• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A new Four Horsemen group???

jccool420

JC CooL 420
I Don't know if it's just me, but I see the slow formation of a new Four Horsemen type group... (Does anyone know who owns the name Four Horsemen?)

We've been seeing Wolfe helping AJ and Flair out a lot lately and when I saw Sting come back and hit Hogan with the bat, my first thought was Sting, Flair, AJ, and Wolfe doing some kind of new version of the Horsemen...

After thinking about it for a while, Sting wouldn't really fit into the group too well and it looks like his heel turn is focussed more towards an eventual Hogan/Sting match rather than him simply being on the side of AJ and Flair...

Now, with all that said... I would love to see Flair in a manager role of a new Four Horsemen, my question is... What other two members would fit??

You have AJ and Wolfe with Flair as the manager...

The first two people to come to mind would be Beer Money... Just not sure how Storm would fit into the picture, unless he gave up the cowboy hat for a custom made suit... We all know Roode is a perfect fit...

Other options that have crossed my mind are...

Charlie Haas... The Horsemen have always been the Elite wrestlers of their time and Haas is definately one of the best wrestlers out there and I think it would be a good fit for him...

Matt Morgan... He would be like the enforcer of the group and I could also see him being helped out a lot by being aligned with Flair...

Not sure who else I could see stepping into those shoes... Maybe Anderson, but I really don't think he needs any kind of help getting over and he could possibly outshine AJ as the star of the group...

What do you guys think? Would it be smart to bring back the horsemen and who would you pick to add to the group? And if WWE owns the Horsemen name, what would you call them?

Me and my brother has talked about this subject for ages now and we agree there should be a new horsemen group our group consists of the manager Ric Flair, the leader AJ Styles, the enforcer Samoa Joe, Kazarian and Christopher Daniels as you can tell all the members of our group other than Flair are TNA originals which we belive brings authenticity to the TNA Horsemen as these member are all also real life friends so they can be like The Kliq from a storyline perspective.

Yeah, if you wanted it to be like the Kliq... Obviously the options would be different...

It would be be AJ, Joe, Daniels, and probably Kaz... But, we've seen that already with the Frontline (TNA Originals) and they don't really fit into the Ric Flair Four Horsemen style to me, You always picture the Four Horsemen as the custom made suit wearing, limosine riding guys that lived to wrestle and look good...

Daniels in my opnion should be doing his Fallen Angel gimmick and doesn't fit well into being a Horseman...

Joe, I could see fitting... I just don't really see Joe taking an on air back seat to AJ... He needs to be a bad ass Somoan not an enforcer for AJ IMO...

Kaz, maybe would fit with AJ, and Wolfe... I could see him hanging out with Flair in the suits and he could definately use Flairs help on the mic...

I just personally like the Beer Money Idea better, or Maybe split them up and just have Roode join... I just don't know what they would do with Storm if they split them up, it would be ashamed to see him get lost in the mid-card... But, it is obvious that Roode is a star in the making and a break up is inevitable...

You know i've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of weeks and i have come to the conclusion that if there was to be a 4 horseman group it would be AJ, Flair, Wolfe, Roode and to trick everyone I could see Kurt Angle pulling a swerve and joining the group. Why? Because....
1. He is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world( like ric flair when the horsemen were made)
2. He is always wearing a suit.
3. If he plays it like he played MEM it would be awesome.
But if that doesnt happen it would be......um who is a heel int TNA that would fit in......maybe Anderson??? maybe?

The Problem I see with this is Angle was the leader of the MEM not a follower so why does he become one now. And if they make him the boss then what AJ becomes second fiddle as champ???. Does nto work

To m the group is AJ, Matt, Wolfe...and ....BRIAN Kendrick
I am sure people are going WTF but here me out. TBK had the oh so arrogant act going for him and would work perfectly and it woudl give them the X-Division cache wrestler (as Wolfe I dont really see going for it)

You know i've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of weeks and i have come to the conclusion that if there was to be a 4 horseman group it would be AJ, Flair, Wolfe, Roode and to trick everyone I could see Kurt Angle pulling a swerve and joining the group. Why? Because....
1. He is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world( like ric flair when the horsemen were made)
2. He is always wearing a suit.
3. If he plays it like he played MEM it would be awesome.
But if that doesnt happen it would be......um who is a heel int TNA that would fit in......maybe Anderson??? maybe?

