• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Plausible Way To Build: Alex Riley

Dressler

Occasional Pre-Show
So we constantly hear people always wanting certain people to be pushed, names like Kingston, Swagger, Sheamus (again), Barrett, Bourne or whoever you feel should be pushed to the moon in WWE, well I want to create plausible ways to do so, I have already posted a thread like this where I talked about how to push Christian, and for my next one, as the title states, I will create a plausible way to build, Alex Riley.

It all begins at Wrestlemania 27, Alex Riley is a key component this year, being in The Miz's corner, and will most likely be the special guest refferee in the Cole v Lawler match. So theres plenty we can do here. First up, Cole v Lawler, special reff Alex Riley.

The match goes on, Swagger, Cole and Riley are all against Lawler for the main duration of the match, cheating wherever they can to screw Lawler out of his Wrestlemania moment, until the very end where everything goes ary (see the pun there? A-Ri being Rileys Nickname, ary? Pun deffinitly intended) when Riley "accidently" hits Swagger before he can hit Lawler with a cheap shot. Swagger and Cole get mad at Riley and Lawler hits Swagger from behind knocking him out, then gets in the ring to attack Cole when Cole starts yelling at Riley to beat up Lawler, but Riley wont do it, eventually Cole gets him to but right as hes about to Swagger hits Riley and knocks him and Lawler out. Now with no refferee, Cole starts beating up on Lawler but then Booker T comes down to save Lawler and hits Swagger with the Scissor Kick, and Lawler finishes Cole, Riley counts to 3, and bam Lawlor wins.

After the match, Cole and Swagger begin arguing with Riley, Riley tries to plea his case but doesnt seem all to concerned, almost happy that Lawlor won the match, eventually he walks away from both Cole and Swagger as we head to a mini break. Eventually we see a clip of Cole and Miz yelling at him to get his act together and Miz shuts Cole up and tells Riley to watch out during the WWE Title match and that he better not screw up.

The Miz v John Cena- WWE Title Match, Alex Riley in Miz's corner. Solid match, good back and forth, at the end of the match is when everything really happens, with the reff down at one point Miz calls Riley into the ring and they begin to double-team on Cena until Riley accidently hits Miz and knocks him out, with that done, Cena hits Riley with an FU (refuse to call it a Attitude Adjustment), now with everyone down but Cena, The Rock comes out and an epic staredown begins until The Rock hits a Rock Bottom on Cena but Cena falls on Miz, reff gets up, 1..2..3 Cena wins the WWE Title. When both Miz and Riley get back up, Miz begins yelling at Riley until Cena gives them both the FU and Wrestlemania goes off the air.

The following night on Raw, Miz says Riley needs punishment for his actions last night at Wrestlemania and says he cost both he and Cole there matches, Miz said he will now face both he and Cole in a handicap match. During the match Riley gets beating down by Miz and later Cole until Miz tries to closeline him but he dodges it and he hits Cole, with Miz's back turned he rolls him up for the quick 1-2-3 and the win. Miz is ragging at this point about to kill Riley but Riley runs.

Following Raw Miz says this was the last straw and that now, he will get a one on one match with Miz at Extreme Rules, in a No Disqualification Match. Riley says hes sorry and that Miz is still his mentor, but he did what he did last week because it was a match and he wants to become WWE Champ some day and if Miz wants a match he has one.

Extreme Rules, No DQ Match, Miz v Riley. Riley and Miz go at it and it doesnt take long for Cole to get involved, it seems as though Riley will lose until Lawlor hits Miz and Cole with a chair to knock them out, Riley hits Miz with his finisher and the win is his.

The following night on Raw Riley says he did what was best for him, which is what Miz would of done, so he is sorry for nothing, and now he has his sights on the WWE Champ, but out comes the United States Champ Daniel Bryan. Bryan says hes been Champ for a long time and he should be the next contender to the WWE Title, and be what Miz always wanted to be, U.S Champ and WWE Champ, but Riley says it is his destiny to do that, and this sets up a one on one match at WWE Over the Limit.

Alex Riley vs Daniel Bryan, U.S Title Match, WWE Over the Limit. Good match, back and forth good showing by both until the end when Riley and Bryan trade finishers and get outs of those until Riley shows a heel side to himself again and knocks the reff out by accident and then hits Bryan with a low blow, then his finisher, as the reff gets up Riley pins Bryan and gets the win and the U.S Title.

The next night Riley begins gloating that he is the best U.S Champ ever and that Bryan is crap, Bryan comes out and a brawl starts. Riley runs to the ramp but Bryan gets a mic and announces he is getting his rematch at Fatal Four Way, in a Fatal Fourway Submission Match. The other two competers are Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger.

Fatal Fourway, Alex Riley v Jack Swagger v Evan Bourne v Daniel Bryan, Fatal Fourway Submission Match for US Title. Submissions galour in this match which eventually leads to Bryan locking in the Label Lock on Riley and Swagger locking in the Ankle Lock on Bourne and the same time, both men try to hold on as long as possible, until both men tap. With the confusion, the GM comes out and announces both men are eliminated and that Bryan and Swagger will now fight for the title (Bryan Wins). Riley obviously pissed, goes to the back and attacks one of the 4 participants in the WWE Title match to get a shot in there, which he does.

Fatal Fourway, WWE Title Match. Riley tries to be sneaky and not get to involved, breaking up pins and stuff but never really goes after anyone, eventually though the other three attack Riley to the point he is out, but at the end sneaks a 2 count surprise pin that doesnt work, but scares the WWE Universe just enough, eventually though its not to be as he loses but a good showing to keep his steam going.

The next night he says if it was a one on one match he would of beaten the champ and he wants to issue a challenge for WWE Money in the Bank, instead out comes Bryan who says he couldnt beat him nevermind the WWE Champ, they go back and forth until the GM says they will have a match tonight, the winner gets a place in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match for Raw. Riley wins the match but Bryan keeps the title. Riley is now in the Ladder Match.

WWE Money in the Bank, Raw Ladder Match. Alex Riley and the other competitors have a electrifying showdown, everyone has there moment to shine and go for the briefcase but ultimately Riley pulls the briefcase and wins the match, and is now Mister Money in the Bank.

In the coming months he fakes using the briefcase until finally using it to win the WWE Championship, and thus ending his long road to being a WWE Champ, and his push.

Sorry for it being so long, hope you liked it, comments, opinions, modifications, anything would be great commentary, thanks.

Well... I see a slight push for Riley... especially after tonight, now that Miz has to "fire him".

I'm thinking he'll somehow be the one who helps King beat Cole. I'm not so sure that he will have a role in the Miz/Cena match as the Rock is set for that, but there's no telling.

I like the thought you put into this idea though. I see Riley getting a push, but not to the world title.

You know, I do like your idea here. I only read the Raw results and I have to say that I was EXCITED to hear about the Riley vs Cena match! I hope it was as good as it sounded through the read!!!

After that performance from Riley, I would definately agree with you and say "May the Push for Riley officially BEGIN!"!!!!!!!! :)

They could have used the Miz to get him over. Have the GM announce that he was tired of Riley using the briefcase to help miz so from now till mania it was no longer just a briefcase but a money in the bank that Riley can use anytime against the Miz. That would allow more tension between the two and leave the fans waiting and wanting Riley to use it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back