Adele

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
ITT Adele appreciation

So for the first time in probably about 10 years, I got into an artist I heard on the local top 40 radio station. I heard "Rollin' in the Deep," and I loved the fucking shit out of it. Searched up her other songs, and discovered that "Set Fire to the Rain" is probably one of my favorite songs this year.

So let's talk about Adele.

-Videos
-Songs
-Interviews
-Live concerts
-Opinions

Bonus: Linkin Park's cover of Rollin' in the Deep:

As a testament to how fucking good Adele is, Linkin Park, who rarely does covers of anyone else's songs, ever, did one.

I am not a fan of Adele, but I can appreciate how talented she is as a singer. That girl definitely has some lungs on her, and I am glad the someone with genuine talent is dominating the charts (the UK at least, I am unsure of her US success), rather than one of the interchangeable shitty dance or R'n'B acts that have taken over the airwaves in recent years.

Adele is selling records at an incredible rate over here, her latest album was number 1 for weeks (it may even still be number 1...), so you have to respect her success. At first I found her voice to be very mournful and depressing, and really did not like her song "Someone like you", but the more I hear it, and believe me I hear it alot as we have the radio on at work all day, it has grown on me, and now I quite like it. Even though she will never be an artist I go out and by an album by, I can see why she is doing so well, she has an awesome voice.

Good luck to Adele, she is proving that genuine talent can make you a success, and that you don't need to be a stick thin beautiful model to achieve great things in the music industry, which is a refreshing thing to see.

Haven't heard much of Adele's songs but my sister kept playing 'Set fire to the rain' the last two or three days.

I didn't pay much attention at first but I like it now.

She's got a good voice and like Triple Naitch said -

I am glad the someone with genuine talent is dominating the charts (the UK at least, I am unsure of her US success), rather than one of the interchangeable shitty dance or R'n'B acts that have taken over the airwaves in recent years.

[YOUTUBE]CPRIpLYLhGY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Just looked up a few Interview's with Adele and most of the comments were about how 'common' and 'real/natural' she is.

An about how much they love her laugh. Lol. xD

Much like Naitch, I'm not actually an Adele fan, but I appreciate how much of a good artist she is. When I'm not a fan of someone, I don't believe they can't sing or anything like that, it's just that she's not my kind of artist. But this girl can sing and she's just natural & herself. I read she was asked to lose weight, because they thought it would make her more "marketable", but she refused & said she wanted to be herself. Good for her I say.

But yeah, as much as I'm not a fan of her music, I do really appreciate her talents.

"Set Fire To The Rain" is getting a ton of airplay, but it isn't even her version, it's a dance remix. Her "Someone Like You" single irritated me, first time you hear you can appreciate talent, but Jesus, hear it seven or eight times and you're like, "Why do people like this?"

I stand with what two others said, she has talent, doubt anyone can question that but I just can't get into her music. The dance version of "Fire To The Rain" is an addictive track, maybe due to that I can get into her more, but what shes released doesn't do much for me. And I'm not as much of an LP fan as I once was as I can't even be bothered to listen to the cover.

Singing sensation Adele says she is "heartbroken" at the prospect of losing her voice after being diagnosed with a vocal cord haemorrhage. The 23-year-old star, one of the world's best-selling performers, pulled out a ten-date US tour as doctors ordered her to take time off or risk losing her voice for ever. "Singing is my life. Wanting to do something so bad and not being able to is the most frustrating thing." she said. - Daily Mail.

Wow, that's gotta suck for all the Adele fans out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back