Just what TNA needs to do, give WWE fans like me yet another reason to mock them. Seriously? Trying to redo the Horsemen? As if TNA hasn't blatantly lived off the past success of its oldest members enough? Ric Flair is a pathetic shell of a once great wrestler. Now he is just sad. TNA needs to let the past go. You can't keep milking nostalgia.

I just personally like the Beer Money Idea better, or Maybe split them up and just have Roode join... I just don't know what they would do with Storm if they split them up, it would be ashamed to see him get lost in the mid-card... But, it is obvious that Roode is a star in the making and a break up is inevitable...

I like your idea about Robert Roode becoming a member of this group this man was the enforcer of Team Canada and has beaten TNA Legends like Jeff Jarrett, Ron Killings, Booker T ( i know he is not a TNA legend since he didn't do much in TNA but he is a wrestling legend) he is one of TNA's greatest tag team wrestlers but for two years he has been apart of Beer Money and has lost the up and coming main event status he was starting to get before Beer Money i like the team but i would love to see Robert Roode in his old gimmick with this new horseman idea and like the original horseman had a face group opposing James Storm can be in that group facing Robert Roode.

I could see Brian Kendrick fitting in as many people have compared him to Brian Pilman and he kind of has the loose cannon gimmick... I just don't know, they kind of have him paired up with the MCMGs and I kind of like that trio...

Kurt Angle is definatley not an option... It would just look like a MEM remake and over shadow AJ...

I think my favorite group is AJ, Wolfe, Roode, and Matt Morgan... Well, Morgan or Charlie Haas... I would really love to see him fit into a group like that and with Flair as their manager he would really have a chance to shine... Then again, he is friends with Angle so he could align with Angle and possibly Storm...

And to the WWE mark... If you watch so much WWE you would realize the irony of your post... A lot of WWE's booking right now is based on nostalgia... Bret Hart versus Vince... Taker/HBK... DX... Legacy (Based on the fame of their fathers)... Stone Cold...

To ignore the fact that Flair was a part of the most famous stable in wrestling ever is just ignorant and I think him being the JJ Dillion (Mouth Piece/Manager) of the group would actually bring the stable full circle... Just look what Evolution did for Orton and Batista...

I thought this was the obvious implication since the moment Desmond allied with AJ and Flair and was really solidified when Sting turned heel. I like the idea and I think it will help elevate AJ and Wolfe and give Flair and Sting something constructive to do without them having to do too much ring work.

I've been thinking about this as well. Maybe something like the Phenominal 4? AJ, Wolfe, Beer Money. Or even AJ, Wolfe, Morgan and Joe. I like this idea a lot as long as the group is managed and ONLY managed by Ric Flair.

The whole idea of the Horsemen is going to happen that I will say. WWE does own the name though so the new name no idea. But think back almost every carnation of the Horsemen had an outcast so y not storm cause they also usally had a tag team. So Beer Money will be my pick.

The 4 Horsemen!! Wow, that very name brings back decades of professional wrestling history. From the legendary greats like Lex Luger to Sting, so few have been privileged to be part of this elite group led by the champ himself, Nature Boy, Woooo, Rick Flair. The idea of this group resurfacing in TNA sounds great and would make for interesting wrestling story lines. I agree with some of you who feel Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Wolfe, and Daniels led by Flair would be an awesome entity to be wrecking with.

This begs the question, will TNA bring this idea to reality?? I believe TNA's roster is full of talented young stars who when given an opportunity could elevate their careers and assist TNA in competing in a level playing field with WWE. TNA has an opportunity to make huge stars of their young wrestlers and one up WWE with their own wrestling creations.

I like the idea of a new horsemen group but i would simply call them 'The Elite'...not world elite...just 'The Elite'.

