• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A hole in the Nexus Storyline

Kidd

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now that Punk has taken over Nexus, are we ever gonna find out why they attacked Taker during his Buried Alive match with Kane?

As I recall, it seemed to be Wade Barrett's decision. I remember the next night on Raw Otunga threatening Barrett with telling everyone why they attacked Taker.

Now that Barrett is no longer in the Nexus, will this be resolved or is this possibly the reason that it looks like Barrett is moving to SmackDown? Perhaps, Taker and Barret will begin a feud once Taker returns and gets even with Kane?

What are your thoughts?

They moved Barrett over just for this. They'll give Barrett/Slater/Gabriel the Kane treatment from 7 years ago for the build-up for wm 27. It's all coming together now. Taker's out so he'll haunt them. There's no hole, they are actually filling what was there.

now that barrett is on smackdown he will most likely face taker at mania. take will return and want revenge on barrett for taking him out. its actually really simple. this current hole in the storyline will be filled in soon.

now that barrett is on smackdown he will most likely face taker at mania. take will return and want revenge on barrett for taking him out. its actually really simple. this current hole in the storyline will be filled in soon.
This is what I was kinda thinking/hoping.

I was wondering if I was alone in this thought process.

But what about the rest of the members of Nexus? Do they get off simply because it was Barrett's idea? I would say yes.

I thinking this will end up as a conspiracy between Barrett and Kane and Taker will make them both pay.

That being said, why do you think Barrett struck a deal with the Big Red Monster? I remember, Barrett talking about uniting for a common purpose and thought all along that the purpose was to get all the gold in the WWE including the WWE Championship for himself. Now that seems to be out the window.

So what's the common purpose? And what did it have to do with Kane and the Undertaker?

There are even more holes, atleast in my mind that is :p because at their debut/takeover on raw they beat down cena and everyone is talking about that but they also beat down punk who is the current leader off harris mcgilligutty(?) and otunga.

There are even more holes, atleast in my mind that is :p because at their debut/takeover on raw they beat down cena and everyone is talking about that but they also beat down punk who is the current leader off harris mcgilligutty(?) and otunga.

To me it isn't a big deal because in "wrestling" people often beat down others or even feud with them only to eventually team up in different capacities, sometimes with the past being mentioned and other times without it being mentioned. If it wasn't a big deal when people who feuded heavily with the nWo joined them for example then I don't think that its a big deal when someone who was beat up by nexus months ago, yet is also a heel and has the heel mindset of knowing why such things happen, joins and leads them. With that in mind, I can see why others take issue with such things.

I personally think they might have had something planned with the Nexus but with Undertaker out with injuries either they scrapped the plans or put it on hold until he is better and can compete, would of been better if maybe Kane became the leader of Nexus and he was the reason they attacked taker at least then it would have a interesting story line but maybe they will have barret fued with taker since he is moved to smackdown

Without getting off topic the hole in the Nexus storyline I'm waiting for is the greater purpose of the Nexus. They were talking about it heavily in the promos leading up to Survivor Series, only to be overshadowed by the Cena firing. The only way I can see them closing this is if they make beating the Undertaker at Mania the greater purpose.

As others have said, I think the fact that Wade Barrett has been moved to SmackDown! is a good indication that the WWE intends to have him face Taker at WrestleMania.

With Taker out healing and rehabing a torn rotator cuff, this particular storyline has had to be sort of pushed aside for the time being. Also, if Slater & Gabriel wind up heading to SmackDown! as well, like so many people have been speculating, to hook up with Wade Barrett then a Taker/Barrett program seems to be all the more solid as Taker will have an opportunity to avenge himself on two other former Nexus members that attacked him on SmackDown!.

think its fair to say several members have been moved to smackdown as they are needed to keep the show interesting and refresh it! vince wants smackdown bigger and better so this is just a way of doing it any barret fans will now be watchin smackdown, as for the hole in the storyline i dnt think so. things are said in wrestling that often dont come about due to creative changes or injuries or many other reasons, the greater good barret tlks about is always a world title n doing kane in was to try n get help to beat orton which kane did by chokeslammin orton on smackdown to otunga won. i believe give the storyline a chance and am positive it will make sense includin punk taken on nexus. gives a chance for punk n cena to fued a fued the public aint seen and will enjoy!

