• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AF 27: Bobby Adams and Sandy Deserts vs. Los Magnificos Dragones (Warren & Califa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
AftershockLogo_zpsdc26a2ad.jpg

Two indy stars join forces as the new Los Magnificos Dragones see if they can't string together a pair of wins. Can Bobby Adams and Sandy Deserts pull together for a win, or will Los Dragones prove to have what it takes to be a force in the tag division?​

Deadline is Wednesday, September 4th, 11:59PM Central Time. Extensions via request.

The scene opens up to see the figures of Amber Warren and her brother, Nate right outside the exit door of El Califa’s gym. Both Amber and Nate are drenched in sweat after a rigorous workout which can be seen from their shirts. Nate takes a sip from his bottle of water while Amber is seen wiping her sweat with a towel.

Amber: What a workout huh, Nate?

Nate: Yeah, that was a great workout. You looked good out there in the ring too. You really showed El Califa’s students who’s boss, haha.

Amber smiles, if only for a minute before responding to her brother.

Amber: Yeah yeah, but some of those guys did pretty well. I learned from them and I hope they learned from me as well.

Nate nods his head in agreement. Just then, he puts his bottle of water away in his bag before scavenging through it. Amber becomes curious at this and looks over at Nate. Finally, Nate retrieves something from his bag before he faces his sister. In his hand, he reveals a DVD entitled, “Bobby Adams”.

Amber: Oh what is that Nate?

Nate: It’s time to do some homework little sister. You and El Califa’s opponents for this week are Sandy Desserts and Bobby Adams. Now I know El Califa has some history on Sandy so I’m not worried there but this Bobby Adams guy could be trouble.

Amber looks a little puzzled, suddenly worrying about her opponents. Her thoughts had been strictly on training and listening to the instructions of her tag team partner, she had little time to think about their upcoming match.

Amber: Trouble? Why so?

Nate: Nah, it’s nothing. It’s just that it was pretty hard finding footage of this guy but I dug deep enough and I found some. Wanna watch it later on after we grab something to eat?

Amber: Sounds good. By the way, I wanted to ask you how you feel about me teaming with El Califa now?

Nate: Honestly Amber, I think you’d do fine without El Califa. I mean, did you see yourself out there in the ring? El Califa’s students have probably been training under him for a really long time and you just went in there and outshined them all. See, if you put your mind to it, you can do it.

Amber sighs as she listens to her brother's answer. She shakes her head as she hangs her towel on her gym bag, setting it back down before turning back to Nate, her arms crossed in front of her.

Amber: So you’re still not fond of it? I just don’t get you sometimes Nate.

Nate shoots a look of confusion towards his sister to which Amber responds by shaking her head, disappointed at her brother’s attitude.

Nate: What’s not to get Amber? I’m just saying that you can do all of this if you really wanted to, you don’t really need El Califa. You should take that as a compliment.

Amber: Yeah, whatever. I think this partnership I have with El Califa is the best thing that’s happened to my wrestling career. Look, we beat the Sacrifical Alter last week. Those guys are no pushovers and honestly, I was really nervous going into that match. But El Califa sat me down and talked me down and that really calmed me. And look what happened, I even got the pinfall in the match!

Nate crosses his arms just listening to his sister speak. After her whole spiel, he unfolds his arms, looking to accept that maybe this partnership with El Califa isn’t a bad thing. But instead, he grabs his bag and goes over to Amber’s bag before handing it to her.

Nate: So we gonna grab something to eat?

Amber rolls her eyes at Nate, clearly still annoyed. Before they could depart, the locks on the door began to turn and we see that El Califa has finished locking up his gym. He studies what’s going on at the moment while Amber and Nate just look at him.

El Califa: Amber, good job today. El Califa is quite pleased with your ring skills. You have the wit and awareness of a grizzled veteran. El Califa requests your company for later on in the evening. We will be witnessing an event that will help us prepare for the team of Sandy Desserts and Bobby Adams. This will be an important event that I strongly recommend you attend with me as it is vital to our road to victory on Aftershock.

Nate looks towards El Califa, his eyes showing anger towards the masked luchador. Clearly annoyed, Nate looks towards Amber first before turning and taking a step towards Califa, ready to give him a piece of his mind.

Nate: What event are you talking about El Califa? I don’t think it’s a good idea. We have some footage to watch on Bobby Adams and I have a ton of scouting reports on Sandy Desserts. So if you don’t mind, I’ll invite you to join us get something to eat but after that, it’s time to do some homework.

Amber turns a bright red as her cheeks become a rosy color after feeling embarrassment from her brother’s outburst. She then gives him a glare that Nate is not pleased with but he stands firm on his point.

El Califa: El Califa thinks this event is more important for Los Magnificos Dragones. This is necessary for preparation for our match. If it’s easier for you Nate, you can come as you please but Amber’s presence is mandatory.

Nate stares a hole through El Califa, his free hand balling into a fist as he begins to feel slighted. Amber looks nervously between the two, feeling the tension brewing, though El Califa seems aloof as he studies Nate, tilting his head slightly at the sudden rage building up inside of him.

Nate: I can go? After you basically said you don’t care if I’m there or not? Yeah, I’m not going. Amber, let’s go.

El Califa: El Califa did not mean any malice Nate. You are welcome to join us. What we will do is homework as well but we’re going to see it live and in person. We will watch what you have prepared in that DVD of yours but after this event we go to.

