• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Against All Odds: X Division Champion Alex Shelley vs. Eric Young

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
xtitle.jpg

Uh, what the fuck? I sincerely thought that Shelley's reign was going to be different. I thought we were going to be done with these throwaway non-feuds. I thought the X Division was going to be treated as a legitimate attraction. Apparently not.

Even though I've touted him as a potential world champion at times, I'm getting so fucking sick of Eric Young. That stupid grin just makes me want to take a screwdriver to his face. Maybe I just don't like seeing people happy.

So, anyway, we saw this match on free TV a month ago. Literally, a month ago. We then saw pretty much the same thing last night in a tag match between the the world's losingest tag team, the Guns, and, for some reason, Jay Lethal (doesn't he have his own fucking tag team?) and EY. EY won, kicking the living shit out of both the two as Lethal took a breather.

This is meant to spark my interest how? EY could well win. If he doesn't, I see Homicide possibly cashing in. Either way, I don't give a shit.

Why Vince Russo Is able to get work in wrestling is beyond me? TNA used to be all I watched back when it was samoa joe, christopher daniels, and AJ styles going crazy on each other but now............. it is just a place to watch washed wrestlers get one last run at the top I mean HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DOES IT TAKE FOR JEFF JARRETT 2 get the message? YOUR PRODUCT IS CORNY AS FUCK!!!!! I mean dont let the crowd at the impact zone fool u.. those tickets are free. I mean wasnt jarrett complaining of the same thing ten years ago?? being held down by the established guys?? I truly feel the x division title lost all its glory back when somebody had the brilliant Idea of letting Kurt Angle have all the belts at the same time and then who gets it from him? JAY LETHAL....... who is an awesome performer but with a comical gimmick and when u put the belt on somebody who is not to be taken seriously the belt loses value.... I thought alex shelley would fix it but if out of everybody in the xdivision they choose EY that just means that jeff jarrett is following the old WCW playbook to the letter

Its really sad to say, but I'm really looking for an alternative to WWE. It is my opinion (as well as everybody else that knows anything) that the product is better overall when there is some sort of competition. But TNA just isnt providing that, and for some reason I find myself tuning in every week anyway with high hopes......just to be dissappointed yet again

Eh, this should be a decent match. Eric Young will more than likely win the belt, so that the Motor City Machine Guns can go feud with Lethal Consequences for the TNA Tag Team belts (I am predicting that Lethal Consequences will beat Beer Money Inc.).

After this match though, TNA seriously needs to decide what the fuck they want to do with the X-Division and who they want their X-Division poster-boy to be. Over the last half of 2008, TNA pretty much marginalized their X-Division to the point that it doesn't matter anymore. If they want it to be one of their distinguishing features, they need to put and keep the belt on Eric Young while giving him sufficient TV time every other week to get himself over. While I am a big fan of Alex Shelley, I don't think he is currently the right person for the belt. He is still thought of too much as a tag-team competitor, and TNA having Chris Sabin accompany him everywhere only shows that they still view him as such too.

Why is anyone suprised by this? I mean really what did you expect? People, let me make this clear: TNA booking does not make sense. The X Division is treated as a spotfest series and nothing more. The belt means nothing as it's passed around more often than WWE titles. There's nothing at all of worth here as far as storylines go but the in ring work should be ok. Young is underrated in the ring and with Shelley the match should be solid. Still though, I ask why. At least give us something to go off of people.

I think they will have a great match but all in all I truly feel it wont matter because theye will probaly have the mainevent mafia "squash" the champion in the future either as a gang or in the ever spoileriffic "Non-title match"

This'll be a decent match up. Granted they did just fight a few weeks ago in a TV match, but there was no title on the line in that match, which automatically makes this a little more interesting for the fans. Plus this match will probably get more time than their TV match allowing for more action.

I really hope Shelly retains, he's been a hard, consistent TNA worker and after years of wrestling in the X-Division he finally won the title. It would really stink if he looses it on his first defense, and of all people to Eric Young. Young is a talented guy who finally lost his stupid gimmicks, but I still can't see him as champion.

This match will end one of two ways IMO. One, Shelly wins by cheating or with interference from Chris Sabin. Or two Lethal Consequences will repay Eric Young for helping them on Thursday by help Young win the X-Division title.

I am interested in this match. I know we saw it a month ago, but it wasn't for the title and it was only a 6 minute match. Plus, this match is rather unpredictable. I won't be surprised if Eric Young walks out of here with the gold, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen. Apparently, Chris Sabin is banned from ringside, meaning there's a 99% chance that he'll come out in the final few moments of the match and help Alex Shelley retain his X Division title. I'm almost certain that the match will end that way.

However, LAX hasn't been on TV for a few weeks, coincidence? There is the posibility that Homicide might cash in his Feast or Fired briefcase and win the belt for 3 or 4 days just like Lethal Consequences did ;) But seriously, for all that is holy, please let Shelley retain. If TNA ever wants to get serious about the X Division again, Alex Shelley is the perfect man to lead the pack. I don't think he works well as a heel, because he's too darn entertaining in the ring to boo him, but he can make a good champion.

They had that great X Division tournament that led to Alex Shelley winning the title, so don't make that title worthless again by having Young or Homicide win the belt only weeks after we finally crowned a new champion. Knowing TNA's ******ed booking though, anything is possible. It should be a good match and I hope it doesn't get treated as a filler because it should be more important than that.

As far as Homicide, I hope not. Shelley is finally getting his chance to show what he can do as the champion but he can't do that in 4-5 weeks with the belt and two or three matches. He's been given no time to show off what he can do and having Homicide run in tomorrow would hurt any chance of putting he and Sabin together which is what I think is coming. Hopefully this is just a single waste of time and not a double including Homicide.

Yeah I'd rather Homicide not come out tonight. I think a Shelly/Homicide feud should happen soon, but not in a random typical "i cashed in after a hard fought match" fashion. I'd rather Homicide set up the feud on TV by warning Shelly he's gonna cash in at the next PPV. It would keep the momentum that TNA has given the X-Title going by putting two serious wrestlers to fight for it, and a serious feud for that title hasn't happened in quite some time.

No Homicide, but the perfect choice to open the show. They put on a good match with some decent spots. Nice fast paced stuff that didn't go on too long and had a decent finish. This was never meant to be a classic but more along the lines of a way to get Shelley a PPV Title win and there's not a thing wrong with that at all. He got his pin and beat Young clean. Both move onto something else and the champion looks good. The crowd was into it and it did its job. Good, fun opener and a solid match all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back