• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A British Takeover?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
In an interview conducted recently by the UK's "Sun", Desmond Wolfe praised his fellow British stars – namely Brutus Magnus, Douglas Williams and Rob Terry – in TNA, and claimed that the "grapplers from the UK are taking over the company".

"When I started out in wrestling, Doug was one of my peers that I aspired towards.

"I watched a lot of his technical wrestling when he was working for Brian Dixon and he helped me a lot. I tagged with him in Japan and stuff like that. It was great to see him there in TNA.

"Magnus I hadn't actually met before I went to TNA, but I think he is a tremendous talent. He has great ability to make people dislike him! I think he's brilliant!

"And then Rob. He's the heart and soul. He genuinely wants to be the best wrestler he possibly can and is very respectful ad works his a*** off.

We are all well aware of how Wolfe's push had it's legs cut out from under it, and while his last few weeks/months in the company have been anything but memorable, you can't help but think that there's potential here, no?

Coupled with the fact that both Brutus Magnus and Douglas Williams – both former members of The British Invasion stable – inked long-term contracts with TNA recently, could an updated British Invasion be in the works, and better yet, would that benefit Wolfe any? What effect would it have on the remaining members, as well?

You can read the full interview here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...talks-about-the-British-wrestlers-in-TNA.html

Let's cut back with the stables for now. However I am pleased with the idea of the British talent getting pushes. The guys (except Terry) have a very technically sound style which is something that's been missing from both WWE and TNA for a while now (Except Kurt Angle). Doug has already elevated the X Division to a level it was not at last year. Rob may not be a good wrestler but passion goes a long way. As for Brutus, I can't say much because he rarely sees TV these days. However I at least know he can work a mic from past promo's. I'm all in all for pushing the brits, but for now stay clear from the BI reunion. 2 stables is enough.

No, that's just The Sun's hyperbole. And if it wasn't - and it is - it's not even a direct quote from Wolfe. And if it was - and it's not - then he'd be speaking figuratively. And if he wasn't - and he would be - then he'd be talking shit. And if he wasn't - and he, again, would be - then that'd be a terrible angle.

I mean, firstly, you have the poor invasion angles that TNA pulls out of its ass every few months. They're normally terrible and then quietly fizzle out so nobody even notices.

Secondly, British wrestlers - minus one or two - are terrible. It could be because their gimmicks are usually composed of "Yeah, I'm British. I even have the Union Flag on my tights, see?" Desmond's quite good and Doug has quite a cool finisher, but that's about it.

So, to summarise, it's not happening and - if it was - it'd be typically abysmal.

No point to it, really. The British Invasion never really did anything noteworthy. Simply adding Wolfe, who's become more or less a jobber at this point, wouldn't make much them any better. Not in the slightest.

Sure, some of them are talented in the ring and Terry looks damn fine, but not worhty of a stable that will get meaningful airtime. If it did happen, it'd help everyone involved, because they need the help. Except Williams. He's just fine and dandy at the moment.

I don't see the need to remake the British Invasion. Certainly there's new talent to make it work now. But do we really need to see it? I don't think so. The things I remember mostly from The British Invasion was the time they were feuding with The Main Event Mafia as a part of World Elite.

I could see it working. Sure there's always the potential for any given storyline. But there's no need for it. And because of that -Then there's no need to even consider remaking it.

The faction has run its course. To bring it back again would ruin what potential these stars have of making it as singles stars. They're all doing just fine I would say.

Meh, I don't really see a point to it. There was nothing particularly special about The British Invasion the first time around. Doug Williams and Brutus Magnus did hold the IWGP and TNA tag titles as a team, but nothing memorable took place with either reign. They stood around looking snooty while Eric Young droned on about the World Elite's purpose. Williams has done alright for himself thus far and is easily the best X-Division champ in a very long time. Rob Terry is simply awful at this point. I haven't laid eyes on him in, what, close to 2 months now? That in and of itself is an improvement in TNA programming. Desmond Wolfe is a great talent, but he's pretty much just a jobber at this point and his stock is pretty low in TNA right now.

It has the potential to help Wolfe, Magnus & Terry but it'd be a step backwards for Williams at this point.

While I am obviously a huge fan of Wolfe, I've got to agree with the general consensus here and say that a British Invasion 2.0 would be rather pointless at this point, especially seeing as the first version wasn't particularly memorable itself – better than that initial gladiator gimmick Magnus ran, but not very memorable otherwise.

I actually agree mostly with shattered dreams here about Wolfe moving on to compete for the Global Championship. No better choice for mid-card champion than him, if you ask me. Terry, although getting a bit of a focus on Xplosion right now, just isn't a strong enough champion to warrant being one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back