Nate drops his bag advancing towards El Califa looking ready to tell him off before Amber steps in his way. El Califa shakes his head slightly as Amber looks up at her brother, now clearly upset with him.

Amber: Nate! Stop it right now.

He looks at his sister then back to El Califa before going back to his bag. He takes out the key for their car and angrily starts walking away.

Nate: Whatever. You either follow him to whatever event he’s talking about or you can follow me and we can do some real homework. Whatever, I don’t care.

With Nate walking towards their car, Amber looks lost as to who to follow. She grabs her bag, seemingly going in Nate’s direction but she takes her cell phone out of her bag and begins sending a text. Nate already has the car starting and the cameras go over to the car. We hear a ringtone from Nate’s cell phone and he reads it, “I’ll meet up with you later.” Nate looks disappointed as he drops his cell phone to the passenger seat before speeding off the scene. Amber and El Califa watch as Nate leaves, shrugging at one another.

Amber: Sorry about that partner. So where exactly are we going?

Kurtesy's Klinic
San Francisco, California
Noon - Monday​

The first day of the week has never been exciting for anybody and there was no exception inside the Professor's still-operating psychiatric offices where Michelle Frost had taken over the reigns as the leading doctor. Two receptions were busy at work behind the front desk, taking incoming calls and dealing with patients as they check in and out of the clinic. Most of the patients were sitting down and waiting for their name to be called, looking up with promise and hope as each doctor walked out into the waiting room and prayed their name was next on the list. Michelle never fully understood this concept considering all patients had specific session times that never ran late under her watch (a first in the area) but she trudged along down the hallway and into the room full of patients as they stare at her, wanting to leave what they thought was purgatory. Unfortunately for the patients, it was Michelle's lunch break and she was looking to sign-off at the front desk, making sure everything was running smoothly. Before the receptionist could respond, the answer to Michelle's question came as soon as the elevator door opened.

Sandy Deserts, former employee and head psychiatrist, squeezed through the gap in the elevator doors, not wanting to wait for them to open to full length. She stormed towards the front counter, looking almost enraged as Michelle turned around. She noticed that Sandy looked like she hadn't changed out of the clothes the last time she spoke with Sandy in person, almost two weeks before. As Michelle goes to respond, Sandy grabs Michelle by the hair and wrenches her head back, forcing Michelle to follow Sandy. The patients in the room let out screams and watch on in horror as a doctor was seemingly being dragged against her will by a psychopathic patient. Sandy quickly opens up Michelle's door, throwing her into the room as she goes tumbling into the patients chair. Sandy looks to close the door until the receptionist stops it from shutting, looking to handle the situation.

"Stop!" Michelle screams, as she attempts to recover from being thrown around, "Let me handle this."

Sandy stops as she turns around to the receptionist with eyes that could kill. The receptionist hesitates in her action and turns to Michelle with a worried look on her face.

"Let me handle this," Michelle repeats, reassuring the worried receptionist. "Tend to the patients and make sure everything is alright. Tell them that I've got everything under control and that this is a complete misunderstanding."

The receptionist nods, taking one last hard look at Sandy before slowly closing the door. Sandy turns back to Michelle, who looks to stand up but Sandy pushes her back down.

"You're damn right this is a misunderstanding but this isn't about me," Sandy says, in a quiet yet angry tone. "It's about you."

Words try to escape the mouth of Michelle but Sandy grabs her by the cheeks, making sure Michelle realises that she is in control of the situation. Without much choice, she obeys Sandy and decides not to make a sound, wanting to listen to what she has to say.

"I told you guys once that I didn't need any of your help and yet you both continue to defy my requests?!" Sandy asks, raising her voice at Michelle. "What? Do you think that I'm unable to do anything by myself? That everything something like this happens, I'll fly off the handle?"

"Aren't you doing that right now?" Michelle asks in a muffled tone.

Sandy stares at Michelle for a couple of seconds before pushing her head into the couch, making sure she is completely strapped in.

"You'll know when the handle is soaring through the air, Shelley." Sandy responds, saying Michelle's name in a sarcastic tone.

Sandy slowly lets her hand go, continuing to stare at Michelle so she stays in her current position on the couch. She heads over and grabs the psychiatrist's chair, dragging it around so Sandy is able to sit very close and opposite to Michelle. The two keep their focus on each other.

"I said that I'll be the one to take care of this Zeus problem," Sandy begins as she points to herself "... but the constant teasing Kurtesy and yourself are doing is making him more and more interested in finding him. I'd love for this obsession he's having to be over once and for all but I didn't envision the ending to be Zeus taking him down whilst I stood idly by because my so-called friends didn't think I could take care of the problem. I had a plan to defend Kurtesy's location and keep his secret safe until the bitter end but no, little miss psychologist decided that it would be in her best interest to call Kurtesy and recruit him for the front-lines."

"I only did it to protect all of us" Michelle interrupts as Sandy leans back in her seat, breaking the stare as she looks away with a frustrated look on her face. "It seemed like the way Zeus was acting, he wasn't going to stop until he found Kurtesy. He's got some unresolved issues and you know as well as I do that sometimes, issues as big as these need to be dealt with otherwise that person would keep their pent-up aggression bottled inside until they exploded."

