A Book, Movie, Song or TV show that inspires you

LilacFray

Unregistered User
There must at least be one, right? I for one, love the movie Cinderella Man. It's one of my favourites. But movies aren't exactly my thing. I'm more of a reader. Heard of the Chicken Soup series? If you haven't, well then, shame on you. :p It's an absolutely uplifting series that's aimed at different types of individuals of different ages, ranging from Teens to Dads and Grandmothers to Preteens. I own two books - yes, just two books... Oh. I just remembered that I should add something else to my Bucket List - Own the complete series of Chicken Soup books. Anyway, for those who don't know about it, each book is filled with short stories based on real experiences, gathered together with some comical illustrations and wonderful quotes in almost every chapter. I remember when I first saw one of the books, I laughed and flipped through it. At first I thought it was a Cook Book, and I love cook books but I just found the title amusing. But it's the content which inspired me so much.

And please don't just look at this this thread and click away to another part of the forum because I make these topics while my parents complain about my relationship with my laptop. Logging in here the next day and seeing just maybe 2 replies depresses me and that's when I cry silently to myself and later seek solace in the only two Chicken Soup books I own. Bad joke, yes.

If I were to mention an inspiring song, I'd go with this -

Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
[YOUTUBE]b7k0a5hYnSI[/YOUTUBE]

What is the Book, Movie, Song or TV show that inspires you?

What makes it special?

Rather than one book, there's one authour whose work is pretty inspiring, Kurt Vonnegut.

His style was so different to anything else I read before his work and the first book I read after bingeing on his books just felt so flat. He entwined so many styles in each book, from sci-fi imaginings to personal experiences, from historical fact and fiction to nonsensical gibberish. As is the case with Lilac's Chicken Soup books, there are always a lot of great little quotes in Vonnegut's book that even out of context are great little mantras to see things differently or to know that someone else sees things the same too.

If I had to pick one of his books above all the others, I'd go for Timequake. The main story is pretty imaginative and sometimes a little confusing, but it has 2 of my favourite quotes in it;
Many people need desperately to receive this message: "I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them. You are not alone."
You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back