AJ Styles and Matt Morgan sign new deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
TNA has signed AJ Styles and Matt Morgan to new 5 year deals so two of TNAs biggest young talents are now contracted until 2014. Anyone see TNA still being around in 2014 and thoughts on this?

TNA will be around for a long time no doubt and the great thing about the deals will be that neither will end up in the WWE which although Id love to see AJ or Morgan headlining Raws and Smackdowns they wouldnt be aloud too, if they were signed they would end up jobbing away their careers....

tna will deffinately be around for a long time and aj styles and matt morgan mad very good career moves here and both are going to be top stars in tna for a long time

if they are going to around in 2014 then this is the way to go, they need to have these older guys like booker angel foley nash etc give morgan and styles the rub can you imagine them both with victories over the likes over stiner and company who are in the twighlight of there carears and are only good for giving the rub to these 2 i love styles and morgan they are tna's future (if they have one) as well as there knockouts if they can build these 2 and theknockouts ad the x division and they could get some credability as a legit competitor for wwe in 2014 maybe if booked right, they also need one more big name like angel but they need to be a younger guy no more geezers please! but too snag jeff hardy or a swagger would catapault them into legitimacy if not then when the main event mafia retires there done also i like that they got lashley but dont put the strap on him please, he will blow it!

Great move by TNA to sign these two to 5 year deals. With how AJ and Matt are being pushed this year, I'm not surprised that TNA is locking them up for the future. But I'm wondering, how long is it going to be before we see Matt Morgan as TNA world heavyweight champion?

Of course TNA will still be around in 5 years, and hopefully this means that both men will continue to reign among the top stars in the company. AJ Styles is the "Hulk Hogan" of TNA, meaning there is no TNA without him, and there probably isn't a number of other guys that are there now. He'll definitely hold the belt a few more times before he retires.

Matt Morgan is one of my favorites right now in all of wrestling, and it'd be nice to see him grab a title soon, and then have a long run with AJ at the top of the card. They have a good contrast in size, and both are great athletes, so it'd be nice to see how they're used down the line.

This is obviously great news for TNA here. I'm still not completely sold on Matt Morgan, but he's got the look, and the crowd seems to really dig him, so I can't fault them there. Ensuring AJ Styles as a part of their future though was a great, great move. First off it ensures that Styles won't sign with the WWE, which would be a huge blow for TNA. Secondly it secures the foundation from which to build their promotion; there's a reason that AJ is being booked with Sting right now, and that's because TNA wants to make AJ Styles their own Sting, if you know what I mean. Just as Sting was the center and loyal point to TNA, AJ is being built as the backbone and center of TNA, and I for one couldn't be happier. There isn't a more deserving wrestler in the world to build around as far as I'm concerned.

Great move by TNA.

Like someone said, this is indeed a great move by TNA. However, I am reading reports that are saying that only Morgan had signed a new deal and he confirmed it but it appears that AJ Styles didn’t sign a new deal because he is in his second year of his previous deal with TNA.

Anyways, whether they signed AJ to a longer deal or not, it’s nice to see that they are securing their wrestlers for a long-term amount of time. They are obviously starting to build the company around the younger guys and they are making sure that they are going to have them in a couple of years and that is a good thing.

Now, I do like Morgan but I do think he needs some more improvement so hopefully the next 5 years will mean 5 more years of improvement for him. So like it’s been said, this is a great move by TNA and I am looking forward to seeing what they are going to be doing with them in the next 5 years.

Great news - And I think TNA needs to do this with alot of its talent pool - Not that the WWE would bother raiding them but I think Job Security would make many of the workers happy in such a young company.

Happy workers makes for a better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back