• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A.J.'s "Unstable" Gimmick

DethMetal

Best for (the Music) Business
Since about Wrestlemania after Daniel Bryan broke up with her, A.J. has displayed slight characteristics of a mentally unstable individual. She has stalked Daniel Bryan, trying everything she can think of to get his attention to no avail, going crazy whenever someone speaks badly of Bryan, and lately seems to be doing something with CM Punk (or maybe I'm just thinking too much of that skit on RAW).

What do you think of this storyline and where do you think it's headed?

I'm enjoying the storyline with her so far. I think it's nice that their giving a diva something with substance to do, and A.J. plays the part pretty well. Not too sure where they're going with this, but I like it.

I am really enjoying this storyline but I (and the crowd too) will get tired of it if it doesn't go anywhere. Every segment with D-Bry I keep waiting for A.J to do something but she just keeps staying backstage and slapping Kaitlyn.But,I will say that this whole character change has convinced me that A.J is one of the top 5 divas in the WWE right now.

I like it. I like watching her flip out and start beating up the other divas. It's also good because it's giving her a character other than just being a brunette that wears skull stuff. Characters are something the Divas have been lacking for a long time.

It's awesome from a storyline standpoint. It's not everyday that you see divas and superstars interacting against each other, so I like that. I want to see if AJ completely goes insane because I could see that happening. I also want to see if AJ will make Bryan jealous, especially with how she wish Punk "good luck" on Raw. I just hope it doesn't lead to nothing.

From a character standpoint, I love it. I always enjoyed AJ's work, but she's just amazing when she's aggressive and now she's not some diva who goes around smiling like a few others. She has depth and fans can get behind that.

She's doing a great job thus far. Her portrayal as this innocent, somewhat naive young woman goes hand in hand with her physical looks. She looks like a sweet young woman that was in over her head with Daniel Bryan. Bryan taking advantage of that and mistreating her was a great way to put heat on him and build up sympathy for AJ.

Now it's morphed into something where AJ does come off as somewhat "unstable" and she's also pulled it off really well. She seems to be able to switch between the sweet, innocent character and this aggressive wild thing at the drop of a hat. This has the potential to be something interesting if WWE lets it. On Raw last night, it looked like CM Punk just sorta blew her off, not in a dickish way or anything, but AJ looked like that was how she took it. This MIGHT lead to her getting involved in his match against Daniel Bryan, possibly even helping Bryan to pull an upset and win the title in the hopes of getting back in his good graces. It could also signal something of a further development in AJ as a more ruthless character, someone that's willing to stoop to Bryan's level in order to get what she wants. That could lead to Bryan & AJ sort of becoming a "power couple", with Bryan impressed by her initiative and her new outlook on things.

It's also possible that WWE could simply go the route of keeping AJ as just this unbalanced chick that goes around competeing in matches, which I certainly hope they don't do because it's a waste of a perfectly good storyline and it's just flat out nice to see a Diva involved in something both relevant and compelling.

I don't know where it's going, but thank God one of the divas has a personality beyond "is hot and happy" or "is hot and a mean girl".

I'd say she should get in to a program where she tries to take things away from people so that they can know what it's like to have something and lose it, like the Divas Championship. But that would imply that the butterfly belt has meaning, and that women's wrestling didn't retire with Trish and her belt.

Let me just add this.. in my life, I've only watched maybe.. 3-4 episodes of FCW. One of those, and the most recent one, was when she was their Diva's champ and was a heel and did an entire promo in the ring and sold it better than I had seen ANY promo sold in the past 6 months at that time. Her work was simply amazing, and this was around the time where she was just the "gamer girl next door" and winning matches, after NXT right when she broke into the live SD shows. I felt so insulted in the fact that someone of her caliber, a diva that can actually wrestle, act, and have amazing mic skills, was being so misused and ignored. I'm so ecstatic of her new character.

Someone said that she's in their top 5? But for me, she's in my Top 3. It's mostly a testimant to how horrible the Diva's Division is, currently, but my top 3 are Kharma, Beth Phoenix, and AJ. Beth Phoenix sold that ankle injury so well recently, and just her in-ring ability is just so veteran that it's hard to not love her, even though she -has- been a tad stale lately. Kharma, she's been gone for over a year, but she is Amazing Kong. The couple months she was active in WWE, she made an enormous impact, and we just know everything she is capable of, so.. enough said. And AJ, I've already stated my fascination and admiration of her talents, she's the definition of amazing. So, I, along with pretty much every WWE fan hope and want to see this story actually go somewhere deep, very deep.

She is making the roll happen , I mean as Jack-Hammer said, she can just flip the switch and it looks good and not awkward.Good thing that they give some substance to some diva.Cause we havent really been seeing any real character development in divas, besides Alicix Fox being heel/face/heel/face in a matter of a month or so.

