• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A compromise

DarkLordFett

Occasional Pre-Show
First off, this idea is all predicated on Linda dumping her bid for public office. I'm not sure what she plans on getting out of it, but it really is holding the company back.

Now I'm not going to advocate for the return of the Attitude Era as it was a product of it's time. The writing, the superstars, it all just came together perfectly. However, the company can easily come to a compromise when it comes to appeasing the long-time fans and the families.

As there are already two televised brands plus NXT and the new Saturday morning show, turn Raw into the edgier brand. This may mean moving talent around to promote Smackdown as the more family friendly brand. Or at least having certain talent move back and forth. Not that it doesn't happen regularly as it is.

I'm not talking bringing back chairshots and blade jobs as a regular fixture, but having them happen every now and then as part of a story line. They don't need to have over sexed divas. Just good story lines between the divas and the wrestlers again. They've been doing it some already with Aksana. It doesn't take much.

As I said, the Attitude Era is gone. It very likely will never come back around. Like the original NWO, it was a product of the perfect combination of people and timing that is almost impossible to duplicate. But we can have our cake and eat it too when it comes to the fun of Attitude and more family friendly product today.

As a side note, I really wish they would go back to WWF. Make WWE the global branding for the entire company, World Wrestling Federation(western hemisphere)/Entertainment(eastern hemisphere) as the wrestling arm of the company to appease World Wildlife Fund. WWE Films, etc. I understand it's an issue with the other WWF's lawsuit regarding overseas use of the WWF logo, but it's all long taken care of at this point. Move on and let us have our WWF back.

The WWE still can't use the name WWF. They can now leave it unedited on past shows but they still can't use it as their name.

They took away only headshots from chairs to protect people's brains. With all this concussion stuff coming out, I think the WWE should leave it that way.

Sponsers would love the WWE if its two shows had completley different tones.

98 - Meh. Had great moments but a lot of crap as well.
99 - Sucked.
00 - One of the best years ever.
01 - Invasion killed it.

The divas were sexed up in the AE so I have no idea where you are coming from with wanting divas like the AE did. You should want the divas from the RE era.

The beginning of this year was freaking awesome. This year really has not been bad, a few dull spots but nothing horrible.

First off, this idea is all predicated on Linda dumping her bid for public office. I'm not sure what she plans on getting out of it, but it really is holding the company back.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Move on and let us have our WWF back.

Oh, OUR WWF. Well, that makes everything different. I didn't realize we were so integral to the process in those halcyon days, that it actually entitled us to some ownership over it. By all means, then. :worship:

:disappointed:

I just don't understand the reasons some of you come up with to actively resist being entertained by the WWE's product. If it offends you that deeply, just move on, there's great wrestling happening all over the world. I suggest Dragongate and their sister Indie Dragongate USA.

You know, there is a lot of things people can argue that can be done or shouldn't be done. I'll advocate there was more talent in the attitude era for Diva's when you factor in Jaqueline, Tori (not Wilson, the other one), Ivory, Trish, Lita and Chyna where now it feels a little more like eye candy with some exceptions.

I just want to put my 2¢ in here. 98 was meh, 99 was great to me, 00 was just as good and 01 was killed by the invasion.

The bold part really stood out to me. I'm guessing Linda has a pretty good idea what she wants so don't count on her dropping out just because you want her to.

The WWE still can't use the name WWF. They can now leave it unedited on past shows but they still can't use it as their name.

They took away only headshots from chairs to protect people's brains. With all this concussion stuff coming out, I think the WWE should leave it that way.

Sponsers would love the WWE if its two shows had completley different tones.

98 - Meh. Had great moments but a lot of crap as well.
99 - Sucked.
00 - One of the best years ever.
01 - Invasion killed it.

The divas were sexed up in the AE so I have no idea where you are coming from with wanting divas like the AE did. You should want the divas from the RE era.

The beginning of this year was freaking awesome. This year really has not been bad, a few dull spots but nothing horrible.

As far as the divas go, you must have misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't wanting to go back to AE divas, just give them something to do. The can't wrestle worth a crap, so at least have some kind of story lines for them or ditch them.

I don't agree that this year has been all that good. Too few good feuds, too many random attempts at feuds. And far too many guys have been buried by Vince going in so many random directions. I know it's his company, but he needs to let creative do what they're paid to do. I doubt he will let that happen any time soon though.

You know, there is a lot of things people can argue that can be done or shouldn't be done. I'll advocate there was more talent in the attitude era for Diva's when you factor in Jaqueline, Tori (not Wilson, the other one), Ivory, Trish, Lita and Chyna where now it feels a little more like eye candy with some exceptions.

I just want to put my 2¢ in here. 98 was meh, 99 was great to me, 00 was just as good and 01 was killed by the invasion.

The divas division was far more talented at the time. No argument there. That's what I want to see back. We don't need the gratuitousness just the abilities. There are 3 or 4 ladies I can really think of that have decent in-ring right now. And it's why the Women's title became the Diva's title. The history of the title was being tarnished.

The bold part really stood out to me. I'm guessing Linda has a pretty good idea what she wants so don't count on her dropping out just because you want her to.
I'm not counting on her dropping out. I read a while ago that she's actually doing better in the primaries this year than in her previous bid.

People really think WWE will change if Linda drops out of the politics?

Since the PG era began with her bid for Senate, yes, things are more likely to and probably will change if she's no longer bidding for a political seat. I'm not sure I see her winning a seat again this year, and I imagine she'll run again in '14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back