Sandy was having none of the explanation as she shook her head. Michelle put her hand on Sandy's arm. "You couldn't have kept this gatekeeper role forever, Sandy. Eventually, he would have come here and targeted me. I had the emergency contact details and if Zeus were to take them from me, he would have found Kurtesy and gone after him without warning."

"I was doing a fine job protecting that secret..."

Before Sandy can finish her rebuttal, Michelle interrupts again. "But you failed, Sandy." Sandy turns her head and looks at Michelle. "You were strapped to a fucking hospital bed at Kingdom Come-"

Sandy slams her fist down hard on the couch, right next to Michelle's leg that causes her to stop talking mid-sentence. Michelle looks down at the still clenched fist as Sandy sits back up. She brings her hand back with Michelle watching.

"I had everything... under control," Sandy barely said without rage getting the best of her again, saying everything through her teeth. She took a deep breath to try and calm down but a look of anger still was on her face. "But, because of this mess, I'm stuck trying to clean it all up. Now, I'm asking you Michelle for the last time, please stay out of my business as I take care of Zeus. Make sure to relay the message back to Kurtesy the next time the two of you conspire to ruin my life again."

"I haven't seen Kurtesy since that night, Sandy." Michelle admits, trying to defend her stance on the entire ordeal. "I brought him back to protect you if something happened. I have nothing to do with what he's done since I brought you back to your apartment. I haven't been about to contact him but I guarantee you that he will be watching you and will keep coming back if you continue this pointless war. It isn't yours to fight, Sandy. You could get hurt."

Sandy laughs off the final sentence, patting Michelle on the cheek as if she were a child. "The Sandman doesn't care if he gets hurt, Michelle - it's the only thing he's ever known." Michelle begins looking at Sandy in a very weary manner. "Zeus is only starting to realise that I'm the bigger threat, asking him to join forces with him and trying to befriend me." Sandy lets out another laugh. "I'm going to show him that he should have never started this, as you say, pointless war. I will stand in the center of that ring and I will call him out to finish this... and if Kurtesy decides to get in the way, well then I have no idea what the Sandman will do."

Sandy gets up slowly, looking to leave the room. Michelle quickly stands up, grabbing Sandy by the arm and preventing her in doing so. She turns around to see the still concerned face of Michelle.

"If the Sandman tries to hurt Kurtesy, wouldn't Zeus be winning the psychological warfare and convert you over to his side? And don't you have a match this week you should be preparing for?"

"You mean my tag team match with some decorated home-town hero by the name of Bobby Adams where we take on Los Conquistadors? I do not mean any offense to these three competitors but I've got much bigger problems to deal with right now. Sure, I'll turn up, I'll wrestle and I'll be damn sure that as the veteran of the four, I will teach the Magnificent Dragons a thing or two about flying and bringing the heat whilst Mr. Adams can watch on from the corner taking notes... but Zeus is my primary target. I have to make sure that I'm fully prepared when he decides to show his face in front of me. If some of that preparation rubs off against my opponents during the match, the better our chances of picking up a win whilst sending Zeus a message. Win-win, right?"

Sandy goes to leave again but Michelle yanks back on her arm. She doesn't look too pleased as Michelle tries to bargain once again. "Involving yourself with Zeus is toxic, Sandy. You'll kill yourself or worse, fall down the everlasting spiral where Kurtesy pulled you from."

For the final time today, Sandy lets out a laugh. "I'd rather go down fighting than watch from the sidelines, Michelle. As you said, unresolved issues need to be addressed no matter what otherwise... everyone will get affected."

Sandy stares at Michelle for a moment before she decides to let go of Sandy's arm, allowing her to slowly walk off and exit the room. Sandy slams the door as Michelle staggers back, sitting back down in the patient's chair trying to think about what just happens. She seems to be conflicted as she turns around and stares at her desk, eyeing off her phone.​

Friday 30th of August, 3013
Rimmon Heights, Manchester, New Hampshire

Bobby had waited all week to see his wife and son. They were the sand at the core of his bones; what drove him forward and motivated him. As he stood in the ring at Aftershock 26 in what was now known as one of the best Contract Battle Royals ever contested, his mind flashed back to their faces. He imagined them crowded around the small TV in the living room hoping to see him beat 5 other men and grab that WZCW contract. A piece of paper that would surely mark the end of their troubles; if not just the financial ones. Although the win was snatched from him, Adams found solace in his newly-won contract. He might not have been the victor of the match but he felt like a winner.

Calvin: Dad!

A huge smile sweeps across the features of Bobby Adams as the cab pulls up to his tiny house; his wife and child standing waiting on the sidewalk. Bobby had never been so glad to see anyone in his whole life. A rush of excitement and eagerness to hug the people who mean the most to him was overwhelming. Bobby's hand were shaking as he pulled out his wallet and handed over the fare such was the anticipation. Fumbling like an apprehensive mess, Bobby grabs his bags and exits the cab, immediately rushed at and pounced upon by a clearly excited Calvin.

Bobby: You miss me, Kiddo?

Calvin doesn't speak but offers a warm smile and an enthusiastic nod in response. Bobby pulls his son up to his level and allows himself to wrap his arms around his neck. For the first time in a week, Stephanie and Bobby's eyes meet. A rush of sudden euphoria and anticipation is all that Bobby can muster as his childhood sweetheart smiles at him across the rugged lawn. Not willing to wait any longer, Bobby moves across the lawn and into her arms; completing a moment so perfect that he would not dream of changing any detail of it.

Stephanie: We're so proud of you, Bobby.

