• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AFL "12"

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Again with this thread. But I'm going to try my hardest to post in this everyweek when it starts up properly. I'm hoping just like last year that with More Aussie posters on here, this thread will get used more often.

United we stand...
madmonday9-600x400.jpg

After losing their most famous player, and their couch Nobody was expecting Geelong to win their third grandfinal in six years. (Except me ;)) Everyone thought Collingwood would be back to back finalists but Geelong kept up with them the whole year, with Geelong being the only team to beat collingwood and they did it not only once but 3 times to go on and prove the world (Well Australia) That it's not only one player that makes a team.

Of course, It's a new year. with the veterans dropping like fly's where does that leave the mighty cat's, has their run ended or can they finally win back to back?

nick-maxwell-nathan-buckley.jpg
After losing the grandfinal, will Collingwood fizzle out Or will they lick their wounds and comeback fighting. Will they be able to shine like Geelong and win a grandfinal with a new coach in the first year Or will they decide to rebuild and try again.?

954492-gary-ablett-gold-coast-suns.jpg

After having a pretty bad start to their career, how do you think the suns will go this year, Will they make Queenslanders be proud of football, or did they just waste alot of money.

398200-greater-western-sydney.jpg

Hopefully with the debut of this team, it will go back to everyone playing every week. the most important part is, hopefully The grandfinal this year will go back to the magical one day in September. Will this team have a good first year, or will they need to settle in before we see anything decent.

One month to go before the nab cup starts. but I'm sure there is plenty to talk about until it happens. I hope the questions I provided will be enough to get a few people in here and generate some discussion.

I will start the ball rolling with my biggest problem I had in 2011.

I could be wrong, but for as long as I can remember, possible even ever since the first ever grand final, the grandfinal has been held in September. Having the grandfinal in October just wasn't as special for me and my team was in it. as stated before, I'm hoping with even teams again this year, it was only a one off thing.

Well my team to win it this year is the Hawks. With the full team they will be very hard to beat. They came withtin 3 points of the pies last year in the finals with numerous of players missing. Buddy is just a freak and will continue to be the best full forward for years to come. Hodgey is one of my favourite players and is one of the hardest players in the AFL as well as one of the most skillful. Mitchell will continue to be an All Australian and was very unlucky to not win the brownlow last year. I know he got suspended but that should of not been a report. How else was he meant to try and get the ball?

Collingwood and Geelong will be interesting this year. I believe Collingwood will continue to be a top tier team. They have the young guns in Sidebottom, Wellingham and Beymes. Pendles and Swan are still in their prime and the only player they really loss was Leigh Brown. Hopefully Didak will come back to full fitness this season and give them that x factor they need. Geelong though, I expected them to fall to the bottom of the top 8 but they played great. I really cannot see them being in the top 4 again just because they lost such vital players to their team in Ottens and Ling. Bartel played very average last year so he need to steps up but it will be good having Selwood for a full season.

As for the two new teams. I will be very suprised if Giants win more than 1 game. They just are so young and the players they recruited aren't anywhere compared to what Gold Coast got. Gold Coast will win around 5 games this year and keep competing with everyone. They are definately going to be very good in a few years. Gazza is still a champ despite the lack of help he gets.

Well my team to win it this year is the Hawks. With the full team they will be very hard to beat.
I guess I kind of over looked the hawks, I'm not sure why, but I feel like even though they are a good team they will come close but wont make it back in the final for a few years.

Collingwood and Geelong will be interesting this year. I believe Collingwood will continue to be a top tier team. They have the young guns in Sidebottom, Wellingham and Beymes. Pendles and Swan are still in their prime and the only player they really loss was Leigh Brown. Hopefully Didak will come back to full fitness this season and give them that x factor they need.
I agree with them being on top, I'm not going to dismiss them just because they lost their coach, They will be one of the teams to watch this year that's for sure.
Geelong though, I expected them to fall to the bottom of the top 8 but they played great. I really cannot see them being in the top 4 again just because they lost such vital players to their team in Ottens and Ling. Bartel played very average last year so he need to steps up but it will be good having Selwood for a full season.
You know me, I'm a Geelong supporter, While I don't think 100% that they will win the grand final, I don't think they will fall that fast. they might have a rocky start but a few young players will get the chance to shine seeing some of the vets aint there anymore.

