• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Against All Odds: Knockout's Championship:

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
T.N.A. Knockout's Championship: Awesome Kong (c) v. O.D.B.

After this past iMPACT!, it was announced that Kong will be defending her Championship on Feb. 8th's Against All Odds, Pay per view.

I think this match will be one of the better Kong match-ups, as it'll have her going against someone that people can honestly believe could match power with power. O.D.B. has been a strong and heavy (no pun intended) fan favorite since her debut. I think she'll take the gold here, or possibly win via Disqualification to further the feud.

Rumors have circled around Awesome Kong apparently having some type of injury. I haven't read them, but if they're serious than O.D.B. is definately likely to win the Knockout's Championship here.

The only question I have is, once O.D.B. does win, will we begin seeing more "Bimbo Brawls"?

What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on this match-up? Do you believe Kong can defend her title against O.D.B.? Do you believe O.D.B. has what it takes to win? Will she win? Please add plenty of discussion and be sure to add all of your thoughts and opinions on this match-up. Thank You.

I'm looking forward to this match. Although I thought Taylor Wilde was able to have decent matches with Kong, and Heme did her best, I think this will be the first time since the Kong and Kim feud where the match will seem some what realistic and not just the same ole underdog stuff.

ODB is a fan favorite(the most over face since Kim left). She can also hold her own in the ring and with her size she just seems more legit when she's fighting Kong and it looks like she could actually hold her own(unlike Heme & Wilde who look like kids against Kong).

Kong has been prettty boring and plain as champion this time around so I think it would be a good time to finally give the belt to ODB. The fans will be into the reign and she could have decent feuds with The Beautiful People or even Rhaka Khan. I hope she goes cleanly over Kong, without it being a fluke because it could make the win even more legit, while still not destroying Kong's credibility(since ODB is a tough opponent). I say after this take Kong off for a while, heal the injuries and bring her back when they have a fresh storyline in mind.

If it's ultimately what the majority of fans want, then I guess I will have to resign myself to ODB being the next serious contender for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship. However, I can't for the life of me think why Roxxi should not be chasing the championship instead of ODB. Furthermore, I don't think that ODB and Kong match up very well (intuitively, it seems like they would, given their comparable sizes). The only two women that I have seen who have been able to give Kong a credible run for her money have been Gail Kim and Roxxi (the street fights that these women had with Kong are the main reasons why I hold TNA's Knockouts Division in such high esteem). So, I am hoping that this is a one-off match that won't turn into a feud so that Roxxi can slide her way into the picture (she definitely deserves the belt).

This is it TNA, end this tragedy that is Awesome Kong's Knockouts Title reign. Her title reign is ridiculously boring. She always ends up looking dominant, even when she loses. I can't think of a single episode that Kong has appeared on that she hasn't looked dominant. Yes, I know she's fricking huge and could literally squash most of the other Knockouts, but this is wrestling dammit, and weight shouldn't be a large factor. If ODB doesn't win here, then I'm almost convinced Awesome Kong will retire with the belt.

There is currently no better option for the belt than ODB. She's way over with the fans, she has a decent gimmick and she is part of the TNA Frontline, the guys who seemingly are ready for a big push. To my knowledge, she has never won the title before and since she's the closest size to Kong out of any other Diva... opps I mean Knockout, so why the hell can't she win the title here, cleanly. I personally think Christy Hemme would be the champ if she didn't get injured, so that leads me to believe TNA wants Kong to lose the title very soon.

Plus, when was the last time the Knockouts Title changed hands on pay per view? Make it happen now TNA. ODB needs this win to solidify her as truly one of the best Knockouts in the TNA Womens Division. I do think TNA hopefully realizes this, therefore I see ODB winning the title here, with Awesome Kong looking stronger of course.

Short and sweet here. This match wasn't really anything that great with the lovely Rhaka Khan being sent to the back early which just put me in a bad mood. This match really suprised me with ODB getting beaten clean. At this point with Taylor and Roxxi still going at it with the Beautiful People, who is left for Kong to feud with? Unless they're turning one of the Kongtourage against her, I don't see any possible challengers for Kong. Putting the title on ODB would have made sense here as she could have had one off matches with the Kongtourage until Kong was healthy again for the huge rematch in 3-4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back