• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A link between wrestling fans and rock/metal music?

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
I was thinking....

After spending alot of time on these forums recently and looking at what songs people are posting, it seems the majority of posters on here are fans of the rock/metal genres of music...be it heavy metal, death, speed, thrash, grunge, nu-metal, hardcore, black or whatever...

There doesnt seem to be that much music talked about that falls outside these genres. Yeah, I know there is a hip-hop thread, I have seen a couple of posters are fans of electronic and rap etc but most seem to be into heavier music.

Why is this?

All I can think of is that metal music is generally more aggresive and violent than most other genres (not including gangsta rap), and covers themes such as death, war and power. Wrestling in itself focuses on violent acts such as beating people up, angry promos, use of weapons, blood etc. Does anyone think that this is why the fans of wrestling are often fans of aggresive music?

Also, with rock/metal being used as entrance music for many superstars, due to the type of music suiting the indimidating wrestlers entrance, is this a factor also?

I may be talking a load of shit, but it the 2 just seem linked to me, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. Hopefully it will spark some interesting discussion anyway?

I'm not so sure about that, I started whatching wrestling when I was 10, I've now been playing the drums since I was 8. I first got into rock and metal prolly around 5-6. Nothing uber brutal, but you know some easier rock and ac/dc. I personally won't lisiten to any band the wwe has put out in a while for any themesong. Cm punks themsong was by Kse and thats as close as I get to it. However I do like how Tna is using 5fdp's song on some of their stuff right now.

My musical taste goes around on playing tallent, the media or other factors other than my family haven't really influenced my tastes at all, now I'm not sure about some other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back