Talking Heads vs Wham!

• Talking Heads

• Wham!

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 80's Match

Talking Heads vs Wham!

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

This should not even be close. Not even remotely close. I see one vote for Wham!, and I'm already pissed at that person. What is wrong with you?

First off, Wham was terrible. Just terrible. "Pick Me Up Before You Go-Go" was more George Michael mindless trash in the vein of Frankie Goes to Hollywood and other "Are we gay? Are we straight? You'll have to buy the record to find out!"-styled band just piss me off. Not because of their sexuality, but because of what awful music they make. The lone exception to the rule is Soft Cell who made amazing music despite 99% of their songs dealing with gay sex and the seedy underworld of city life.

Talking Heads, on the other hand, are fucking godly. They are one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time simply put. They defined intellectual punk and new wave and rarely if ever put out sub-par material, issuing classic after classic LP.

Just listen to these songs, and you'll get a small idea as to why the Talking Heads are A)Fan-fucking-tastic and B)Much better then Wham.

If the videos don't work, do yourself a favor and download these songs or look them up on YouTube yourself. Especially "Road to Nowhere" which is one of my personal all time favorite songs. So if you were ever interested in ol' xfear's favorite music, this song would be a great place to start. Also check out "Love --- Building on Fire", fantastic song. Can't find it on YouTube, but here's a fantastic cover version by The Figgs. To be honest I actually enjoy the cover more then the original, but thats only because the Figgs are a great band no one has ever heard of. Gives you the general idea of the catchy madness of the song. Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKbWURS5vk4

Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere
[youtube]sQXsuAey-NE[/youtube]

Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
[youtube]l5zFsy9VIdM[/youtube]

Those are two of their best songs. Now here are two of their most popular songs, and the ones most of you are bound to recognize the best.

Talking Heads - Burning Down the House
[youtube]st1lH8zcIuQ[/youtube]

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
[youtube]EYbUCvz1LYE[/youtube]

So VOTE TALKING HEADS PEOPLE!

Ah yes, Talking Heads. Authors of the Jeff Hardy theme song "Burning Down the House." Sorry, couldn't resist.

Xfear is spot on here. Wham was pretty rough. Te only reason they are well-known is because of George Michael, one of those "what were we thinking?" 80's artists that also made things like Alf and Perfect Strangers popular.

Of course, by contract, Alf and Perfect Strangers were enjoyable. Wham was not.

Talking Heads can potentially make some waves in this bracket - not strong enough to make it to the final four, but they could give a tough 2nd round opponent a run for their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back