• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A History of Wasted Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm8117

Pre-Show Stalwart
There are a few threads regarding the "future" of the WWE, in terms of mid-card wrestlers bound to become headline performers in the next few years. But when I think about that it upsets me.

I bring this up because I just watched Val Venis' "return" to Heat, and I remembered his Intercontinental Title reigns, and his great personality, along with his physical condition and borderline athleticism. And now he's on Heat. I may not have a point but it upsets me. I was twelve when he was feuding with Ken Shamrock, y'know?...I feel the same way about Billy Gunn and Christian.

dtm8117 said:
I bring this up because I just watched Val Venis' "return" to Heat, and I remembered his Intercontinental Title reigns, and his great personality, along with his physical condition and borderline athleticism.

There's a good chance that he would have eventually become champion and that Billy Gunn may have as well, but then the opportunity came to purchase WCW which increased the roster size, brought about the split, sped up the debuts of developmental wrestlers, and then left people in the cold. That's life.

Dysturbed said:
There's a good chance that he would have eventually become champion and that Billy Gunn may have as well, but then the opportunity came to purchase WCW which increased the roster size, brought about the split, sped up the debuts of developmental wrestlers, and then left people in the cold. That's life.
I think that's a valid point, but they had from June 1999 to March 2001 to push Billy. He couldn't get over. He's still holding onto D-X -esque things to get over. "B-I-N-G-O?" After the WCW acquisition, they paired him with "Chuck". I think there was room for him in main events, but he just couldn't do it alone. Just what I think.

I always liked Val Venus. He should leave the WWE thats what I would do if I were him, maybe got to TNA or around the indy circuit.

Matt Hardy, Christian, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Big Show, Raven!

All of these guys are being wasted or were wasted by the WWE/WWF.

Its sad really.

Undertaker said:
Matt Hardy, Christian, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Big Show, Raven!

All of these guys are being wasted or were wasted by the WWE/WWF.

Its sad really.

It's a good thing Christain went to TNA where he is use currectly

Agreed gamehead. Although I think taking the belt off of him is a bad idea.

Considering only he and Sting are known. Even Jarrett is a relative unknown to non-wrestling fans.

TNA is smart, they signed Christian and gave him the NWA belt.

WWE is stupid and gives the belt to to the likes of RVD and Edge!

Undertaker said:
Considering only he and Sting are known in TNA. Even Jarrett is a relative unknown to non-wrestling fans.

I disagree that only Christain and Sting are known in TNA! Alot of people know Jeff Hardy and wish he come back to WWE. Same as people know about the X-Divison and Team 3D (Dudley Boyz) and The James Gang (New Age Outlaws) to keep it short!

Yeah, maybe so. But I am talking about NON-WRESTLING fans.

They don't know Jarrett or the X-Division!

They do know who Sting and Christian are tho. I have talked to several people at college who know both of them, but if I mention Jarret, they are like who? I like Jarrett, he was right on the money in what he said about Heyman! But thats just how it is!

Eh WWE underuses some people on their roster. I thought they did poorly with Jericho after his undisputed title run. Booker T had kind of been languishing until he won the king of the ring.

As for Val Venis being underutilized, I don't really think so. He never really seemed to have more than mid-car potential. He was alright but completely replaceable with some other guy who happened to be in good shape. As for Christian eh..TNA can have him. He was okay in the WWE but really Edge carried him through most of his career there. Right now Christian is simply a living example of "a big fish in a small pond". As for Jeff Hardy, will you take his brother too? I've been waiting for those annoying hillbillies to be sent into exhile for years.

i think kane has always been misused. i mean he held the belt for 24 hrs.!? y even give it 2 him. the fake kane thing sux and im glad its over. he needs a strap

plus i think the draft should come back 2 ship some raw stars 2 sd! 2 level the field until they shut down. then kane goes 2 sd! and has a reasonable title run

I think the draft should disappear. Smackdown gets no ratings and we need new fueds. 8 shows a month, 1 PPV a month, the way it used to be. Then we can see new fueds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back