As for the two new teams. I will be very suprised if Giants win more than 1 game. They just are so young and the players they recruited aren't any where compared to what Gold Coast got.
The only thing I think the Giants have going for them at the moment is Their coach. They have one of if not the greatest coach of all time on their side, I wouldn't be to surprised if they win at least four games.
Gold Coast will win around 5 games this year and keep competing with everyone. They are definately going to be very good in a few years. Gazza is still a champ despite the lack of help he gets.
Maybe, but with only a handfull of decent players and still not use to working with each other 100%, I can't see them being that much better then GWS. I know Ablett and yada yada yada but using the gameplan kick it to Ablett can only get you so far.

The only thing I think the Giants have going for them at the moment is Their coach. They have one of if not the greatest coach of all time on their side, I wouldn't be to surprised if they win at least four games..

Wow. The Giants to win 4 games? I honestly cannot see it. Tom Scully was never that good at Melbourne and he is meant to be there top player. Also all the key positions for the Giants (Full forward, Centre half forward etc) are all filled with young players that have had no AFL experience. Atleast Gold Coast had Bock and Frasier for a key position, and they still didn't even win 4 games.

Maybe, but with only a handfull of decent players and still not use to working with each other 100%, I can't see them being that much better then GWS. I know Ablett and yada yada yada but using the gameplan kick it to Ablett can only get you so far.

I wouldn't count them out hey. David Swallow was becoming very good at the end of the season and Michael Ristechelli(?) had a very very good season. They also have solid players in Mckenzie, Stanley, Smith and Hardbrow that could easily have a better season than last. They wont make top 8 for another few seasons. But they will definately improve on last year.

There are also teams like Carlton and Eagles. Where would you rank them? I think Eagles will stay top 4 and thats without being biased. We actually have a really deep team and picking up Josh Hill and Brad Dick for speed is great. Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Nic Nat and Scott Selwood all get another year under them and we still have players like Lecras, Kennedy and Beau Waters in their prime with vets who are still very good in Darren Glass, Dean Cox and even the big Q can still produce. As for the Blues they are just a great team all round and very unlucky to not make the top 4 last year. Marc Murphy definately became an elite midfielder last year and nothing wrong with Brycey Gibbs either.

Wow. The Giants to win 4 games? I honestly cannot see it.
Really? I don't know, I guess I'm being Generous. I just have a feeling a few of the teams will be playing badly this year. and if two teams play badly the giants can pull off a win. if they play Gold coast suns twice there's a potential two wins.
Tom Scully was never that good at Melbourne and he is meant to be there top player. Also all the key positions for the Giants (Full forward, Centre half forward etc) are all filled with young players that have had no AFL experience. Atleast Gold Coast had Bock and Frasier for a key position, and they still didn't even win 4 games.
Don't count Tom Scully out yet though. It's a little hard to show full potential when the team you play for are shit all round.

I wouldn't count them out hey. David Swallow was becoming very good at the end of the season and Michael Ristechelli(?) had a very very good season. They also have solid players in Mckenzie, Stanley, Smith and Hardbrow that could easily have a better season than last. They wont make top 8 for another few seasons. But they will definately improve on last year.
Worst part for them is, all the other teams have been building up their young players as well. Essendon, Richmond ect... only difference is they have had much more experience.

There are also teams like Carlton and Eagles. Where would you rank them? I think Eagles will stay top 4 and thats without being biased. We actually have a really deep team and picking up Josh Hill and Brad Dick for speed is great. Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey, Nic Nat and Scott Selwood all get another year under them and we still have players like Lecras, Kennedy and Beau Waters in their prime with vets who are still very good in Darren Glass, Dean Cox and even the big Q can still produce. As for the Blues they are just a great team all round and very unlucky to not make the top 4 last year. Marc Murphy definately became an elite midfielder last year and nothing wrong with Brycey Gibbs either.
Eagles are Geelongs rivals in my eyes. I can't stand them because we always play a close game no matter how good or bad the teams are going that year. I think the Eagles will play a great year of footy this year. I feel the top 6 will be made out of (in no particular order)
Geelong
Collingwood
Eagles
Hawthorn
Essendon
Richmond

Richmond I think will be the team to watch this year. I'm not a gambling man but I will be putting ten bucks on them to get into the grandfinal.

Yeah I suppose you're right. Richmond and Essendon in the top 6? I can see Essendon being up there but Richmond I'm not to sure. I love them and have banked them to make the top 8 the past couple of years but they disappoint me. I can definately see them getting there but maybe that's just me because I like them. Bit stiff on Carlton not getting up there but.

