• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Mizdow'ed Opportunity?

juggalotus

Whoop whoop!
I had for a while an idea pertaining to Miz and Sandow, and although it's no longer feasible due to changes in the past few weeks, I just wanted to share it with everyone and have some fun with it.
After Miz failed in his US championship match with Sheamus, I felt like the next night on RAW, he could request a rematch, and have it granted, under some sort of stipulation that favors the champ. Then right before the match, Miz chickens out and tosses Mizdow in the ring. During the match, Mizdow pulls off the impossible and beats Sheamus for the championship. Miz then goes on to say that since Mizdow won, that means Miz won, and that he is now the U.S. champion. Mizdow refuses to hand over the championship, and turns face. Then the next week on RAW, during a match for the championship between Miz and Mizdow, Mizdow manages to perfectly mime every single one of Miz's movements. When Miz throws a punch, Mizdow throws a punch. Miz goes for a hip toss, Mizdow goes for a hip toss, etc. I feel like it could get Mizdow over huge.
At the end of the match, you could have Sheamus come out and brogue kick Mizdow, and start the long rumored heel turn for himself. Mizdow could hang on to the title for a month or so, and then still drop it to Rusev. Hell you could have used that extra month to further the Rusev, Big Show, Henry program and have Rusev get a win over Big Show and Henry in a handicapped match.
So what do you all think?

could still happen if they go against Dolph for IC title, having mizdow win it on Miz behalf to kick start their break up feud.

I like the idea of them mirroring each other and if they can pull it off would be very entertaining

I wouldnt break them up for a while yet though, sandow seems to enjoy the attention atm, and provides good back up for this latest heel Miz run, if they do break they get a 1-2 month program, then post split, Miz will still be over and Sandow drops back to lower card irrelevance and ends up dressing up as every celebrity known to man again (a huge waste IMO loved him when he was the intellectual savior, great mic work and ring work for a promising heel)

I really like this idea. I wouldn't have Mizdow turn on Miz so quick. I would have him win it, and then they both kind of have the title. Then after a couple of months of this Mizdown turns on the Miz for the belt. You have to give the chance for the fans to rally behind him. I love the idea.

I think people would have reacted to Damien Mizdown willing the United States Champion in the same way as Santino Marella. They got their little feel good moment in seeing the likeable, relatively harmless comedy guy win a title, but they wanted the title off him within a couple of weeks. I see no reason to think Mizdow would be any different. Mizdow is getting cheers now because people find his act to be entertaining, which watching him do his "stunt double" bit during Miz's matches can be pretty funny sometimes, but that'd change if he found himself with a title. It wouldn't be very long at all before various forums all over the internet wrestling community had threads ridiculing WWE for putting the United States Championship on a comedy jobber. While it's true that there's hardly ever any shortage of complaints about any of WWE's championships at any given time, at least the US title hasn't been viewed as a joke in quite a while. People would have loved to have seen it defended more and given more relevance during Ambrose's & Sheamus' runs, but at least they weren't comedy mid-card jobbers.

On top of that, Rusev winning the title from Mizdow would have had about as much impact as a falling snowflake. While Sheamus not being actively used as US champ all that much did detract some from Rusev's win, Sheamus is still a helluva a lot bigger and more relevant star in WWE than Mizdow's ever been.

Having Mizdow win the US Championship was definitely a missed opportunity. It would have been a great way to turn him face and get him away from The Miz. Mizdow defeating Sheamus while wrestling for Miz and getting the belt would only be the start. Miz tries to claim it's "his" title that "he" won. Sandow then drops the stunt double gimmick right then and there. He says he won the title therefore it's his and his name is not Damien Mizdow it's Damien Sandow. He returns to the intellectual gimmick. The big problem would be re-establishing him after the damage that the impressions gimmick has done to him. Rusev should still have gotten the belt even if Sandow is holding it instead of Sheamus, as Sandow defeating Rusev would not have been believable in the slightest.... but at least he wouldn't be stuck being Miz's stunt double anymore. Keep him in the intellectual gimmick from then on and get him re-established. Sandow could be a contender for either midcard title for quite some time if booked better. Getting him as far away from Miz as possible and back into the gimmick that worked for him would be a good place to start. He is too talented on the mic and in the ring to be used in the role he currently is in. Save the joke roles for the guys who can't wrestle.

