• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Abyss tunring into the "Monster"?

CBCS

Dark Match Winner
I sure hope I was taking it the correct way but it seems like the Monster Abyss is back? I sure hope so....His coward acting deal was getting really bad...but if he is going to be the "monster" he has gotta stop wearing those yellow and red spots on his shirts...he looks like a clown.

I am all for him becoming the monster again. I would even like to see him shed the mask and the silly red and yellow all together. I have never been a fan of masks like Mankind or Vader. I never saw the point.

I could see him becoming a bad ass, kind of like when taker went biker. I would like that a lot better.

I can't stand Mankindof, and I hate him even more as this blithering Hogan-ite reincarnation. The guy wears ring attire that looks like he just spilled ketchup and mustard all over himself, or just got back from a pain-ball game.

The music doesn't match, the gimmick doesn't fit a babyface, and he's one of the most unappealing faces there is seeing as he's supposed to be a "monster". Can anyone even name me the last "monster" who was actually a face that people cared about? Great Khali? :lol:

Sorry fellas, but Abyss is abysmal. Like my thread says, they need to take a major mulligan on this one. The monster getting the Hogan rub was a monster mistake.

Yea, I hate Abyss hogan transformation, reminds me of Lord of the Rings, the "Ring" makes him invincible!
TNA has to cut the crap, and lets Abyss be the Monster he used to be.
I was sick of the mentally challenged Abyss, and now im sick of the Hogan-like Abyss.
Seems like TNA is trying to make everyone like some legend.
Why cant TNA be fucking original and have Abyss be his original self.
Im all for seeing Abyss as the Monster Abyss!!!
------------------------------------------------
Because I am the Bliz, and I am AWSOME!!!

Abyss is a joke. I'm supposed to buy this guy as a top guy in TNA? Come on. That Hall of Fame ring angle is beyond dumb. I guess I could buy him as a monster or something. He's done some hardcore shit, but he should never talk and be a heel that hurts people. Either way, he's a joke. So he fits perfectly in TNA.

He might be turning into a monster. But I can't perceive a huge guy as a monster when he's covered in yellow/red splats. He looks like Hogan threw up on him. Abyss cutting promos like Hogan, Hulking up, acting like him, using an old Hogan Theme with the exception of the beginning - Horrible. An absolute joke. And mind you, I love TNA and not a big fan of WWE anymore.

And by the way the chokeslam through the ring thingy was the cheesiest moment in Pro Wrestling. I even saw the person under the ring who ripped the cloth covering the mat for Aj to fall through it after the impact.

Same goes for AJ. Why oh why do we have to see AJ act like flair ( which he does well and is watchable ) and Abyss acting like Hogan ( which he does bad and is not watchable ). We need to see these guys take another step not leap in the 1985 for God sakes.

Unless they're planning for AJ to turn on Flair, hence become the top face in an instant, and AByss to turn on Hogan - this becoming a monster heel, I see no way this is going to work. All of that happening in the future of course.

I find it interesting that some of you think Hogan is to blame for Abyss being so annoying. Sure, Hogan has made it worse, but Abyss always bugged the shit out of me. He was annoying when he acted like a retarted five year old, and I just don't buy into him as some kind of Monster-face. I don't like monster faces all that much, and this guy is really bad at it.

I understand that Hogan has amped up his character, and he believes that will make Abyss more believable as a monster. But it isn't working. Trying to turn this guy into the Biggest Hulkamaniac in the world is just stupid. I can't tell you how much I hate this angle. But I never really liked Abyss, so it's really not that big of a deal to me.

And as for his attire. Yes, the red and yellow spots look stupid. But his wardrobe was GARBAGE before that. He looks like a slob. A dirty, smelly, disgusting slob. Mick Foley looked like a slob, but Abyss is no Mick Foley, no matter how hard they try and make him that way. So now, he not only looks nasty, he looks like an overgrown 5 year-old fan of Hulk Hogan. This character is really starting to bug me.

Reactions: TLC
I find it interesting that some of you think Hogan is to blame for Abyss being so annoying. Sure, Hogan has made it worse, but Abyss always bugged the shit out of me. He was annoying when he acted like a retarted five year old, and I just don't buy into him as some kind of Monster-face. I don't like monster faces all that much, and this guy is really bad at it.

