A second title for ECW

What title would you like to see be brought to ECW?

• Hardcore Title

• European Title

• Cruiserweight or LightHeavyweight Title

• Television Title

• other(please specify what title)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MVs Prodigy

Dark Match Winner
Every brand has a second title except for ECW. I believe a second title would help more stars on ECW than just having the ECW world title. But having another title would mean ECW would have to at least got on for an extra 30 minutes.

So these are the titles I think ECW could bring to their program.

Hardcore Title
bringing back the hardcore title would mean ECW is still the land of extreme and I miss the Hardcore days with the regulations of the 24/7 rule.

Cruiserweight or Lightheavyweight Title
Bringing back one of these titles would mean the WWE would have to put all non heavyweights on ECW. And bringing this title back would help put over stars like Bourne.

Those are the titles I would like to be seen ressurected. But what about you? what title would you like see again? The Hardcore title, European title, or the Television title? Please vote in the poll and then explain why.

Every brand has a second title except for ECW. I believe a second title would help more stars on ECW than just having the ECW world title. But having another title would mean ECW would have to at least got on for an extra 30 minutes.

So these are the titles I think ECW could bring to their program.

Hardcore Title
bringing back the hardcore title would mean ECW is still the land of extreme and I miss the Hardcore days with the regulations of the 24/7 rule.

They have enough brutal talent they could pull it off and i miss the belt

Well, I really don't think ECW is going to be a show much longer. If they were to revamp the show, and have another title on ECW, I would say the Cruiserweight title. ECW has a lot of young and lightweight wrestlers, it just make sense to have a mid card title. I wouldn't put hardcore since it's TV-PG, and I don't want to see Tommy Dreamer has a 15 time Hardcore Champion.

There really isn't any international stars to have the European title brought in again. ECW isn't that big of a show to have a television title either. My best bet would be the cruiserweight title. That is if ECW is even a show that much longer.

Well, I really don't think ECW is going to be a show much longer. If they were to revamp the show, and have another title on ECW, I would say the Cruiserweight title. ECW has a lot of young and lightweight wrestlers, it just make sense to have a mid card title. I wouldn't put hardcore since it's TV-PG, and I don't want to see Tommy Dreamer has a 15 time Hardcore Champion.

There really isn't any international stars to have the European title brought in again. ECW isn't that big of a show to have a television title either. My best bet would be the cruiserweight title.

Well what about kozloff and regal as european champ there international stars and wwe might be pg but they still have violence on ppv's and if people dont watch ecw then it wouldnt matter if they did have lot's of violence on the show.

Yea, another "Bring in a secondary title for ECW" thread!! Anyhow, I went with other, for the "not gonna happen" title. ECW doesn't need a midcard belt, as their "Worlds" title is enough of one. Aside from which, they lack the depth of a roster to support one. I mean, they have what, 15 superstars, tops?

TV Title. ECW is on TV = TV Title
Hardcore has been done, eventually you'd end up with 24/7 with the midget running around with it
Euro would be the same as the TV Title cept it's called Euro
Cruiserweight /light heavyweight would limit the small roster to only a couple of wrestlers. The point of adding a new title would be too give the 12 - 13 people that aren't going for the higher title something to do then just wrestle each other because they have nothing else too do. Cruiser/light heavy weight titles would limit and limited roster.

TV or Euro would be the best.

I picked “Other”, because I’d like to see both the TV and Hardcore Titles on ECW. I pick the TV to have equal footing with the IC and US Titles on Raw and Smackdown. I pick the Hardcore Title as a third / specialty Title, only if Raw and Smackdown reactivate the Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight Titles respectively. I even think ECW should have a set of Tag Titles and a Vixens Title as well, but the way things are now, with ECW possibly ending soon, it may be best to leave it as is. As far as the European Title goes, I wouldn’t mind to see someone bring it in as an unsanctioned / gimmick Title, but not as an official WWE Title.

It didn't take me long to think about this and conclude that a TV title for ECW may be the answer. WWE has made it clear that "hardcore" wrestling is PPV only stuff (kinda), and I feel a "Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight" title would be to limiting and exclude too many stars from legitimately chasing it. A European championship I guess could fill the same role, but since it's ECW why not just make it the TV title?

They want to give kids a chance to cut their teeth there, but they need to see more youngsters cutting promos instead of Christian vs Regal (w/ Yoshi or Dreamer!) over and over again as the only important parts of the show. A new belt can fix that (what better thing is there to talk smack over on tv?). If they are going to stick with the concept of Brand Extension, and they want ECW to stay on the air, they need to give it even just a tad more significance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back