Here's a hole in the storyline, what purpose did Wade have in attacking The Undertaker anyway? Like, why Barrett? I understand he talked to Kane and so on, but why would he even approach Kane? It just seems everything is being strung together and not making too much sense right now. But I suppose time will tell.

I think the problem is solved with Wade Barrett being moved over to Smackdown his current feud with Big Show is just beginning used to pass time until Wrestlemania or even Elimantion Chamber when the being of the Undertaker feud will more then likely take place. Nexus's actions won't go without retribution from the Deadman.

Well, Barrett wasn't moved for nothing. The WWE is trying to build the Barrett/Undertaker feud more. Add Slater and Gabriel, and now you basically have the main part of Nexus that attacked Taker. I think that Barrett will have a mystery opponent at Wrestlemania(Taker) to book the match if more of a build-up isn't possible.

Without getting off topic the hole in the Nexus storyline I'm waiting for is the greater purpose of the Nexus. They were talking about it heavily in the promos leading up to Survivor Series, only to be overshadowed by the Cena firing. The only way I can see them closing this is if they make beating the Undertaker at Mania the greater purpose.

I was also wondering about this. When Nexus first started there was talk of a higher power and an unseen leader. People who were suggested ranged from Triple H to John Cena to Michael Cole. Now Nexus has split and Punk is the leader. So they have they just swept that initial storyline under the carpet?

And why Punk?

Here's a hole in the storyline, what purpose did Wade have in attacking The Undertaker anyway? Like, why Barrett? I understand he talked to Kane and so on, but why would he even approach Kane? It just seems everything is being strung together and not making too much sense right now. But I suppose time will tell.

That's not a hole, that's just information yet to be revealed. Besides Kane and Barrett were not in cahoots. When Taker returns I don't believe Kane will be the main object of his focus, Barrett wil because he interfered where he didn't belong. "Like, why Barrett?", in kayfabe we're yet to find out of course but in actuality it was to set the two guys up for a mania confrontation, ever since they decided he would be able to pull it off which is at Survivor Series or whichever PPV it was.

My personal concern at the moment, aside for taker being fit for the big event, is them not getting too deeply involved in a big show feud so as not to lock barrett down. Therefore here is what I think should happen from now on. I think The Corre need to play on their tagline of all being individuals and should branch off a little bit. I think the two powerhouses Zeke and Big Show should pair off, Zeke is big and strong enough to look like he can contend against "the worlds largest athlete". Gabriel and slater should dance around the tag team titles again but not win them possibly until closer to the event to set up a teag team match for the belts as Slater and Gabriel v Harris and McGuilicutty This all leaves Barrett, not alone, but able to feud with taker 1 v 1.

But so the group doesn't look too distant and stretched they still need to be shown coming to the ring together and backstage together. They can't silently just drift apart and disband, they do need to be linked, no matter how weakly. I know how dissapointed some people are with Undertaker's opponent this mania given the oppertunity for a dream match still exists but myself, I am excited to see a guy with true raw potential being acknowledged and an fascinated to see where this mania feud will lead him, should the rumours be true.

I personally think we will see the start of this at The Royal Rumble. The Takers gong will go off and distract Barrett and he will be eliminated. Taker will probably return at EC and be used sparingly before their match at Mania.

Personally I cant say I am looking to forward to this. Barrett, despite numerous opportunities hasnt won the Gold yet, Cena and Orton beat him recently and he was kicked out of Nexus.

It needs a specila guest Referee to make it more interesting. How about HBK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back