A Film By

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
I HATE when a film has that before the title. It pisses me right off. I was watching a film last night called A Little Trip To Heaven. Poor film. Straight to video for a reason. At the beginning it stated A Film By Baltasar Kormákur. Who he? Nobody that's who. The only people who care if it's a film by Baltasar are his family. Nobody else has watched this film because of his directing credentials. Masybe the only reason they watched it is because they're reclusive and collect and old shit on DVD.

Now I can understand a film by Steve Spielberg being in the title. His name will sell, same with Tarantino & Scorsese. But even Michale Bay is doing it. Somebody needs to tell him that they didn't see Transformers because it was directed by him.

I wouldn't say it pisses me off whenever I see some jackass director put "A Film By ______________", but it does make me instantly think "What a joke" and it sends out the wrong vibe, but once the movies gets rolling, it completely slips my mind until the end credits come up.

Kevin Smith refuses to put "A Film By Kevin Smith" in any of his pictures. He's explained why on several occasions by saying he hasn't made any of the films he's written and directed; the people who acted in them and the people on the production staff and all around film crew are the real reasons a film ever gets completed. And I agree with his opinion wholeheartedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back