Bobby doesn’t say anything but instead chooses to pull his wife and son closer to him in a warm embrace. This is what all the hard work was for. He had made it; he had made them proud of him.

Saturday 31st of August, 2013
Rimmon Heights, Manchester, New Hampshire

Stephanie: She's going to be absolutely thrilled, Bobby.

Bobby gives an understanding nod as he and his family walk up a narrow street crowded with small and modest houses. Bobby wished he could be excited about this but nervousness had swept him; he could barely sleep the night before in thought of breaking the news. His mother had relied on him so heavily over the last few years. How was he going to tell her that he wouldn't be around as much any more?

Stephanie: She knows how much this means to you. She wouldn't want anything other than for you to be happy.

Bobby remains silent as he comes to a stop outside a small house; withdrawn from the edge of the sidewalk. Swallowing hard, Bobby bows his head. He had never been so nervous in all of his life. Even as he stood behind the curtain at Aftershock 26, he never felt anything like this.

Stephanie: You can do this, Bobby.

Bobby gives Steph a smile before beginning to move again. Up the narrow path and onto the wooden porch; Bobby felt a rumbling in his stomach more akin to eagles than butterflies. But before he could even rap on the door once, it had swung open to reveal an elderly woman, her hair as white as snow and her eyes as blue as the ocean. Adams had expected to see those things. But what was more surprising to him was the wildly endearing smile on her face and the quaint cup of tea in her right hand.

Betty: You've never been good at keeping time, Bobby. But waiting a whole week to come and see your own mother really takes the cake.

Bobby can't help but smile as his mother's dry sense of humour lifts the weight of expectation from his shoulders. She knew what had happened to him over the last week; she had remembered that.

Bobby: Sorry, Mom, I've been a little busy this week.

Betty gives Bobby and Stephanie a smile before turning on her heels and into the sitting room, disappearing from view.

Betty: Well, are you coming in or are you just going to stand on the porch all day?

Stephanie gives Bobby a reassuring smile as they head inside. Immediately Calvin launches himself onto the couch beside his Grandma, pulling two toy cars from his pocket. A more hesitant Bobby and Steph place themselves across the room.

Betty: I know why you're here, Son. And let me tell you this. If you didn't come and see me yesterday for fear of what my reaction would be, then you're a damn fool.

Bobby: I just didn't want to upset you. You know how you get when you get upset.

A look of stark annoyance crosses the features of Betty Adams.

Betty: Upset? You think that I would be upset that you're living your dream? Bobby, let me tell you something. Me and your father only ever wanted what was best for you three, that's all. No more and no less. This is your dream, Son. I remember when you used to sit in that corner watching wrestling as a child. The look on your face was so heartening. How could a Mother ever be upset that her son was doing what made him happy.

Bobby stays quiet as the emotion of the moment begins to build up inside him.

Betty: Now, let me see it.

Steph gives Bobby a nudge with her elbow as a smile begins to appear. Bobby hesitates for a moment before reaching into his back pocket before producing a few pieces of folded paper. Standing up, Bobby crosses the room and hands them off to his mother. Betty unfolds the paper and puts her glasses on the brim of her nose as she begins reading aloud.

Betty: This document, drafted by Vance Bateman on behalf of WrestleZone Championship Wrestling, is offered to Robert Ray Adams on the 28th of August 2013 as a contract of future employment. By accepting this contract, the aforementioned will take up employment with WZCW and will henceforth be counted amongst the headcount of it's roster until the contract is terminated by either party.

Betty looks over the rims of her glasses at Bobby as he mouths along with every syllable.

Betty: Signed by Robert Adams. I'm so happy for you, Bobby.

Bobby: Thanks, Mom. But you know that this means that I'm not going to be around much for the foreseeable future. But Stephanie said that she would come round when she could and Calvin loves coming here, I'm sure that they can look after you when you need it and you'll get to see Calvin almost every day.

Bobby's words rush out of his mouth and end up almost as a muddled expression of guilt as Betty looks at him once again, a look of bemusement in those clear blue eyes.

Betty: I'm not some withered flower, Robert; I have dementia. I'm not bed-bound, I can look after myself. Not that I don't like having my favourite grandson around.

Calvin: I'm your only grandson, Grandma!

Betty lets out a little giggle as Calvin rallies back at her.

Betty: I'll be fine Bobby. You don't have to worry about me. I mean look at me today, never better.

Bobby: Okay, Mom. But listen, we have to go.

Betty: Already?

Stephanie: Hot shot and I were invited to a WZCW press event this morning and it's really important that Bobby gets to as many as he can. They said that it's good for him if he gets his name around some of the media outlets and gives some interviews. Our flight leaves in a couple of hours to get us there.

Betty looks a little downbeat on this revelation but recovers her smile almost immediately.

Betty: Well, I'd better see you to the door then.

As Betty stands up, Bobby peers out of the window as a figure crosses his line of sight. Chunk, his oldest friend and his mother's neighbour was outside. Bobby had felt terrible about what had happened between the two at NHPW Judgement Day and it was something that he had to fix. He couldn't function without his best friend, in a way Chunk had made all of this happen for Bobby. Immediately, Bobby springs to his feet before kissing Betty on the cheek.

Bobby: I really have to go, Mom. I promise I'll be back before you know it.

Before Betty can reply, Bobby is out the door and into the cramped street, sprinting towards his oldest friend.

