Ahmed Johnson, Where did he go?

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
I was a big fan of Ahmed Johnson back in the day. I remeber he randomly vanished just before Mania 14. I saw vince on OTR, and he said we would never see Ahmed again when asked about him. He said he had a hard time seperating Anthony Norris (his real name) from Ahmed Johnson, but he gave no further explination other than that vauge comment.

In his shoot Ahmed said he had a sick relative, but left on good terms. He had a miserable run for 2 months in WCW with Stevie Ray against Booker T. Then he played Marion "Suge" Knight in a made for tv MC Hammer movie on VH1.

Out of all the people "blackballed" from WWF/E he is never seen. When Macho was still alive, they never seemed to avoid showing old Savage matches. They didn't seem to go out of there way to avoid Bruno higlights. I cannot recall AJ being in any old clips on Raw 1000 or Raw 10, 15, or 20 year specials. There was a rumor back in the day about under aged girls, but that later proved to be a different guy named Anthony Norris from Texas.

I know he was a little dangerous in the ring, but watch Raws from late 96 and through 1997, he was super over with the crowd. I was convinced he'd be the frist black WWF champion. So does anyone know what he did to tick off VKM?

Can't say that I've seen him. Last I saw of him was right before he went to WCW as Big T I believe. I was a fan of his, though looking back his promos were kinda shitty. But he had a cool intensity to him. I was disappointed he didn't get that title match against Shawn Michaels.

He was just so different from everyone else at the time, I think he was 4 years too soon. He'd have been a top guy in the hey-day of the Attitude Era. A heel Ahmed vs. a Face Austin... I think those would have been good

WWE don't show footage of Ahmed Johnson because he wasn't part of any significant moments in WWE.

They pushed him hard and fast for a while, but I believe it was injuries and then colossal weight gain that cuts his career short. In hindsights that's a good thing, Johnson looked utterly ridiculous. Utterly camp.

I guess you are right about not being in any huge stories. I just cannot remember anyone not ever come back... Other than guys who passed away young, everyone who worked for Vince and "Theres no way he comes back" at least makes 1 time shots or interviews for DVD. Even the special on black wrestlers on "the legends roundtable" his name wasn't mentioned.

I dont know, I have never heard him declared persona non grata. i heard he was injury prone and the WWF got annoyed by that. Maybe he was on the cusp of being big or rising through the ranks and WWE feels theres no point in acknowledging today what you would only know if you watched back him closely back in the '90s?

He arrived in WCW out of shape and did not remain until its demise.

Watch Vince on the show "off the record" from 1998, Usually Vince will say something like "Never say never in the WWE" but he seemed very matter of facet. host asks if Ahmed was done, vince replied "yes he is"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwJR48yR6I[/YOUTUBE]

the 2:22 mark

Where did Ahmed Johnson go? Well, he walked his happy ass right on into Popeye's Chicken and proceeded to become the beast that ate Ahmed Johnson...... He may very well still be there too.

Its the Attitude Era, a big buffed up guy...I am guessing drugs.

I think we've all heard the infamous Ahmed/Sunny/cocaine story and well, in the WWE as far was I know there is one rule, you don't threaten Vince physically. Roddy Piper said thats why Savage never returned. Coz he did hit Vince at a bar. Thats why Nailz was finished. The only exception has been Bret, because of the circumstances and basically, Vince let Bret hit him. Many superstars have attested to this. Wouldn't be surprised if Ahmed might've done something similar in a fit of drug induced rage.

He had a good look, the whole kidney angle with Farooq is all I remember. But perhaps the most memorable facet of his persona was, the name of his finisher: The Pearl River Plunge. I dunno why but thats just a sweet ass name for a finisher.

Ahmed has gained some weight.

003.jpg

002.jpg

I don't know if there's anything keeping him from being acknowledged on TV. I surely haven't heard anything about an incident between him and Vince, but that's not to say it didn't happen.

wow. I didn't even recognize him from those pics. If He was to get back into shape, I think he can be a Force to be Reckon With. TNA would want him. WWE has too many monster characters and have not included him in any videos nor comments during all these years, so why would WWE want him now. Still looks intimidating though. Still wouldn't want to piss him off.

Is that really Ahmed? Jesus man, I know some guys let themselves go, but I can't recognize him at all. I hope his health is otherwise ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back