AAA wrestlers finally coming to TNA?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
In an interview with Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez, Konnan said that come September, we should expect to see more AAA guys in TNA, mainly X-Division guys. AAA had some legal problems with a that didn't allow AAA talents to wrestle on any televised company in the U.S., thats why Jack Evans was never signed and he also got in to some legal trouble himself for appearing on IMPACT!. But Konnan said that in September this agreement is coming to an end and it will allow AAA wrestlers to appear on IMPACT!.

This news is a few weeks old, but whatever. Someone also asked Konnan on twitter when we'd see AAA wrestlers in TNA and he said pretty soon.

I really like the prospect of AAA wrestlers in TNA.

I'm not a fan of the current X Division roster or the way the division is being used. I don't like that each week we get 1, one on one match for the division. To me, the X Division should have a lot more 3 way/4 way, and sometimes gimmick style matches, more like the lucha style.
Someone like Jack Evans isn't meant for 1 on 1 matches, but really excels in the ring with multiple opponents.

The three names I'd really want from AAA are Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, and Extreme Tiger. Now you got yourself an X Division!

I also am intrigued in the possibility of a Teddy Hart vs Kurt Angle match, anyone else? I know some people don't like the idea of Hart coming back to TNA, but it's that unstable/unpredictability about him that I like, if he can control himself.

Mexican Lucha publication Tercera Caída revealed that TNA Execs Al Snow and Bruce Prichard attended the inaugural AAA Fusion TV show, their second flagship show being made for TVC Deportes channel. The event was held earlier today at The Arena López Mateos. No word on what they were doing there however, his news comes immediately after with our previous report on AAA booker Dorian Roldan noting that legal issues preventing them from sending AAA talent to TNA may be clearing up soon.

Just a bit of an update on this sitchy-ation.

If AAA wrestlers ever do get around to joining the roster, I don't expect it to be anything ground breaking. Some interesting things you could do I suppose, but I guess we'll see how TNA handles it. There isn't a need for TNA to use big mexican stars past their prime like Ricky Reyes, LA Park, or Vampiro, but I am intrigued at the possibility of using names like Teddy Hart, Jack Evans and Extreme Tiger.

Aside from those three, I'm not familiar with the rest of the roster, but I don't have big expectations. A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back