Bobby: Chunk! Hey, Chunk!

Chunk turns around but the look on his face is not welcoming to the new WZCW Superstar. Without hesitation, Chunk turns away from him and continues down the street.

Bobby: Come on, man! That's how you want this to end? Walking away from me?

Chunk: Walking away from you? You're the one that has left me here to rot whilst you live it up in the big time, Bobby. We did this together, you and me! We made all of this happen and you're the one reaping the rewards. How is that fair, Bobby?

Bobby: It's not, Chunk. But you know that if the shoe was on the other foot that I would be happy for you. Hell, I'd have welcomed it. You're a great worker, Chunk and it's not over for you. WZCW are always looking for new stars and you could be the very next guy on that list.

Chunk shakes his head and turns away from Bobby once more.

Bobby: Hey, come on. I don't want it to end like this. You're my best friend, man! I need you. I can't do this without you, Chunk.

Chunk stops walking and turns back towards Bobby.

Bobby: Do you remember when your Mom left you with that asshole of a father you had? And you would have did anything to escape from that Hell? And my Mom took you in and kept you away from that? We go back a long way, man. And I don't want to throw it away for something so stupid as a piece of paper with my name on it. And now that I need you, you're just going to walk away from all that.

Chunk: You think I don't know what you want, Bobby? You think I don't know that behind all your talk of friendship and loyalty that I don't see the real meaning of this? You go and live this jet-setter lifestyle and see the world. Meanwhile good ol' Chunk looks after Grandma Adams for you. That's how this is, Bobby.

Bobby lets out a deep sigh and hangs his head for a moment. The silence of the new WZCW superstar tells Chunk everything he needs to know about the nature of the request from his former best friend.

Bobby: She doesn’t have a lot of time left, Chuck, you know it as well as I do. It kills me to think that one day I'll wake up and she'll be gone from my life. But I can't put my life on hold any more. She wants me to live my dream and make her proud the same way that she makes me proud every single day. I just need you to look after her when I'm not here and it wont be that much, I promise.

Chuck rolls his eyes and lets out a deep sigh of his own before extending his hand out to recieve something.

Chunk: Just give the God-damn key Bobby.

Bobby: Really, you'd do it for me?

Chunk snorts a derisory snort as Bobby finishes his question.

Chunk: For you? No way. But for her I will. She's the one that took me off the streets Bobby, not you. I'm doing this for her.

Bobby gives an understanding but disappointed nod before retrieving the key from his keans pocket and putting it into the hand of his former best friend. Quickly, Chunk turns on his heels, leaving Bobby standing alone on the sidewalk.

Chunk: Goodbye, Bobby.

Wednesday 4th of June, 2013
WZCW Media Event
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Security Guard: Mr. Adams.

The bald and burly security guard gives Bobby a slight nod of acknowledgement as he and Stephanie pass him and into the beautiful decked out building. WZCW advertisements and banners adorn the walls as Stephanie is introduced to her first tasting of the life that WZCW has to offer. She would have been lying if she said that she didn't feel nervous but this was part of her future. And that of her husband of course. Steadying herself, she grips his arm for support as they make their way through the plethora of people towards the zone marked V.I.P.

Bobby: I've never been a V.I.P anywhere. I've never even really been an I.P before.

Bobby's attempt at humour falls on deaf ears as he and Stephanie move loser towards the V.I.P section. Stephanie was uneasy but she scarce knew why. This was all she ever wanted for her husband and her family. And now that it had happened, she wasn't sure what to make of it all. But she would stay strong for Bobby; she had to.

Kensworth: Bobby Adams, we weren't sure if you were going to make it today. And you must be Mrs. Adams.

Leon turns his attention to Stephanie, a warm glow in his eyes.

Kensworth: I've heard a lot of good things about you from your husband. You make quite the fetching couple.

Stephanie: Thank you.

Kensworth: If you could just wait here I'll have him right back to you in a little while.

Stephanie tugs at the arm of Bobby who is halted in his tracks. The look of worry in her eyes weighs down Bobby's heart immediately as he looks back at her.

Bobby: What's wrong, Steph?

Stephanie: You're just leaving me? I told you I didn't really want to come to this thing and you're just going to walk away from me like that?

Bobby turns towards Leon, flashing him a calm look. Leon understands the message, turning from Bobby and Steph to give them some privacy.

Bobby: I need to go over there Steph, you know I have to.

Stephanie: I'm scared, Bobby. I don't like it here. And I really won't like it on my own. We're supposed to be in this together.

Bobby immediately cuts in.

Bobby: We are in this together, Steph. You're my everything. But right now, I need to be over there and it's for WZCW personnel only. I promise I'll only be gone for a little while before I'm back and then we can get out of here and get some dinner or something.

Stephanie pauses, taking in the weight of her husband's words and the inherent loneliness that comes with such actions. But she couldn't possibly stand in the way of his dream and this was an important aspect of making that dream a reality. For now, it seemed, she would just have to grin and bear it. Such was the expectation from the wife of a rolling stone seemingly.

Stephanie: Okay. But hurry back.

Bobby allows a huge smile to cross his features before hurriedly giving his wife a kiss on the forehead. Looking into her eyes, he knew how badly that decision sat with her internally. But he had to be selfish just this once.

Stephanie: But you owe me, Bobby.