I always love the Geelong and Eagles games. Last year in the regular season was a classic and could of easily gone either way. The firsts and the start of the second really killed you if I remember correctly. But in the finals you guys showed us that you guys can turn anyones gameplan and turn it into shit. You're structure was perfect and I didn't think you guys could get it any better than that, then you did it the very next week against Collingwood.

Bit stiff on Carlton not getting up there but.
I don't know, I always seem to overlook Carlton. I guess I still think of them as a shit team lulz... But with all the other teams I mentioned, I'm not sure. Carlton will still fit into the top 8, I guess I should of worded it correctly the first time, but I meant that the six teams mentioned will be in the top 8. I guess add Carlton, that would leave room for one more team. (unless they're making a top nine this year?) I don't know who the last team would be, but knowing my luck the one team I have over looked will be the ones coming out on top.

I still stand by what I said about richmond though. I might be just wishing they will make it, but my father inlaw knew richmond in and out. He said nonstop that this year would be their year. that they should be strong enough to make it to the prelim finals this year, so I'm taking his word for it.

An AFL thread?!?
OK now i'm officially in love with these forums :)

2012 in the AFL will be a good one to watch, and pretty much any of the teams that made it into the 8 in 2011 (asides from st kilda) have a fair shot of getting close to the granny, but my pick for this year's winner will probably be either Hawthorn or Geelong, not picking Collingwood because i hate them (blues supporter :p). look out for the eagles, swans and even carlton though, those teams have a gigantic upside and will all at least compete in a granny in the next five years.

The reason i think the cats can come back and do it is because they are extremely good on their developmental side, pretty much anyone they pick up in a draft automatically becomes a star e.g. menzel, Jpod, christensen, etc. that and the fact that having Scott as coach has probably improved the way they play, the players seem to like him better, and want to perform better in front of him

the suns should win at least 6 games now considering all the kids there have gone through a full year and now know fully what to expect, they'll still finish around 15th/16th, at least above port and GWS

speaking of GWS, it's incredibly hard to tell what they are and aren't capable of, they have had a lot more time to develop than the suns did, but whether or not that will change how competitive they are can't be answered this early, although it's safe to say they will get slaughtered against any competent teams..

there are 22 weeks again, and they put a three week bye system in; in rounds 11, 12, 13 there will be 6 teams with a bye, so i think that means the grand final is back in september, although i did love having the grand final replay in 2010 on my birthday, one of the best presents i've ever got was watching st kilda getting beat in a room full of saints supporters :)

Richmond will do what they do every year, start off shithouse, get so bad they cant possibly make it into finals, then start pulling wins out of their asses because the pressure's off and finish 9th, it's a hilarious curse when you think about it ;P

Where's the love for Sydney Swans aye?

As a Sydney sider it's been a bit disappointing to see the Swans under-performing but here's hoping to a good year. But i must admit i've always been a bigger NRL fan and i prefer Rugby League.

Anybody really honestly believe that Israel Folau will develop or be a stand-out AFL player? He has the marketability yes ofcourse, but the talent is it there?
It's big gamble in terms of talent but a smart marketing ploy by GWS. If Karmichael Hunt is any indication of whats to come then i guess Israel Folau wasn't worth the pricetag.
What do you think guys?

Anybody really honestly believe that Israel Folau will develop or be a stand-out AFL player? He has the marketability yes ofcourse, but the talent is it there?
It's big gamble in terms of talent but a smart marketing ploy by GWS. If Karmichael Hunt is any indication of whats to come then i guess Israel Folau wasn't worth the pricetag.
What do you think guys?

Honestly I think he can make the transition into a good AFL player. He wont win a brownlow but he will definately be a solid player. Kevin Sheedy moved him into the forward of the VFL the second half of last year and I think in his first match up forward he kicked 4 goals and if I remember correctly I think he got 19 goals in 6 or 7 games up forward which is very good for a first year player. VFL might not be AFL talent and intensity wise but if he is doing that in his first year then he can do a lot of things in the years to come. He can kick a goal from 70 out, has amazing atheletic ability and has the greatest coach of all time by his side. I think he will definately be better than Hunt.