Traditionally you had your leader who would be world champion. In this case, you have AJ. Flair obviously being the JJ Dillon. Your second guy would have to be your tv title guy or upper mid card guy (i really want that global title to be a tv title) which I would make Desmond Wolfe. But then you have to have your tag team contending horsemen. Beer Money would be best for this. I know the whole knock on Storm not fitting because of the cowboy gimmick but anyone can tweak their character in wrestling. I would remove the hat, put on a golf shirt and slacks and you have your ass-kickin' polo wearing metropolitan southern boy. Kind of like a Charlotte banker :) I think it would work.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately also and I agree with a lot of you. I also love the name the phenomenal 4 and I would definitely have aj, wolf and beer money in this new stable.

Although I don't really love the idea of yet ANOTHER 4 horsemen like stable, I do thing Beer Money would fit in. They would kinda be the Ole and Arn Andersons of the group. Make them your Tag champs, Wolfe your X divison champ and AJ your World champ and there ya go! I;m just not sure if this would light TNA on fire or not.

I love this idea. First and foremost Flair should be done in ring. However, he's brilliant on the mic and has a vast wealth of knowledge to impart on the TNA roster. Having him around could be very benificial to those that take advantage of his presence.
and second THIS IS EXACTLY WHY TNA SHOULD BE PAYING HIM!!!! A Flair managed stable is a huge rub for those in said stable. WE shouldn't be seeing Hogan and Flair go at it, but rather the young guys they are influencing. I have no problem with Hogan and Flair's age old fued as long as they're putting over the TNA guys.
AJ, Roode, Morgan, and RVD. WTF? RVD? yeah hear me out. RVD was so much better as a cocky heel. That fits with the Horsemen. He's a vet that still got a bunch of gas left in the tank. I think it'll be a swerve that many wouldn't see coming and give us something sorta fresh.
Plus, Angle's been in that role recently with the MEM...to redundant. I like Angle going against the Horsemen. He's probably even have a complex to why he wasn't chosen. Anywho, great topic...

I do believe that WWE owns the Horsemen name. like they do with nWo, hence hall n pac being called The Band. if TNA is gonna do this angle they'l need to do it right. I do like the idea of an AJ based name. How about 4-nominal?
My group would consist of....

Flair
AJ
Wolfe
Morgan
and Roode

Morgan is on a destined split with Hernandez after they drop the straps to MCMG or GenMe at Lockdown. Roode could be tempted away from Storm with money being his desire with the new "horsemen". Perhaps then they could do something with Morgan and Roode vs STorm and Hernandez??

on a side note...maybe a new name you could add to the mix as a stable member... how about Eric Young?? a smiliar role to what he did with World Elite, but as a follower this time around like he is currently with nash?

I like the Beer Money idea, and I would include both of them. It seems pretty clear that they're going to win the tag titles this Sunday-Morgan and Hernandez are going to split, we can all see it coming. The group would be about being the best. AJ is world champion, Beer Money considers themselves the best tag team, and Wolfe considers himself the best mat wrestler. I'd give Wolfe the Global title and let the group run TNA.

If not Beer Money, I'd go with Morgan. He's arrogant enough to think he belongs in the group, whether he has a title or not. And he'd be an enforcer.

I along with many of the other posters have been thinking the same thing for a while, basically ever since Flair aligned himself with Styles... I think personally that Eric B. is doing a slow build to this, at least I hope he is...

The group would work with Flair as the mouthpiece/manager
Styles as the Champ you can't stand and who holds the belt for 8 out of 12 months out of the year.

Wolfe being the Tully Blachard of the group and holding either the X or Global Belt, though if they really wanna to push it he should hold the Global belt because the X belt is strong enough on it's own and doesn't need any particular person to hold it to make it stronger.

And in a swerve, have everyone think it's Beer Money as the tag team, even have Storm and Roode walk out with the other mentioned 3, have a big balloon drop, light show, with them getting out of a limo together with women on there arms. Just when you are about to see the debut of the team...

Have Roode, Flair, Styles, and Wolfe just destroy Storm, I mean bust him up bad with blood and everything. Then have Morgan come out there and him join in and give him the Hellavetor and finally have Roode stand him up and just toss him on the outside.

That should end the show with EMT's attending to Storm, and have Storm miss 3 weeks of show time to have him either pop back up at a PPV or the Monday after the PPV looking for revenge.

Roode could be the new Magumn TA and have others like Kaz, Pope or Angle help him out against the Phenomenal 4.... This would be at least a 6 to 9 month story line if done right...

