Adebayor: Did he go to far?

Blade

"Original Blade"
Any fans of english football know that the biggest story right now is Adebayor's actions in Man City's game against Arsenal.
Adebayor seemingly stomped on the hand of Van Persie when Van Persie went in for a tackle. There has been debate on whether or not it was deliberate.
But the action that really got people talking was when Adebayor scored. He ran the length of the pitch and celebrated in front the furious Arsenal fans.

[YOUTUBE]261syYTxn2c&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, so he had a bad time when he was in Arsenal, with the fans disrepespecting him and such. But now that he's finally away from that, surely he should be happy rather than bitter? Running the whole length of the pitch just to rub the goal in the Arsenal fans' faces does seem like the actions of a bitter man.
I personally think it was very immature on his part. The goal could've been enough for his retribution, but he had to take it one step further.

What do you guys think? Too far?

He went way to far. He rightly got booked for his celebration... but to be honest (and I know this won't be very popular with any Arsenal fans here) I found it absolutely hilarious! His celebration sparked a mini riot with the travelling Arsenal supporters and he will come to regret his celebration when Manchester City travel down to the Emirates, cause he is gunna get boo'd right out of the building.

Still, funny as though! :D

The celebration wasn't the worst thing. The stamp to Van Persie's head is what was bad. There was a definite flick towards Van Persie, and anyone who said RVP was faking at it needs to only look at the blood coming from the Dutch striker's head. He is rightly getting banned for that.

As for the celebration, it was slightly over the top. Running the whole length of the pitch to do it was the problem. If it was in front of the Arsenal fans he scored then it's understandable. The Arsenal fans were giving him stick, but the fact he scored was payback enough. Still, Adebayor owes his well being to them stewards who held back the Gooner fans.

When I made that post, I didn't realise that Van Persie was stomped on by Adebayor. Now that I've seen the incident, I'm more than happy to see him get banned. It was sick and the Arsenal fans whole-heartedly had the right to give him shit. Again as I said, when Manchester City travel down to The Emirates stadium for their away game against Arsenal, Adebayor is gunna have to hire his own private army... he's gunna need it.

david-lemi-celebra_1482971c.jpg

David Lemi celebrates by giving the fingers to his former club Bath. He got a 'slp on the wrist' this was the same weekend, yet the media etc are going way OTT with Ade's celebration. Big deal, they need to get over it, worse things happen and go unpunished.

first of all, the stamp was so stupid, he's lucky van persie didn't get blinded or anything, and he seems like a dick so fuck him. the celebration was a bit confrontational but i gather the arsenal fans gave him ALOT of shit last season so i would have done the same if i were him, and i kinda like arsenal so yeah.

The Stamp was flat out wrong in my opinion. If he had done that in the street, he'd have been arrested.

As for running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans, I don't blame him. If you are being abused by a crowd for a whole game, if an entire section of people are chanting horrible things directed personally at you, and then you score a goal against their team, You have every right to rub it in their face. Footballers are not payed to be abused like that, and if they score against a team whose fans are ********s towards them, don't blame them for wanting to throw some back.

david-lemi-celebra_1482971c.jpg

David Lemi celebrates by giving the fingers to his former club Bath. He got a 'slp on the wrist' this was the same weekend, yet the media etc are going way OTT with Ade's celebration. Big deal, they need to get over it, worse things happen and go unpunished.

Simply cos no one gives a flying fuck about rugby in the country unless the national team are involved and rightly so. How many little kids saw the rugby match? Barely a hundred is my guess. How many saw Adebayor? Over a million.

Comparing a lesser sport, in a minority competition to the Premier League can't be done. The FA have got to be seen clamping down on it or they'll be getting bad press about letting the players be bad role models.

As it is, I don't see that it's a big problem, the celebration. It was stupid, and he apologised for it so it's finished. The stamp is a completely different matter. He was rightly banned for three games. The stamp is the main problem. Not the celebration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back