Hunt though didn't get much love last year which I think is unfair because he played very solidly. He knows how to tackle and does a lot of 1% that people don't notice. I think a move to the midfield for him this year would be good. Seeing him kick his first goal in footy was very good to watch because you could just see how bad he wanted it and how he wanted to prove everyone wrong and he did it with one big kick. Thats the spirit thats gonna make Hunt a good player.

With Israel Folau i agree with the move to forward. He's big, strong and gifted with amazing athletic ability. He'll be slow to develop in my opinion but like you bro, i think he can materialise into a good AFL player. But also with Folau critics are always going to be harsh on him no matter what, he will be expected to perform week in, week out to be seen as succesful in the AFL.

With Israel Folau i agree with the move to forward. He's big, strong and gifted with amazing athletic ability. He'll be slow to develop in my opinion but like you bro, i think he can materialise into a good AFL player. But also with Folau critics are always going to be harsh on him no matter what, he will be expected to perform week in, week out to be seen as succesful in the AFL.

Yes that's true. If he doesn't do excellent every week it will be considered a bad signing by most fans. He will never have it fairly. Much like Cena in the WWE. I know that he will take a few years to develop and will never hate on him because he isn't a gun player from the start. People will complain about his contract being too big, but I think it's what needed to be done. Yes it is a lot of money on a player that has never played. Yes it could of be used for several other players but the risk has a much greater reward.

Folau's a power forward, they usually take around 3-4 years to fully develop into the strong marking type like a Cloke or Hall, but i think that his strength that's carried over from his previous life of being a massive beefcake should shorten that aspect of his development (apparently he can kick a ball good, so that shouldn't be a problem). Even saying that, there's no chance of him becoming the mega star that everyone expects him to be within this year, or maybe even the next one.

It shouldn't really be that big of a gamble bringing over a player from a different code, look at Kennelly, he was a superstar in both of his codes. in a sense taking players from another code can be considered like the rookie draft, you're taking those players because you need them to fill in roles on the field, and whether or not they turn out good is usually due to the developmental side of things - there's a HUGE leap between the sorts of trainings you do for a VFL side and the trainings you do for an AFL side.

also, after doing a little bit of digging i can say: watch out for Adelaide, they're not going to win it, but they'll skyrocket compared to last year

Where's the love for Sydney Swans aye?

As a Sydney sider it's been a bit disappointing to see the Swans under-performing but here's hoping to a good year.
You guys have actually had quite a couple of good years though. you have came close a couple of times. Either the pressure of coming not close enough will help you guys, or it will be your downfall this year. I'm going with the latter so far, but then again without even having one single match this season it's a little hard to tell just yet.
also, after doing a little bit of digging i can say: watch out for Adelaide, they're not going to win it, but they'll skyrocket compared to last year
I'm not to sure about this. but then again Adelaide is a team I often overlook.

I really beliave in the tigers this year. They will break the curse of coming ninth. They are not the first team to get stuck in a rut and then break free...

This is interesting...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128182/default.aspx

basically...
THREE years after signing a former Canadian rugby union international, the Sydney Swans have added an athletic US college basketballer to their books.

Having recruited ruck prospect Mike Pyke in 2009, the Swans have now signed Alex Starling after testing showed he had the athletic potential to make the switch to the AFL.

The 22-year-old certainly impressed former Sydney Swans coach Paul Roos, who believes Starling can make the transition to Australian football.

"Alex is not only an outstanding basketballer but he has also played American football as well,''
I know this wont be happening until next year at least. but I can't see the point.

How do you think a basketballer would go playing Aussie Rules?
The speeds there, but a basketball court is way smaller then a football oval. I guess if he can kick well he could be an ok player, but Basketball to the AFL seems like a big leap.

nice article mate, the guy has a very good look, i'm just hoping he doesnt end up like majak daw (i think he's still on north's list..?) daw was a kid who has the same sort of build, an athletically gifted kid who was tall as fuck, but he can't get a game to save his life which is disappointing..
the guy looks like another tall forward type as well, sydney has 4 of those now (5 if goodes counts) so i dont know how they're going to accommodate him into their game plan/change it to suit that structure. If it works they're set for a monster couple of years, and i'm looking forward to that.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/2012 fixture/tabid/15350/default.aspx

check out that fixture, they're going to either step it up big time or they're screwed, i want them to do well, seeing as my whole mother's side of the family goes for them, but maybe it's the carlton heart of mine, but i just dont see it this year, MAYBE eighth...