It won't be the Horsemen, I guarantee WWE owns the right to that group. But I could see something along the lines of a horsemen stable.

Leader of the Group: AJ Styles- For obvious reasons. He is running with Flair, and doing a damn good job of it (despite the criticism from some of you smarks out there). He works well in the "tailor-made suit" role, and would be perfect to be the figure head of this group.

The Enforcer: Desmond Wolfe: This guy is terrific. I think he is one of the two or three most talented guys in TNA, and would make for a great horsemen. He has the attitude, and the in-ring ability needed to be apart of this kind of stable. Plus, he's not quite as over as AJ, and you can't have to mega-stars in a group like this. Would also be cool to see AJ and Wolfe eventually split and battle it out.

3rd Guy: Daniels- WOuld be a great addition. This guy is a damn good in-ring competitor, and would add that Benoit, Tully Blanchard- kind of guy to the group. He would get it done in the ring, and not worry about being the main attraction on the mic.

4th Guy, the Muscle: Matt Morgan- This was discussed a while back, and I said Rob Terry would be good in this role. After thinking about it, I am switching to Morgan. In all reality, the muscle of this group could be just about anyone who would look alright in a suit. Morgan is also somewhat talented, especially in the ring. My biggest problem with him was his mic skills, but now that I think about it, that's not a problem you have Flair, AJ, and Wolfe to do all of the talking. They would need a big guy, and he would be picture perfect.

Flair wouldn't be considered "one of the guys." He would be their manager and talking-head.

Me and my brother has talked about this subject for ages now and we agree there should be a new horsemen group our group consists of the manager Ric Flair, the leader AJ Styles, the enforcer Samoa Joe, Kazarian and Christopher Daniels as you can tell all the members of our group other than Flair are TNA originals which we belive brings authenticity to the TNA Horsemen as these member are all also real life friends so they can be like The Kliq from a storyline perspective.

I love this idea of the TNA original horseman i think this would make an amazing storyline and would help to elevate the career of Kaz to the next level while Ric Flair helps him with his promo skills so he can oneday become a main eventer like the other stars in this group.

Drew McIntyre is a creative genius he truely is "The Chosen One".

If they were to go ahead with something like a new Four Horsemen, I think the group you have to go with is the following:

1) Ric Flair - No need to explain. Manager.

2) AJ Styles - Current champ, already has the Flair connection, another "no need to explain" situation.

3) Matt Morgan - It's certainly hard to picture Hernandez, Joe, Rob, or Abyss in the role, so your best bet for a suit-wearing muscle enforcer is Morgan.

4) Desmond Wolfe - Midcard and tag team level.

5) Robert Roode OR Eric Young - Now, I bring Young into this situation because he seems like he's always struggling to find a purpose. Seeing as how the whole global nonsense is dying down if not dead in the water, and how his partnership with Nash is rather...uneventful...Young needs something to do. Plus, Roode could always stay with Storm in this scenario, as Beer Money is popular. If not, then Roode is obviously the other choice, and Storm will just have to try to find a new tag partner or try to fend for himself as a midcard face that most likely goes nowhere.

The big thing TNA would have to do, if they created such a stable, is actually figure out what the fuck they want to do with it down the line and not change their mind. I swear to God, they've got ADHD there. Nobody can stay a heel or face for more than a few weeks and tons of feuds end the second they start. Look at what happened with the Frontline arc. Nothing. It started out looking like it could get to WCW vs NWO company-wide levels, and then the Frontline disbanded, and then Joe was into it if he wasn't in the Nation of Violence thing which, again, went nowhere, as did his partnership with Taz, and then it was just sort of "yeah we're releasing some of these MEM guys and uh...well, that's it". TNA would need to actually have this stable stay heel and actually develop feuds that last more than one ppv's length so people can get into it.

Thus, it won't happen lol.

I like everybody else here have been giving this a lot of thought. Beer money should definitely be the third and fourth. If not them, I'm going to go on a limb and say I'd rather see TMCMG in it than Morgan. Plus you can make it much more interesting by having Shelly hold X-Gold, Wolfe with the Global, AJ obviously should remain champ most of the time by getting DQ'd and cheating. And of course TMCMG should be the tag-title holders. I don't care about the suit look as everybody claims there's too much nostalgia. I have also gave a lot of thought for a name and have come up with "The Pantheon". For those of you in Rio Linda, the pantheon is the stable of Greek and Roman gods.

