Coldplay vs Third Eye Blind

• Coldplay

• Third Eye Blind

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Coldplay vs Third Eye Blind

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Voting on Third Eye Blind as I feel Coldplay are immensly overated. Crap songs, a singer who sounds as boring as a Cena match.

This is a matchup I wish never happened. These are two bands I'd have preferred having match up with juggernauts in the first round and getting slaughtered. But, luck of the draw.

Coldplay is whiney and annoying, but they put together a few good beats, sounds, and lyrics. I still become entraced by the beginning of Clocks. It may be one of the most hypnotic songs ever.

Third Eye Blind, on the other hand, conjures up thoughts of Dawson's Creek, which is frightening and makes my fiancee question my sexuality. THAT, and the fact that the song "Jumper" is so obnoxious - just let the guy jump and be done with it!

I resent both bands, because 1) the lead singer of Coldplay is banging Paltrow, and 2) the guys from Third Eye are banging everyone else in the world. Jealously, perhaps, but it will take a miracle 2nd round draw to see either band make it to round 3.

ROFL at IC25 not liking Third Eye Blind. I figured they'd be right up your alley.

And now for IC25's wrath: I liked Third Eye Blind's first album. Everything they did after was total utter shit, but "Semi Charmed Life" is catchy as fuck, and "Graduate" is a fantastic song.

That said, Coldplay is NOT overrated. Coldplay is easily one of the best bands to come out of Britain since Oasis. Every album is a killer, and they're so talented it's ridiculious. Some people don't like them because they're "whiney". Well so is Oasis. So is 99.9% of all British indie rock. Please, songs like "Talk", "Don't Panic", "Fix You", "The Scientist", are all classics. "The Scientist" and "Fix You" are two of the saddest and most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Granted, "Clocks" got played out to death, but check out their album tracks. They're fucking brilliant, and if you're a fan of bands like Radiohead or Oasis, I don't see how you can criticize Coldplay.

Coldplay takes this easily.

ROFL at IC25 not liking Third Eye Blind. I figured they'd be right up your alley.

And now for IC25's wrath: I liked Third Eye Blind's first album. Everything they did after was total utter shit, but "Semi Charmed Life" is catchy as fuck, and "Graduate" is a fantastic song.

That said, Coldplay is NOT overrated. Coldplay is easily one of the best bands to come out of Britain since Oasis. Every album is a killer, and they're so talented it's ridiculious. Some people don't like them because they're "whiney". Well so is Oasis. So is 99.9% of all British indie rock. Please, songs like "Talk", "Don't Panic", "Fix You", "The Scientist", are all classics. "The Scientist" and "Fix You" are two of the saddest and most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Granted, "Clocks" got played out to death, but check out their album tracks. They're fucking brilliant, and if you're a fan of bands like Radiohead or Oasis, I don't see how you can criticize Coldplay.

Coldplay takes this easily.

No wrath yet, X. I own TEB's first album, and I just got sick of it really fast. Graduate was so-so, Semi-Charmed life was very catchy.

I like Coldplay. Maybe I am ambivalent. But I do find them whiney - moreso than Oasis. There are a lot of UK peeps on the boards, maybe Coldplay gets more love than I give them credit for.

Coldplay - just one of those bands that i've found very hit or miss. sometimes they can turn on the magic and make an outstanding record (Clocks) to some of the whiney depression that makes up filler on their albums. Fix you...this song best somes up my feelings on coldplay - the first half sounds whiney, the second half is some of the nicest mellow music i've heard in a while.
they have my vote in this round...but i dont see them winning round 2

If by "whiny" you mean "emotional" then yes, it's very emotional. So many rock listeners are petrified of emotional rock, thinking it makes them *****es.

Seriously, I swear guys, you CAN listen to Van Halen and Coldplay without feeling ashamed.

I like emotional music. I just commented on how Everlast's "White Trash Beautiful" was one of the most heartfelt songs I'd heard in quite some time. When I say whiney, I mean high pitched and decidedly *****fied. Like that obnoxious pop song "Too Late to Apologize" that is on Sirius Radio night and day. Bunch of crap.

Coldplay isn't too whiney. I found Radiohead too whiney.

i do listen to coldplay. i have their first album and a good few of their other songs on my ipod. it's not the lyrics i find whiny, it's chris martin's voice. don't get me wrong, he has an OUTSTANDING range and a great voice, but there are times he comes across as whiny in my view. that doesn't take away from the fact he's an amazing writer and performer.

ColdPlay are fucking awful I want them out of this tourny as soon as possible. Everytime you listen to their music it makes you feel like you want to jump off a bridge. Not only because their songs are depressing as fuck and should only be used in adverts asking for donations for starving africans, but because they absoloutaly suck. Their frontman is awful, it pains me to listen to him try to sing. I've never understood their mass appeal either I guess their must be a lot of suicidal depressents who want tolisten to something to tip themselves over the edge or something. Third eye blind are very underated, they are better than anything coldplay has ever produced and although I'm not huge on them, they are good and I have a couple of their songs saved somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back