A return...

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Chris Hero is heading back to WWE at some point in 2017.

Hero is approaching two decades in pro wrestling, and turns 37 this year the day before Christmas. He was one of the original stars to make the transition from Florida Championship Wrestling to NXT when WWE re-branded its developmental program back in 2012. He wrestled for the promotion as Kassius Ohno until late 2013 when he was released by the company, with several reports noting his lack of commitment to losing weight and being in “WWE shape”.

Since leaving WWE, Hero has completely revitalized his career, wrestling some of the greatest matches of 2016 for promotions all around the world including Evolve, AAW, PWG, Rev Pro, House of Hardcore, Progress and IWA Mid-South. Given his stellar year in wrestling, and the changing standards for stars in WWE with larger workers like Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens making a big impact, there has perhaps never been a better time for Hero to get his second chance. It was reported in 2013 when he left that the door was open for a return to WWE in the future, although at this point it is unknown whether he will be making his return to NXT, the main roster, or taking some kind of full-time trainer role at the Performance Center. We’ll keep you posted as more information becomes available.

A good wrestler returning back is always a good news. I hope that he doesn't take the trainer role and rather return as a wrestler.

But I'm confused if he goes to NxT or straight to the main roster. I think that since he's already been in NxT, he should go straight to the main roster. Teaming up with Cesaro could help the tag division.

Thoughts?

Hero's talented and it's true that physical appearance of stars isn't as big of a priority as it once was, partially due to Triple H's growing influence within the company. He turns 37 on Christmas Eve and that also would've been a huge negative against him a couple of years ago but, again, things have definitely changed for the better overall when it comes to hiring talent.

As to where he goes or what he does, it's up in the air. I could easily see him being someone who'll help carry NXT for a while but, at the same time, I'd rather he just went to the main roster as it seems like a waste. As with Styles, Joe and Nakamura, Hero is getting to an age where his window of opportunity to make a big impact gets smaller as time goes by. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that someone in their 40s or near that age can't be extremely viable, you just have to look at guys like AJ Styles, Chris Jericho and Kane to know that. However, contrary to Meltzer gushing all over him, Hero is someone that hasn't generated a whole ton of buzz really since he parted ways with WWE unless you're someone who eats, sleeps and breathes the indie scene.

If he's coming back (if) I doubt it's straight to the main roster. Roode, Joe and Young are all arguably bigger names that are in NXT. Joe has been there over a year now. I'd say the best use of him would be an NXT return, and then a brief run with a summer debut like Owens did in 2014.

I stress the if for many reasons. His cryptic tweet, in which he does not expressly deny it. The fact that he's supposedly returning with the awful Kassius Ohno name (just call him Chris Hero). I don't know guys, let's not get too excited. I don't like freaking out about things before they start.

Obviously reforming the Kings of Wrestling with Cesaro would be great, but it would be another lateral move for an ever sideways moving Cesaro. Not to say it wouldn't be insane for tag team wrestling, but don't we want more for the Swiss man?

Take dirt sheets like Meltzer's with a massive grain of rock salt. If he's coming back, fantastic. Let's see him back and let's see him used right on the main roster as opposed to spending a full year or more back in NXT. The yellow brand though should be expected to lose Samoa Joe, Nakamura and likely even Roode to the main roster in 2016, so a returning Hero could provide support their to fill those gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back