Its good that a part of me wants to see every week how this thing develops.It means they are actually making me interested in one of the divas.Cause besides being interested in Beth Phoenix and Natalya for the wrestling aspect, I dont really care for divas ( tho I miss me some Bellas ).

Hope they keep this up and do a good and solid story line and not just make her a simple thing people associate with the phrase "B*tches be crazy".

i think aj does great with her unstable gimmick i hope she doesnt cost daniel bryan the match at over the limit but i think its only a matter of time until she slaps the taste out of daniel bryan's mouth i think its nice to see her destory divas during matches her shining wizard finisher looks pretty cool.

AJ has really been impressive with her recent psycho-girlfreind gimmick. I think that she is currently better than almost every other Diva simply because she has a gimmick and is part of a storyline. She played a major part in Bryan getting such reactions. I don't think that Bryan could have gotten such heat from doing anything else as he got from "AJ, Shut up" and "I wish you were never born".

As for where this is heading, I think that at some point she will cost Bryan the title. I hope that they don't reunite AJ-Bryan or turn her heel.

It's a fantastic use of a Diva, and the most interested Ive been in a character from that division in some time. Some could point to WWE's use of Eve as an executive assistant who has the ability to make matches, but i'm looking for believability here. Eve doesn't project it in the low cut tops and rediculously short skirts. Would you respect your female boss if she dressed that way? I wouldn't. \

AJ, on the other hand, both looks and acts the part of the gimmick she's been given. She projects an innocence both in dress and in action, and someone who's easily emotional fisturbed. For good reason: Daniel Bryan has tortured her for some time.,

I love the gimmick, and I hope they use it to the fullest. Right now, it's something that's absolutely transcended the DIva's division and makes her essentially bigger then the division. That's not a remarkable acoomplishment in a division that means nothing, but it's still a credit to how she's been handled, and how AJ herself has been able to portray both the wounded puppy and the vicious attack dog when provoked.

The key here is the follow-through. I would be absolutely shocked if AJ wasn'tn somehow involved in the match between Punk and Bryan at Over The Limit. I think Bryan's further rejection of her on Smackdown and Punk's somewhat dismissal of her was done to establish a legitimate reason for her to get involved. Whether it will be for her to screw over Bryan, who's screwed with her, or to help him to get back in his good graces, I see no chance AJ doesn't get involved here. And the best part of it is that I have absolutely no idea how, which sells me on the match somewhat. Her character has walked the line between sweet innocent girl, and deranged, damaged goods, and that's done more then anything to sell me on Punk and Bryan(outside of knowing the match will be fantastically wrestled) then anything else WWE has done.

Here's hoping they follow through and she's involved in the finish somehow. I normally hate screwy finishes, but this one makes more sense and has been built to AJ involvement. Anything less would be a waste of the work she' done.

I for one love an since the day she was in fcw as the snobby sassy diva that everyone loved to hate. The current character she us using is fresh and I am looking to see where she goes with it. I mean Eve's character seems to get over so with the crowd so I really think will not drop the ball with an because I think that we are starting to see personality in the divas division and I love it because the divas need that no matter how long their matches last. The character is what matters. This is entertainment u know. Anyways I feel that aj should go heel because she was believable in character and on the mic. She was gold in fcw as a heel so when she gets "stable" writers should take the sassy, snobby little diva route. I believe it would work well with Daniel Bryan's character and they could both
conquer the wwe together as a power couple.

This is pretty much the most unpredictable storyline, cuz no one really knows what's going to happen and we can't spoil it for ourselves like other storylines

I love AJ's character she the only diva or even any other midcarder that got actually character development (Eve too but until she start using her power to really screw people over), this is what happens when WWE is patient and lets them be show their emotions and why we should care about them.

I think AJ would be the face of the women division one day. Please let it happen cuz K2 is a bad representative for the company.

I think the AJ/Bryan relationship is the best storyline in WWE right now and it is largely because she is such a good actress. Most other current divas, if given the same gimmick, would look absolutely laughable (in a bad way) trying to sell the 'Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction' act. She not only sells it, but has proven she can hold her own when sharing the same stage as a bonafide main eventer like D-Bry.

I always liked her because she was good in the ring and incredibly cute but this storyline has probably made her my favorite diva.

I have not been this interested in a diva angle in a VERY long time. AJ provides something different to a division that desperately needs it. She stands out from all the barbie princesses, but in a way far different from girls like Beth/Kharma/Natalya. She is not an amazon or a barbie princess. There is not a single diva on the roster who can claim to have a similar character to her now. They all either are the princess who can't wrestle type, or the amazon type. This has given AJ a chance to be a pretty face AND a fighter during her moments of snapping. I just hope she does not go back to Bryan again.

AJ is adorable and this unstable gimmick/angle only further adds to her character which already stood out in a great way. Her unique character needed development, a warrior side to show that she can go from being cute to being deadly. This is exactly what she needs to become Divas Champion and a feud between her and Layla (or whoever has the belt by then) is what WWE should build toward as a possible Summerslam feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back