I had for a while an idea pertaining to Miz and Sandow, and although it's no longer feasible due to changes in the past few weeks, I just wanted to share it with everyone and have some fun with it.
After Miz failed in his US championship match with Sheamus, I felt like the next night on RAW, he could request a rematch, and have it granted, under some sort of stipulation that favors the champ. Then right before the match, Miz chickens out and tosses Mizdow in the ring. During the match, Mizdow pulls off the impossible and beats Sheamus for the championship. Miz then goes on to say that since Mizdow won, that means Miz won, and that he is now the U.S. champion. Mizdow refuses to hand over the championship, and turns face. Then the next week on RAW, during a match for the championship between Miz and Mizdow, Mizdow manages to perfectly mime every single one of Miz's movements. When Miz throws a punch, Mizdow throws a punch. Miz goes for a hip toss, Mizdow goes for a hip toss, etc. I feel like it could get Mizdow over huge.
At the end of the match, you could have Sheamus come out and brogue kick Mizdow, and start the long rumored heel turn for himself. Mizdow could hang on to the title for a month or so, and then still drop it to Rusev. Hell you could have used that extra month to further the Rusev, Big Show, Henry program and have Rusev get a win over Big Show and Henry in a handicapped match.
So what do you all think?

That would have been an good idea but I understand why they went with Rusev as champion.

I guess the split between the two can still happen between the two if they win the tag titles. They could be a comedy tag team champions like how Team Hell No was. Whenever, they split there goes their feud

Not a miss opportunity at all. All it needs is for The Miz & Mizdow to feud at any moment. The two of them facing off in a match where Mizdow mirrors Miz move for move is absolutely perfect. This is currently some of the most entertaining segments on Raw/Smackdown every week & everyone loves Mizdow. Once that bell rings, they can mirror each other until Mizdow (finally becoming Sandow again) takes the upper hand as he can "think for himself", where he finally beats Miz.

I did believe they were heading towards Mizdow winning a title and then refusing to surrender it to Miz. However that seems to have passed at least for the time being, and I can't really see where they're taking these two, whether it be a tag title attempt or an actual split.

Though to be honest i won't be happy if they split them up before one spot i desperately want to see. Miz vs opponent, sandow outside the ring mimicking as usual. Then Miz gets put through a table, as Sandow looks on, frozen with fear, the opponent looks at sandow, indicates he should put himself through a table, calls him out for not being a committed stunt double, have sandow finally throw himself from the top rope through a table. that's it. i can then die happy

I would leave Mizdow as he is for the time being, even going as far as winning the tag titles with Miz. The Mizdow thing still has plenty of shelf life and atm there's more value in keeping him there. Especially if they become tag champs since the division could use the depth, the gimmick naturally draws attention which is another thing the division could use and lastly we don't need a turned Sandow getting lost in the mid-card shuffle like, well Miz has been ever since his 1 night IC title reign.

Let the two guys gain some momentum as tag champs since it helps the both of them and WWE overall more. Eventually Sandow will turn but letting the gimmick play out a while longer just makes people more eager to see that turn finally happen and a bigger pop when it does. The single title idea is nice but it's hard to see it atm. Rusev had to get the US title since it was the natural progression to his gimmick and neither Miz or Sandow should be the ones taking it from him. IC eh.... I think Miz had enough IC title runs this year. Plus I like how the title is involved in the bigger Authority feud, makes it seem more relevant and that makes both single titles unavailable for a while. Which is why I would prefer they went to the tag titles route since despite how much I like the Dust Brothers they've haven't done much besides face the Usos about 50 times and recently get their ass kicked by a small bull, so sadly enough no one will really miss them as tag champs.

Having Mizdow win the US Championship was definitely a missed opportunity. It would have been a great way to turn him face and get him away from The Miz.

All of which begs the question of whether this whole Mizdow stuff is Creative giving the opportunity to Damien Sandow to make something of himself.....or whether it's just another comedy/jobber bit designed to give the guy something to do before bouncing his intellectual ass out of the organization.

Personally, I'd like to think he's being groomed for something better.....then I think of 3MB....and it convinces me that once a performer has dropped to the level of humorous sidekick-type programs, he's not ascending to meaningful programs either now or in the future. The better question is how long before the bottom will drop out?

I'd love to be wrong. Let WWE management become convinced by the Mizdow program that Damien is a diamond in the rough and discover that this comedy schtick can be forwarded to some serious exposure and career success for Sandow.

Is it a Hit or Mizdow proposition? Sure, but what isn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back