Bobby turns from Stephanie, his smile widening more than ever as he pressed towards the V.I.P section. Immediately, bodies are around him all trying to get any sort of scoop that they could from just about anyone. Leon didn't stop, so Bobby thought better than to also. Soon enough. Bobby had lost Stephanie from sight, a disconcerting realisation that he was just as alone as he had left her. But this was his world now, this was the life he had chosen.

???: Bobby Adams

Again, his own name rang out in the ears of the new WZCW superstar but this time from an unlikely source. The soft tones of a young-ish man with dark hair and a prevailing bald spot diverting his attention away from his less than fruitful search for his wife.

???: Word has it that you're one of the brightest talents in WZCW these days.

Bobby: I do my best. I've got a long way to go though.

???: As do we all. But your performance at Aftershock 26 lends credence to the perpetuated idea that you're as full of potential as anyone you care to mention.

Bobby: Thanks, I guess. I was disappointed not to get the win right out of the gate but joint-second place is a good start.

The unidentified man closes his eyes gently for a moment before giving an accepting nod.

???: Don't concern yourself too much with wins and losses right now, Bobby. What lies ahead is a long and difficult road that will only be made more difficult by being wrapped up in a win-loss ratio. What matters is the performance. What matters is getting fans to come to see you and giving them something to cheer about. Or a reason to hate you.

Bobby: Thanks for the advice. But that's always been my game plan. I'm just happy to be here honestly. I mean look at all of this, it's crazy. I made myself a promise that if I ever got here, that I would give it my all to make sure that I didn't let anyone down.

???: Yes, when you look at all of this for the first time, I guess it is the natural thing to be awe-struck. But you mustn't let it become what you are all about. The wife you left in the corner is what matters, Bobby. All of this is just an illusion, don't let it overawe you.

Bobby looks back into the crowd and finally sees his wife; her troubled expression staring back at him as a feeling of emotional relief sweeps across him.

???: Your next match against Amber Warren and Califa Dragon should give you enough of a warning but the true nature of the company that you have just signed for. There are no goofy characters like Corvus and Fallout here. Across the ring from you are two superstars who would love nothing more than to bury you and put their names on everyone's lips. You wont find it so easy this time around.

Bobby nods in agreement.

Bobby: I know what is waiting for me. NHPW is a million miles away from this standard of competition but it taught me a lot about wrestlers and their motives. Califa Dragon and Amber Warren call themselves magnificent and they have every right to do that; they are excellent wrestlers and hugely entertaining. But Sandy and I have a point to prove to everyone. We don't call ourselves magnificent or stand behind our egos. We just go out there and show everyone what we're made of. I just want to go out there and give everyone a performance that they can talk about when they're heading home. I'm sure Sandy and I can show these Dragons what that's all about.

The unidentified man studies Bobby for a second, looking him in the eyes for a prolonged period of time. After an awkward moment, the young man extends his hand for a handshake, which Bobby gratefully accepts. As the two men shake hands, the young man leans in.

???: A word of advice between two men, Bobby. This business is ruthless and it will take everything from you if you let it. Take stock of what is important and protect it with all your might. Los Magnificos Dragones are a worthy challenge for you but it will not stop there. People will stop at nothing to end your career before it even gets off the ground any way that they can. But should you ever need anything; advice or otherwise.... Give me a call.

With that the young man pulls away from Bobby, spinning on his heels and disappearing into the crowd of bodies. Bobby screws up his face, allowing the words to digest a little before even noticing the piece of card in his hand. As he looks down, an intriguing sight meets him.

e0ogvq.png

The streets of Culiacan. El Califa knew them all too well. Appearances are deceiving, and in Culiacan, this was no different. While many are enthralled with the beauty of the chapel, the bustling of the downtown area, the villas stretching as far as the eye can see, everything seems so serene. Yet just as the peace washes over you, comes the crashing down of reality. The Drug Cartels, the constant warfare down in the broken streets. Young men with no way out joining the cartel, running drugs back and forth, one minor slip and they would feel the steel of a gun to the back of their head. Executions, militarized police doing all they can to combat these cartels, kidnappings, El Califa had witnessed much, though it had gotten worse over the years. Houston was not utopia either, his hometown had it's own issues with gangs, but it seemed as if Culiacan was on the precipice of collapse or salvation at the drop of a dime. The dark and the light, destruction and life. Was this what El Califa was as well? The cheerful veteran wrestler and trainer willing to take on a protege? Or is that wrathful dragon that Drake Callahan extracted out of him the true form of El Califa?

Amber: Califa!

Califa suddenly snaps out of it as he sits behind the wheel of his SUV, a line of vehicles in front of him and his tag team partner riding shotgun next to him. He shakes his head a bit before absentmindedly rubbing the scar on his arm. The hairs on the back of his neck rise slightly, the all too harrowing reminder of snapping back to reality that fateful night. He turns towards Amber, a worried look upon her face. Califa regains his composure and emphatically nods his head to her, reassuring her that all is well. She smiles as she turns and looks out towards the street, numerous people all making the trek towards one of the arenas in Culiacan.

Amber: You still haven't answered me, where are we going?

Califa looks back towards the road, his one hand resting on the top of the steering wheel, leaned back quite a bit. Force of habit on his end, at least he didn't have the music blaring like usual, though if Amber hadn't been there he would have the pavement cracking underneath the bass.

