• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Adding a prize to the Andre Battle Royal

What stipulation would you like to see added to the ATGMBR?

• Future title shot (IC or US)

• Get out of a match free

• Match of their choice

• It's fine the way it is. I don't really care about this match.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheICChampion

The hardcore casual fan
IF WWE decides to bring the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal back this year, I think it should be more than just a trophy as the reward for winning and make it actually seem interesting and hopefully do what it was supposed to do for Cesaro last year, put the superstar who wins it over. Therefore, I'm posting this poll to ask what you think the added prize should be.

Future title shot

No, I don't mean like Money in the Bank, where you can "cash in" on a weakened/injured WWE Champion. I mean the superstar who wins it can determine whether they wish to challenge for the IC/US title and when. But they must give a minimum of 2-3 weeks notice to build for a decent match and feud. This could be ideal for either a face or heel.

Get out of a match free

This is ideal for a heel. Now, this could be a good way to build heat if people want to see someone get beat. The superstar who wins the Battle Royal can choose to, on a RAW or Smackdown only, use this free pass to get out of a match if, say, they have a title shot or big match coming up for a PPV and don't wish to risk getting injured or damaged beforehand.

Stipulation of their choice

So this, again, can be beneficial to faces or heels. The winner of the Battle Royal can choose to change a match they're in to have any stipulation they wish, such as No-DQ, Falls Count Anywhere, or the opponent must have one arm tied behind their back, etc. This can be used on any show.

Or..

Keep it the way it is, I have no interest in this match anyway

Pretty self-explanatory.

So, what do you guys think? Would adding any of these increase interest in this match? What did you pick and why? Is there anything else you'd like to see? Some other stipulation you can think of? Let me know.

Leave it as just the trophy. I'd rather see feuds come out of it rather than another title defense. You have the RR, MITB and the rematch stipulation so too many freebie title shots.

There is another option that could be brought out and it is one that harks back to older pro wrestling things (so it is not really an option in current WWE) that is a Kayfabe monetary prize. Put over that it is a nice bonus, $5000 - $10,000. It puts over the importance of winning matches in a way, they could even drag that into the main show and say that winning gets a bonus to the pay for the night. Old school booking ideas still work if done cleverly.

How about entry into the MITB match. Yeah i know there is a few months gap but it could be ideal to build up a guy. They don't neccesarily have to win the MITB but it adds some extra importance.

I hate the idea that everything needs some grand payoff. Leave the Andre Battle as it is and build the honor of bringing home the trophy. If that in turn sparks a push or run towards the top then great. When you start adding these prize stipulations it holds down the creative process. The Andre Battle Royal is a nice way for the mid/lower card talents to get active during WM season. The kick off to that build tonight on Raw was great.

The Andre Battle Royal should absolutely have a special prize for its winner. What exactly did Cesaro get last year? A stupid trophy that Swagger destroyed. The winner of the match should receive an Intercontinental Championship or US Championship match later on in the evening. Have the Andre Battle Royal go on first. The winner would then (kayfabe) have to make his decision on which belt he wants to enter the match for. This would make the new annual tradition more special and it would help the midcard belts receive some needed attention too. If all the winners get is an ugly trophy, then what's the point? Remember The Bragging Rights Trophy? Yeah, the trophy Cesaro got last year mattered about as much as that in the grand scheme of things and the only memorable moment was when Swagger destroyed it. Cesaro deserved better and so will this year's winner if he gets nothing else out of it.

A title shot is enough of a reward. US, IC or even tag-team title, I don't think he needs to be specified. The trophy is cool and so is the actual victory at Wrestlemania but it would be way more interesting to see a prize for the winner. Plus, it forces the WWE to go somewhere after Mania.

A title shot is enough of a reward. US, IC or even tag-team title, I don't think he needs to be specified. The trophy is cool and so is the actual victory at Wrestlemania but it would be way more interesting to see a prize for the winner. Plus, it forces the WWE to go somewhere after Mania.

The bolded part is the primary thing here.

I am unsure as to why, after it happened with KOR and MITB, it has taken more than a year to figure out you should put a special title match stip or reward on it.

I don't think anyone disagrees that there should be a bigger prize to the Battle Royal at WrestleMania. The only sticking point is making it work from a natural standpoint. And while Cesaro really had the world at his feet after WrestleMania last year, the WWE just didn't know what the hell to do with him and the win.

For me, it should be as simple as a Championship shot. Fill the match with people who are right on the cusp of getting there and see how they do. In the end, it is going to be a lot like another Royal Rumble though, so that idea looks as though it won't be happening any time soon.

The match itself is a nice idea but only if you can capitalise on it. Without the added bonus of a guaranteed title shot, this match will always run the risk of going the way it did last year unfortunately.

Without the added bonus of a guaranteed title shot, this match will always run the risk of going the way it did last year unfortunately.

Yeah but no amount of title shots were going to save Cesaro from the hamstring job they did to him by not making him a face immediately the next night. People wanted to cheer him, and when he became a "Heyman guy" they didn't know what to do.

As for the battle royal, I bring up a previous point I've made. If so many people are clamoring for a return of KOTR, an honor that did not always bring with it a title shot, then why aren't bragging rights enough for this as well? A title shot should not be necessary for a good storyline. Most people around here can understand this. They just need to put some effort into their writing. And yes, I laughed a little after typing that sentence.

That said, if you're going to give a title shot for it, a mid card title is easily the way to go. There's already enough freebies for the WWEWHC.

There is another option that could be brought out and it is one that harks back to older pro wrestling things (so it is not really an option in current WWE) that is a Kayfabe monetary prize. Put over that it is a nice bonus, $5000 - $10,000. It puts over the importance of winning matches in a way, they could even drag that into the main show and say that winning gets a bonus to the pay for the night. Old school booking ideas still work if done cleverly.

They could do something more and make the prize something as large as $100,000 dollars, and the winner of the match could appear on Raw/SD the next week dressed in a more "flashy" style, like The Rock did with his $5,000 dollar shirts back in the late 90's. If they were looking to freshen up the winner's gimmick, this could be an option to look at. It wouldn't work for everyone though, but it would work for someone like Miz, who already claims to be a "movie star", so making his attire flashier with the $100k bonus could work.

I voted for match of their choice because i didnt read what it actually meant. I think the winner should be able to simply choose a champion of his choice and challenge for the belt, kind of what they had for the winner of not before it became developmental

Many are acting as if a title opportunity would have changed Cesaro's fortunes follow WMXXX. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he go onto receive a number of IC and US title shots? He put forth great efforts in those matches but ultimately failed each time. Nothing would have changed except maybe with a promised title shot he may have never been given the win at WM.

I picked the winner gets a U.S. or I.C. title shot it would help push those belts and the mid card. This could set up some good feuds for mid 2015, say if Sheamus wins he could start a feud with Cena after he wins the U.S. title. BNB could have a feud with Ryback or Neville for the I.C. title, this is just my thoughts it would make for a stronger card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back