Violent Femmes vs Toto

• Violent Femmes

• Toto

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 80's Match

Violent Femmes vs Toto

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Toto sucks. I'm sorry, but it's true. Chock them up alongside the Bay City Rollers and REO Speedwagon on the list of worst bands ever. Coincidentally, those same three bands probably comprise the top seeds on the list of worst band names ever as well.

Violent Femmes on the other hand are alternative rock gods. Their sound is so advanced it's scary. Pop on their first record and songs like "Add It Up" or "Blister in the Sun", and you'd think they recorded this stuff in the mid-90s, after the grunge and alt-rock explosion. Nope, this stuff was recorded in 1982! There was literally nobody that sounded anything like them, and to be honest there still isn't.

This shouldn't be hard people; Vote Violent Femmes. These guys are great. Toto sucks. I'm not going into a long dissertation on the backround and impact of each bands music here, just givin' it to ya straight up.

And I will return it straight up to ya- Vote Toto.

I like the Violent Femms and their music, I really do. But I like Toto better. Africa is still one of the catchiest songs ever. Put right up there with Erasure's "A Little Respect." Then, look at songs like "Hold the Line" with the catchy piano and "Rosanna." I felt Toto was a late bloomer in the arena / corporate rock world like 70's bands such as Boston and BOC.

Maybe I just want to see XFear have to dive into his dissertation and what not, but Toto made great music. Vote Toto, music fans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back