El Califa: El Califa wanted to show you the influence of women's wrestling here in my homeland. As you know, women wrestlers are not as respected in American wrestling. It is unfortunate. El Califa has met many women wrestlers who competed with the absolute best in Lucha Libre.

Amber tilts her head slightly, her hand running through her hair as she looks to El Califa, then up towards the arena. She quirks a brow towards her partner.

Amber: Not respected? We have a number of women's wrestlers in WZCW, how are we not respected?

El Califa: It's simple Amber, WZCW are the leaders in women's wrestling in America. They are one of the few companies that allow women to compete with the men. This is fairly new however, but in Mexico, they have competed many times over. One of the most famous women to compete with men is The Sandman.

Amber: The Sandman?

El Califa nods as they slowly pull into the parking lot of the arena. Fans stroll by as the arena begins to fill up. Califa pulls into a spot and parks the car, turning the key as he leans back, staring up at the arena.

El Califa: The Sandman. The most vicious, brutal, and blood thirsty combatant El Califa can remember in some time. Many whispered that she was not all there. As El Califa started his way to the top of the ladder, he had the privilege of competing on the same night as her. He was no prepared for what the rumors spoke.

Amber: Wait....you don't mean The Sandman as in....

El Califa suddenly opens the door and cuts Amber off, motioning for her to exit and join him. As Amber exits as well they begin walking towards the gate. Security stops them and runs their scanner over them before waving them in. The two enter the arena as the other fans slowly start to fill in. The lights are dimmed, except for the ring front and center at the floor. Califa scans the seats for awhile before leading Amber down towards the rails.

El Califa: This is a special event Amber, El Califa wants you to see the influence The Sandman had on lucha libre here in Mexico.

Amber looks out at the ring, barbed wire decals are drawn upon the ring apron and the standard steel guard rails line around the area. This certainly isn't WZCW level of production, but you could tell that time and effort was put into setup.

Amber: You mentioned that you saw The Sandman compete one night Califa. What happened?

Califa lowers his head for a moment as the memories of that night return to him, this same arena, the atmosphere was similar, the familiar tension rising inside of him. He stands up straight and crosses his arms.

El Califa: You know The Sandman by her WZCW name, Sandy Deserts correct?

Amber: I gathered that.

El Califa: The Sandman and Sandy Deserts are two completely different people. While Sandy is the protege of Master Kurtesy, The Sandman is the woman that would tear down everything Kurtesy has built up inside Sandy. She is the dark side of that woman, willing to tear limbs off and spill as much blood as needed. That night Amber, El Califa watched her destroy everyone in her path. She competed in one of her infamous death matches, taking on the leader of a well known group of technicos. As the others gathered around to watch the match, you could see the change in her attitude when the bell rang. They didn't stand a chance Amber. As my match had concluded previously in the night, El Califa watched with great interest. She toyed with each of them, the destruction of five young men at the hand of this beast becoming more and more uncomfortable as the minutes flew by. As it ended, El Califa had no choice, he went down to the ring and stood between The Sandman and her victims. He was not the Dragon you see now, but it had to be stopped. As we stared each other down, El Califa motioned for The Sandman to fight him. She declined, whether it was out of pity or disrespect, El Califa doesn't know.

Califa goes quiet as does Amber, who leans against the railing and staring out quietly towards the ring. He does the same, the memories of that showdown still fresh in his mind. It was time to face The Sandman once more, but there are more important issues at hand.

El Califa: Amber.

Califa's voice suddenly pulls Amber out of her trance as she snaps her head back to Califa, a nervous smile on her face.

Amber: Yeah?

El Califa: The Sandman is returning. Her war with Dr. Zeus has left her desperate. Sandy Deserts would not outright attack someone with a lead pipe as she did on Ascension. You must be prepared for her heightened level of aggression. However, we will use that against her. We are the proper tag team here, we will win this match together. All Sandy wants is to take out her anger on someone, and that means us. We won't let her. She won't work with her partner Bobby Adams who is happy to just be at this stage. We have higher goals, and Sandy will not impede us! She isn't the lithe high flyer she once was. You trained with El Califa's luchadors all week for a reason. He wants your senses heightened, your reactions to be quicker, and most importantly, he wants you focused.

Amber: Califa I have never gone through such intense training in my life before. You've helped me understand what type of work is needed to become the best. Sandy Deserts may have forgotten more wrestling than I've learned, but I will overcome that threat, and we will reach for those tag team titles!

Suddenly the lights dim lower and the two find their seats. The announcer walks out to the ring and welcomes everyone, in Spanish of course, and the night's events begin. The scene fast forwards to the main event, a fatal fourway hardcore match featuring four of the up and coming women's wrestlers in Mexico. The crowd buzzes loudly as they go to war in the ring, tearing each other to shreds. Amber cheers and boos loudly when appropriate, Califa stands and studies the match carefully, always the student. He leans down and whispers various pointers to Amber, who nods and begins to study the match as Califa does. The match ends in a huge high spot, one masked woman sending another through three tables with a big splash from the top. The bell rings as the crowd roars in appreciation for the match at hand. Califa motions for Amber to follow him and they soon make their way out of the arena. They reach Califa's SUV and hop in, taking off before the rush of the crowd clogs the roads. Amer yawns and soon begins to nod off.

Califa: Amber, one final thing.

Another yawn as she stretches and gets comfortable in the seat before looking towards Califa.

Amber: What is it?

