A Smackdown Version Of Raw Rouhlette?

AK2V8

Pre-Show Stalwart
Last year Raw held the Raw Rouhlette and it was a very good show. The concept of the show was that a number of set matches would be scheduled and a kayfabe wheel would spin determining what the stipulation would be for their match. You had Morrison/Sheamus FCA, Cena/Orton Tables match etc. But since Smackdown is usually the show with the more in-ring time and better match quality, I thought Smackdown would do a better job. Now my question is how would you book it if it were the very next Smackdown, what would you call it and what matches would you pick for each one?

For my version I would instead have a number of different kayfabe wheels. Once do choose wagers, opponents, stipulations and legal weapons.
MY CARD:
SMACKDOWN SPINOFF

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Gurrerro- the wheels spins onto a strecher match. Chavo and Sin Cara have had some issues recently and we haven't seen a stretcher match since Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy on Smackdown 2 years ago. This would be a great match.

Mason Ryan vs. Kane- This one would have the wheel that chooses what weapon would be involved in the match. The wheel kayfabe spins on kendo sticks. Big Show and Nexus interfere to hype up their match at Over The Limit.

Ezekiel Jackson and TBA Partner vs. Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel
This involves the "opponent" wheel and determines Jackson's partner in the match. The wheel chooses Wade Barrett. Barrett refuses to tag in, but Jackson still wins. After the match The Corre make the assault, but Jackson fights them off. Skip Sheffield returns from injury and beats down Jackson to join The Corre.

Randy Orton vs. TBA Opponent- This also involves the "opponent" wheel and chooses Orton's opponent. The wheel chooses Daniel Bryan. Christian is on commentary and the Bryan and Orton are putting on a show stealer. Daniel Bryan wins after a distraction from Christian. After the match Christian and Orton have a stare down to end the show.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this is a good idea. I always have wondered why they didn't try this concept on SmackDown. I like the name SmackDown spinoff, too.

Here's what I would do.

Wade Barrett vs. Zeke Jackson in a Parking Lot Brawl for the Intercontinental Championship - This would be a good way to advance an unusually personal feud (the office attack is the type of thing you don't see too much nowadays). This would be a fun way to kick off the show because they'd brawl in the parking area. They could use crates and other weapons, push each other into cars, etc. They could also fight their way back into the arena towards the end of the match.

Kane & Big Show vs. Usos for Tag Team Titles - This would be spinning for opponants, and would be a good way to get some young guns on the show.

SmackDown vs. RAW tag team match - Sin Cara, Cody Rhodes & Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston, Mason Ryan & Rey Mysterio - Have the spinner pick the RAW guys and make the SmackDown show look strong.

Khali vs. Sheamus with Diesel as special guest ref - The spinner would pick "WWE Legend" to be the special referee here. This would be a celebration of big men, and I think Sheamus is the one guy who could get a good match out of Khali at this point.

Rosa Mendes vs. Kaitlyn in a "loser kisses Mark Henry" match - Pure comedy here. :)

Randy Orton vs. Christian in a TLC match for the World Heavyweight Championship - In reality this is a bad idea because of how much ladders have been overused in the last 2 years. But if there was a time it could actually work, I'd say that it's here.

Barrett/Jackson parking lot brawl is a great idea. The only problem is the timing. You don't want to ruin the build-up to their title match at Over The Limit by making their Smackdown match for the title. But having them face off in a non-title parking lot brawl would be great build-up. Same situation with Orton/Christian. A non-title match would be more suitable, but a TLC match wouldn't actually have anything to supposedly grab and win if it weren't for the championship so I guess a TLC for the title would be great. A "loser kisses Mark Henry" match would be better with actual divas who can work a good match (eg Natalya and Beth Phoenix).

Oh, I didn't realize that this was supposed to be thought of as taking place this Friday, haha. If that's the case, then I agree with what you're saying because those matches would dumb down the PPV. I'm glad you like the ideas, though.

And you're right about the divas. I just thought it would be funny to see one of the more feminine\attractive divas kiss Mark Henry. At least, a hell of a lot funnier than watching Khali kiss big girls from Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back