Jobber. I like this role as Cage`s lackey because I really think it getting him over with the fans. I think it building up to a AJ Styles vs Christian Cage fued.

That, hopefully, is what this will build to. AJ was getting boring and when he turned heel, it was for the best, but the whole Cage's lackey is a little nuts considering AJ was the heart of TNA. Its along the lines of HHH being the IC champ with Austin as world champ. Its just too much of a step back for AJ. I hope this leads to something.

I have agreements & disagreements with this.. so here they are.

Agreements: I agree that T.N.A. is utterly trashing A.J. Styles, as he was a corner-stone to their company.. & now, he's losing left & right. When he isn't losing, he's only used to look like a moron to Christian. I almost think they're building A.J.'s character up to look as if he's in love with Christian with as much as he sticks to Cage's every move. So yes, I do think they're destroying a once great wrestler & making him worth next to nothing compaired to all the rejects coming from W.W.E.

Now, for the other side.

Disagreements: I have to disagree in saying that I don't think T.N.A. would completely destroy what was once their "bread winner." Styles carried the company through a hell of a lot, & he is still capable of doing that now. Styles has, well.. a "style" to him, that is unlike any other. He can wrestle with bigger stars, or cruiserweight/X-Division style stars, all while making the matches worth every second.

A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels have put on some of the very best in Ironman matches, as well as Tag Team matches. Who's to say A.J. Styles v. Christian Cage, or Kurt Angle wouldn't be just as huge? I'd LOVE to see Styles v. either of those two, as it would be a great match & worth buying the p.p.v. alone just to see it.. OF COURSE, this is only if they rebuild Styles into the dominate character he once was.. not the spineless, Christian clutching, lackie he is now.

TNA makes AJ look like a ******; at Hard Justice Tomko had to explain how a band aid/plaster worked, they have changed his character to the idiot sidekick. I can see TNA making AJ realise that Christian was just using him and leave the coalition or Tomko kick him out for being an Idiot. He leave and go to ROH and make TNA beg for him back but i dont see him going to WWE, he could do good as a US Champ because even WWE can see he has talent and that allowing him to use his ability can bring respectability to the show he could be a great ECW competitor and make a good ECW champ and they could capitalise that he was a former NWA World Champion so he isnt to be counted out/has made a name for himself as to bring him in not at top level but high mid card. Currently i see if A-Train joins TNA they will have him join Christians Coalition and then AJ will be the dude who goes for X division Belt, Christian for TNA World, Tomko and A-Train for tag team titles. A-Train will be the dude to help Coalition get the one up on Abyss sting "punisher" team.

Aj styles should defenitely not be playing the idiot sidekck role. Hes one of the best wrestlers in the world today and should be ahead of any WWE rejects because hes worked much too hard and much too log for TNA tom just shit on him like this. he should have an idiot sidekick not be one

Ever since acquiring 3-D, Rhino, Christian Cage and Kurt Angle, it's seeming like TNA has lost their focus. THey should focus on trying to build stars, not just acquire them. They're not going to get anywhere that way. AJ is an amazing wrestler and it's the thing that bothers me most with this angle is that we don't see much of that anymore. We just see him looking like an idiot. At least the old AJ Styles was not only not like this but also put on awesome matches everytime.

Alright, first post here. I don't think AJ is going to be a jubber, the last couple of months in cage coallition have been tough, but tna have something in mind for AJ. Next week on impact there's a four way to determine who is gonna be Kurt Angle partner. I expect AJ to win and have a tag team with both triple crown champions. I just hope they won't go with Samoa Joe to be kurt tag team partner, i'm getting sick of this, use them on a different storyline this one is getting old

personally , I think the only reason A.J.Styles is beeing treated like a moron too Christian is because hes been pushing the company for so long he needed a break. give it a little while and I firmly believe Styles turns on Angle and gets HIS title back.

AJ Styles made me watch TNA no doubt about that and yet they are treating him like WCW treated their talents ie Jericho left as he was clearly a great wrestler but the likes of Hogan and Nash wouldnt allow him to be pushed.
I do believe its all building to a Styles vs Christian Cage feud which will be definatly worth it just hope its sooner rather than later.

That would be good, but the only problem is that I think they are trying to build towards an eventual Tomko/Christian feud. AJ is just being used to elevate it. AJ agrees with everything Christian says, and his stupidity leads to Tomko questioning Cage. It's already started to happen, and I think that is the direction they are going in.

Aj styles should defenitely not be playing the idiot sidekck role. Hes one of the best wrestlers in the world today and should be ahead of any WWE rejects because hes worked much too hard and much too log for TNA tom just shit on him like this. he should have an idiot sidekick not be one

i couldnt agree more. Aj is getting pushed away for the wwe rejects. Dono't get me wrong Christian is no reject he did whats best for him. but getting back on topic, Aj shouldnt be playing the lackey role because it is making him look stupid. he is one of the best wrestlers in the world today and what TNA is doing to him what they are is basically a kick in the genitals, he is a triple crown winner in TNA 3 times. he is also mr tna 3 times. he has worked way to hard to get pushed away by the likes of tomko and so on. people in TNA should be bowing down to him because without Aj styles TNA wouldnt be the same as it is today. he should be the one with the side kick and making them look like scum. i will bet anything that his back and shoulders are hurting because he has been carrying tna on his back for way to long, and they are now wasting talent because almost everyone of his matches are enjoyable, i just hope he turns and christian and captures what is rightfully his. so no i dont think he will be tna new jobber i think they are just waiting for a turn so it could lead to a great feud.

well personally i feel that eventually cage is going to throw aj into the fire blatantly to his face(into joe maybe cause right now it looks like joe is going to feud with the coalition) and then after a few weeks of teasing the face turn they will turn him and have him feud with tomko and christian then after that i could see him feud with kurt angle cause aj is the guy he should of feuded with when he first came in and aj as face and angle as heel will be gold for tna more so then the dragged out joe/angle feud

once he is freed from the storyline he will return to his non jobber ways it begins when him and angle beat team pacman i think once he gets the tag team gold again we will see a face turn and he will leave the coalition

It can only be AJ or Joe who wins and get to be Angles partner, for example Sting would conflict with Abyss storyline and Christian would never win.

Joe could win and bugger everything for Angle by losing deliberately or AJ wins and gets booted out of Coalition. I was hoping that AJ would turn face due to fact he realised Christian was just using him but seems unlikely now.

He lastly could just job and help Christian win or something seems unlikely but its TNA so you never know.

I understand where your coming from, but a heel is supposed to put over the face most of the time...so all tna is doing is making the new tna talent go over...

I'm not sure that you understand the backlash of this....TNA "homegrown" talent" has been putting over new talent....but that new talent consists of many WWE "rejects". TNA is starting to show a disturbing patern of throwing money at these people to bring them in to compete with the WWE and its a bad formula. By letting guys like Tomko and Scott Stiener and Angle get wins over Joe and A.J. Styles they are taking away from those charecters...at least IMO. about a year ago you would look at TNA's roster and you saw lots of "homegrown" talent that was leading the company...now the main eventers are former WWE guys that TNA thinks is going to make them competitive.....they get these guys over by beating the talent that was freash and new a year or so ago...it makes no sense...its like a step backwards....

TNA will never let AJ become a jobber regardless of how many ex-WWE employees they bring in. The problem is that TNA is not letting AJ put the entire package together. Before his run with the Christian Coalition, he was obviously a terrific wrestler, but he had no character. Now, he cuts funny promos, has depth of character but is not getting pushed in his matches. I am being patient with this situation. Hopefully TNA is building towards an AJ/Christian fued that will be magnificant if given the proper build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back