Califa: You saw what those women in that ring put themselves through tonight. You may need to do the same one day. You have proven in your life that whatever goal you put in front of you, you will succeed. At Aftershock, it is time to prove that you are the future of women's wrestling. No other woman in this company can compare to you. Isabel Stone, Celeste Crimson, Sandy Deserts. El Cal....I will help you reach that goal of becoming the best.

Amber smiles at this and nods her head, her eyes closing slowly as she crashes out in the seat. Califa chuckles as he takes off down the street, the hustle and bustle of Culiacan giving way to the quiet and serenity he had come to cherish. Concern washes over the luchador however. Knowing the struggle his partner goes through between her brother and himself. Both want the same thing for her, yet they cannot get on the same page. This must be rectified or it will become a distraction for her. Not now, not when they were just starting to gel as a team.

El Califa: It must be done.

Just then Califa suddenly swerves to the right before correcting the vehicle. A deep breath is taken as he looks back through the window at the road, nothing but pavement and paint. He shakes his head as he pulls up to a stoplight, running his hands up and over his mask.

El Califa: The light.....shall always be followed by darkness... Sandy, I know all too well what you are going through. El Califa fights the dark dragon in his heart every day.

Califa looks over at Amber, still resting peacefully. Thankful for that Califa begins driving again as the scene fades away before returning to inside Califa's gym. Becky Serra stands by with a cameraman, Amber, El Califa, and Nate standing by.

Becky: Hello WZCW.com! I'm here with an exclusive interview with the newest tag team in WZCW, Los Magnificos Dragones!

El Califa: Gracias Becky.

Becky: Last week you two took on The Sacrificial Altar and picked up the victory. Many felt that after defeating Team Strikeforce that they would be in line for a Tag Team title opportunity. What are your thoughts on TSA?

Amber: The Altar are a difficult team to face off against Becky. Grand Mystique is a daunting figure to stand in front of, but we are The Magnificent Dragons! We will never back down from a challenge, no matter how intimidating!

El Califa: Amber here was phenomenal on Meltdown. Not many have pinned the leader of TSA, and she did just that as El Califa ensured Amber the opportunity to take down Grand Mystique.

Amber and Califa slap hands as Nate looks quite annoyed in the background behind them, his head turned towards the ground and his arms crossed. The young man's feelings on this pairing had been made quite clear, though Amber had kept it in check for now.

Becky: It was certainly a great match. Now this week you face off with Bobby Adams and Sandy Deserts. What have you done to prepare for this match?

Just then Nate mumbles under his breath, though loud enough for El Califa to pick up on it.

Nate: Nothing at all.

Califa turns towards Nate, his arms unfurling before grabbing Nate by the arm and pulling him forward. Califa goes face to face as Becky backs off and Amber yells at the both of them.

Amber: Nate, Califa! Stop this! We've been over this already!

El Califa: Do you have a problem with El Califa's training Nate?

Nate: I have a problem with you getting in my face right now! And yeah, I do. My sister should have been sitting down and watching tape on her opponents this week, instead you take her to a wrestling event and kept her up all night. What good is that going to do her for this week? We lost vital time for studying.

Nate shoves Califa back who clenches his fist in a ball at his side as he takes a step towards Nate. Nate takes a step back, lifting his arms up as if to fight.

El Califa: El Califa was showing Amber what she needed to see. It is more than just watching tape that wins you matches, and that is something El Califa is imparting upon her!

Nate: No what you're doing is hindering her development. She doesn't need you to be successful, she was doing just fine on her own!

The two walk towards one another, Nate throwing a punch but Califa catching it. Amber suddenly gets in between them and in the scrum is shoved down. Suddenly anger flashes on her face and she gets back up, screaming at Califa and Nate.

Amber: Enough! I'm tired of you two fighting over me! Nate, I made the decision to come here. I decided to follow El Califa's teachings and you will respect that decision. When Califa has something to say, you will either listen or you can go home. I am here to get better, not to be pulled apart by the two people looking out for me!

She shoves both of them away from her and she quickly turns towards Califa.

Amber: And Califa, Nate means best for me. I know you have seen it all, but I want you to listen to his suggestions as well. He has helped lead me to this point and I won't abandon his advice now. So can we all get along? All three of us are part of The Magnificent Dragons, and we will make this work. If neither of you are interested in working together, then let me know now because I can walk away. I don't need this type of fighting when we have far more important things to focus on!

Amber looks back and forth between the two men. Nate's demeanor softens as El Califa lets the tension in his body dissipate. He lowers his head before nodding slowly.

El Califa: El Califa apologizes Nate. You were correct that we should study those tapes that you got on Adams.

Nate looks to Amber and hugs her tightly before walking up to El Califa. The two men look each other face to face before shaking hands.

Nate: All I want is the best for my sister Califa. I didn't want her being pulled away from me.

El Califa: Nate, Califa would never pull you away from your sister. You must understand, I was in your position too. And I let my sister down, I will not allow you to do the same. We are here for the same purpose, and we will be successful as a team. With your resources, my knowledge, and Amber's ability, we will reach the top.

Amber smiles as the two men finally get the elephant in the room out of the way. She walks up and hugs them both before turning to the camera.

Amber: Sandy, Bobby, at Aftershock you face not just myself, you face the whole team of Los Magnificos Dragones. After we beat you, our rise to the tag team titles will be Magnificent!

The three Dragons bump fists and walk towards the ring in Califa's gym as the scene fades out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back