And to the WWE mark... If you watch so much WWE you would realize the irony of your post... A lot of WWE's booking right now is based on nostalgia... Bret Hart versus Vince... Taker/HBK... DX... Legacy (Based on the fame of their fathers)... Stone Cold...

To ignore the fact that Flair was a part of the most famous stable in wrestling ever is just ignorant and I think him being the JJ Dillion (Mouth Piece/Manager) of the group would actually bring the stable full circle... Just look what Evolution did for Orton and Batista...

Do you seriously want to compare the rehashed storylines of the WWE to TNA? Go take a look at TNA's roster a sec, junior.

Stone Cold? That was a one night event. That counts as booking? Seriously?

DX? That's two guys from the 90s, who are still in great shape, not a group from the 80s, in which you would still have one of the members from the 80s participating. slight difference. <insert "but they had the Horsemen in WCW in the 90s" comment here>. And it already sucked in the 90s. Mongo McMichaels? Lex Luger? Dean Malenko? That isn't the horsemen, and I DARE you to claim that the horsemen of the 90s was just as much the real horsemen as Ole/Arn/Tully/Flair were.

Bret Hart/Vince was 12 years ago, not 22. Again, a slight difference in how nostalgic they are being, compared to TNA. When were Hogan and Flair in their primes? Oh that's right, the 80s. Furthermore, once their Wrestlemania match is over, its done. A temporary thing only, because Vince wanted to induct Stu Hart, and he needed to mend fences with Bret first. This is where you point out that the nWo, and by extension Hall and Nash, are only about 12 years ago too...to which, I would respond with the following: When was the last time Kevin Nash was a full time wrestler? How about Scott Hall? When was Sean Waltman last relevant? The thing is, over the last 12 years, people have been still talking about Bret Hart constantly. Every time the WWE is in Canada, for the past 12 years, you have seen ample evidence of that. People still care.

Legacy? I think Randy Orton was pretty much a well established superstar before Legacy. Further, building on the legacy of their fathers isn't the same as simply calling themselves the Million Dollar Man and American Dream.

Your argument is exceptionally weak.

Oh, one more thing about Legacy and DX...yeah, they are all current wrestlers, in good shape. They aren't in their mid to late 50s, and completely out of shape like TNA's nostalgic acts.

Hey, I have a great idea, if you are going to steal gimmicks from the 80s, why doesn't TNA invite Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov and reform the Bolsheviks why you are at it?

Nobody is ignoring the fact that Flair WAS a member of the greatest stable of all time...but, he isn't that Ric Flair anymore, its time to stop pretending he is.

Any incarnation of the horsemen that TNA attempts to create, even if they can't legally call it the horsemen, would be about as authentic as Darren Drozdov being a real member of the Legion of Doom, and way less authentic than Brian "Crush" Adams being accepted as a real member of Demolition. Get my drift?

You know what usually happens when a band covers a song from a long time ago? It usually sucks ass. Some things are way too good to EVER mess with. Leave the Horsemen be. You cannot improve on them, all you can succeed in doing is dragging their names down into the mud.

I am all for a new 4 Horsemen group in TNA. They were always my favorite stable in wrestling no matter who was in the group. my roster would be

FLAIR: Obvious reasons. The original horsemen and the manager of the group now.

A.J.: The champ. All ready has the Flair connection going for him and with the new nature boy thing. Which I think is doing wonders for his career.

Wolfe: The future breakout star of the group. Definetly the global champ. Already has been helping out Flair and A.J. weekly.

Daniels: Friends with A.J. Yes they have recently just had a fued but they were friends for years. A great wrestler. X-division champ. Plus my own reason. My favorite wrestler in my favorite stable.

Morgan; The big guy/enforcer of the group. Definetly fits the mold of a horsemen. The arrogant cocky heel. Plus he woulf benefit greatly from having Flair as his mouth peice.

As for the name i would call them the Apocalypse. The 4 Horsemen name came from the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It fits and it has a hint of the original name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back