The US basketballer is just the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Obviously it it for marketting purposes because there is no way he will get 10 games in the AFL. We have guys that play when they are 6 years old and still don't get games. As for Majak Daw I think he will get a game the next few years hey. I have seen a few videos of him and he shows a lot of potential. He is a Nic Nat in a Roo jumper. Actually he can run better than Nic Nat which is a scary thought. I expect him to get one game within the next few years because really what do the Roo's have to lose by playing him atleast once.

With the way the Roos have been performing over the last couple of years it's hard to figure out why Majak Daw hasnt been given his chance to shine, they're a team that really need that sort of tall running forward that can back up petrie, whenever petrie has a crap game there's no one there that can fill his spot/give him some rest.

Mr basketballer fellow wont play any games this year, this year will be solely about getting muscle and kicking practice, it's the year after that we can start to go crazy and burn down Paul Roos' house for making such a stupid decision...
if he does end up playing he'll be nothing special, think of him as another Ashley Sampi, he'll do some cool shit and then disappear off the face of the planet. I do know what you're saying about the guys who play all their lives and never get a shot - I'm one of them. I played suburban footy for 9 straight years and decided to go and fuck up my back just after demolishing the best and fairest... cant go anywhere near as good as i could before :(

That Us Basketballer could two ways. He could gather the skills and become an amazing Ruck/Forward player much like Naitanui. Or he could do shit all and get sent back to the US. Basically only time will tell. I for one think the latter as he has no previous experience to a game like this. The closest being NFL football. But there are still many differences to that. Although I wish the guy all the best and hope he makes me eat my words.

Hawthorn are my pick for the Premiership this year. If all their players stay fit (Roughie in particular) i feel like they could and will go all the way. They were unlucky not to make the grand final last year. Pies were better on the night. simple as that

I'm going to do an informative post next on my Ladder prediction. be sure to argue with me as i am usually, if not all the time, wrong. Thanks

Now to do something that has never been done before...... A LADDER PREDICTION. My prediction will more than likely be wrong so everyone in this thread give your own prediction and lets all talk more about it.

FIRST MY INITIAL LADDER
1.Hawthorn
2.Geelong
3.Collingwood
4.Blues
-
5.Eagles
6.Sydney
7.Essendon
8.StKilda
-
9.North Melbourne
10.Richmond
11.Melbourne
12.Adelaide
13.Freo
14.Suns
15.Bulldogs
16.Lions
17.Port
18.GWS

Then I looked at every teams fixture and did a predictor of sorts. Each rnd a team can get either a Win (+4) Loss (0) or Either way (+2). And at the end of the regular season this is what came out.

STATS LADDER
1.Hawthorn
2.Geelong (Hawthorn had more wins. but both ended on the same points due to Geelong having more Either Way matches)
3.Collingwood
4.Blues
-My top four are still the exactly the same. But I presume everyone will have the same top 4 regardless what order
5.Essendon
6.Eagles
7.Sydney
8.StKilda
- These four were still the same but shuffled around a bit. Still quite content with the results so far
9.North Melbourne
10.Adelaide
11.Richmond
12.Melbourne
13.Brisbane
14.Bulldogs
15.Fremantle
16.Suns
17.Port
18.GWS
Well i seemed to fuck up the bottom order quite a bit. Adelaide seems to have a very good draw and should rack up the wins (and hopefully Thompson can rack up those DT points) There were A LOT of either ways within #7-14 So this ladder could be completley as i only gave 2 points as opposed to the usual 4. So for all we know Kangas or Adelaide could very well make the finals

Anyway that's My little ladder prediction. Give me some insight and your own prediction and get this thread going.

This was done before the NAB cup so it could be WAY off. I may do another prediction after the NAB cup because, hell, I love FOOTY

You seem like an Adelaide fan. You also seem like you think they will do quite well. I think they have had the talent the last 4 or so years but they let me down every year, particularly last year. Kurt Tippet is so overrated it's stupid. Patrick Dangerfield actually needs to learn to play a little more sensibly that what he is as well. He is a terrific footballer and I love how he goes for the ball, but he needs to actually stay on the field. Scotty Thompson will find it hard to carry the team for a second straight year so he might struggle. Van Berlo really needs to step up like he did in the latter half of last season. I just don't see them doing that well. There backline is pretty average and need to work on that.