I totally agree. Sure he's big, sure he's scary, sure he's pretty agile for a big guy and has a certain feel that makes him stand out but he doesn't have that "It". I don't see him holding the World Title. Ever. He's way too one dimensional and will turn people off. TNA is looking for a new audience and if I've never seen TNA before and a guy like Abyss is Champion I'll immediately go.

"Aw TNA is trying to rip off Kane and Mankind"

Then I see the small arena and I turn off the TV. Because that's what TNA Haters and people brainwashed by the WWE do.

Abyss is a one hit wonder. He's as good as this Main Event at Destination X, that's it. Besides, the business moved on. Monster Heels are over-used and stale now. Heel cruiserweights is what I would personally want to see, don't know about the rest. People like Daniels, like Wofle, like Pope ( if he was a heel ), guys like Brutus Magnus who I absolutely love, like Shelley and Sabin. That's who should get the rub. TNA is all about difference and excitement, about wrestling a mic skills - well you ain't gonna get much WRESTLING out of Abyss and not a lot of exciting promos. Just because he mastered the ability to scream it doesn't mean he's good.

I don't know if you noticed but the crowd was as good as dead during the Main Event and wild during X-Division matches. TNA has always been like a breath of fresh air with its exciting wrestling. These guys can mix up a spot-fest with a story-telling match - THAT'S what'll destroy the WWE. Not Abyss and his stupid ass ring.

Yap surely monster is back but we should keep in mind that it was those cowardly acts only that made the change feel important else every week same character would have been a turn off

I agree Changing his music and his clothes and the power of the ring are all jus well.... insane.... but I do like his "whatcha gonna do thing" ( when he jus says the monster and not abyssamaniacs or wtf ever) but for people hating on him not having IT, he had it a few years ago and he is a monster and pretty agile for a big guy too (he's no bam bam or joe but oh well) and I love his mask... the original one... I think hogans jus tryin to boost him up and then he'll go back to the way he was (hopefully with his music as well) and that they're jus relying on aj's talent to carry him over, because he's so good people will tune in for him regardless of heel/face staus (although seeing him try to be a heel is almost painful, he's jus too nice of a guy to pull it off, although he has been getting a lil better at it)

Can anyone even name me the last "monster" who was actually a face that people cared about?

Kane surely? Maybe not a full on face but he gets good cheers.

As for Abyss, I do feel a bit sorry for the guy at this stage. A few years back when Sting was trying to get him away from James Mitchell, if ever there was a time for Abyss to really shine and solidify himself in the main event I think that was it. There always seem to be arguments over which wrestlers should be allowed to speak on the microphone more, and I think Abyss seemed a lot more effective when James Mitchell was his mouthpiece as it built Abyss up while keeping some mystery around him, better days.

I haven't been able to see as much TNA lately, nothing to do with Hogan/Bischoff coming in, busy schedule, so I don't really know all the details with whats happening with Abyss and Hogan. However I think if people want to see 'The Monster' back again then probably Hogan turning on Abyss would be one way to do it; Hogan humiliating Abyss with some aspect related to the ring "You were never good enough to wear it etc." could push Abyss over the edge but still remain a fan favourite. Just an idea

I think Abyss is passed his prime, and hulk hogan is way passed his prime, for guys
like that running around in tights at that age and making a career out of bleeding makes me sad. I think A.J. Styles is ten times the better rassler that Abyss was never, even if he removed his mask, or dropped 50 pounds. Pisses me off hes Hogans so called best friend and gives him world title matches because he gives Hogan a handjob every now and then.

By the way the guy who said lord of the rings made you invincible, it actually makes you invisible lol

Abyss is not that bad, He ring attired right now kind of sucks. I'm really not liking his ketchup and Mustard shirt, His mask also needs to change. If Abyss says that the Monster Abyss has awaken, We need the old Abyss not the Hogan Rip-off. Other then that I think Abyss is a great star, His mic skills are getting better, Yesterdays promo was awesome. Also he might be abit slow in the ring, But he still puts on a good show.

Hopefully we stop seeing the little bitch Abyss, And now we get to see the Monster Abyss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back