As for the ladder it looks pretty solid, but come on. Dockers 13th?! I hate them more than anything but they were so unlucky last year with injuries that you can't really base last year to this year. Sandilands, Mundy, Barlow and Pavlich were all hurt for majority of last season, their 4 best players. Players like Hayden and Morabito were also missed. Hayden is one of the silkiest players I have ever seen and very underrated and Morabito showed a lot of promise in his first year with his run down the middle. I fully expect them to make the 8.

I must be the only one to think Essendon wont make it this year as well. I thought last year they got lucky because of teams like Bulldogs, Freo and Saints all having down years. I really can't see them making the top 8 this year. Apart from Watson who else do they have thats a game changer? Stanton has magnificent endurance but can't hit a target if he was 2 metres away. Michael Hurley is also :lmao:..

we're doing a ladder prediction now?
awesome

here's mine then

1.Collingwood
2.Hawthorn
3.Cats
4.Blues
-
5.Eagles
6.Sydney
7.Adelaide
8.Essendon
-
9.Freo
10.Richmond
11.StKilda
12.North
13.Bulldogs
14.Melbourne
15.Suns
16.Lions
17.Port
18.GWS

Scott Thompson won't struggle carrying the rest of the Adelaide side, he's a freaking god at footy, and my dreamteam captain :p
if their average players like Bernie Vince start to pull their fingers out of their ass and play good, then that coupled with their fixture is a recipe for gold.

It's Essendon v Freo for the 8th spot in my books, bombers have new kids like zaha, hurley and heppell. While Freo have freaks of nature like sandi, pav and barlow. i only put essendon there because it's too hard to predict freo's games properly.

Do any of you do dreamteam? i'm looking for another league to join (only one of my leagues is any good, that one finished around top 50 in the leagues)

haha Khalifa you have me all wrong. Im actually a Bombers Boy through and through. I just feel like Adelaide will have a good season because their run this year is amazing. They play Gold Coast, GWS and Port twice in the season so they're all wins we can presume.

Fremantle I put so low only because of Ross Lyon. He didn't have the best season last year coaching St Kilda, and it can't be blamed on injury as only Hayes was out. So I can only presume that Freo won't perform as well as in 2010 as Lyon might not have a great game plan. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and the dockers soar as they've always had a soft spot in my heart.

Essendon i reckon will finish in the top 8 as I feel like they can only get better. Last year they also had a fair share of injuries. They beat a lot of the top teams last year but under performed against the lower teams during the mid season. They've got a new fitness coach and a lot of the boys have bigger bodies. Heppell and Melksham aren't as skrawny as they were. And i think this will be the year for Howlett. Look for him. He's a gun

Finally what do you all think about the new captains? Swallow is a good choice for the Roos.

But Melbourne shouldn't have given it to Grimes and Trengove. They only have 69 games between them. It's way to early for them to lead a team they've only been around 4 and 2 years respectively.

anyway that's my little two cents.

Swallow is a terrific pick for the Roo's. He goes in hard and is to be looked up to by all of his peers. He has no faults and did a wonderful job last year. As for Trengrove and Grimes, all I can say is why! They are both good players and captain material but being a captain too young affects peoples careers too much. Heck it even affects older peoples careers. Look at Luke Ball. Captain at 21 and was a shining light, however too much pressure was put on him and he had a down season. He is now always remembered as someone who had there career ruined at a young age. Don't get me wrong he is a good player, but I feel that there was too much pressure for him back at the Saints. So I hope it isn't the same for Grimes and Trengrove.

As much as i hate Ross Lyon, i don't think he's the reason for stkilda's downfall last year. They had 6 years of being in premiership positions and never got to finish it off. His style of coaching didn't help them, but they were going to fail sooner or later due to all the other teams around them getting better while they stayed the same. It will be very interesting to see how/if he changes Freo's game plan, they were very good in 2010, but their 2011 was an injury disaster. They're a team still on the rise and i want them to succeed (even if their song is hilariously bad)

A bigger version of Heppell?
oh god we're screwed...
that kid's already a gun, i would say he's probably the second best (behind harry o) running half back in the league, and with the extra muscle he is going to dominate....

As soon as i saw that Boomer had been kicked off captaincy, I immediately picked Swallow for his replacement, he is their best player, and he has the look of a strong leader (nice bloke too). I don't watch Melbourne's internal scenes so i don't know any of the details surrounding whether or not grimes and trengrove are strong leaders, the amount of games they've played shouldn't matter, but it will be interesting if they flop like green did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back