The Scorpions vs Cinderella

• The Scorpions

• Cinderella

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 80's Region Match

#26 The Scorpions #39 Cinderella

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

The Scorpions are hard rock and heavy metal's forgotten legends. The fact that I had to make them a #26 seed hurt me, because I feel they are so much better than that. These guys are Germany's mainstream metal darlings - and they have it all. Longevity, influence, top tier smash hits, resonating anthems, and solid albums.

Despite being listed as an 80's band, Scorpions released their first album, Lonesome Crow, in 1972. While the release was quiet, it helped launch Michael Shenker to UFO Stardom.

I will skip many of the steps along the way for these guys and go straight to the albums "Lovedrive" and "Animal Magnetism," albums which solidified the raw, almost instinctual nature of the band's music. "Loving You Sunday Morning" and "Coast to Coast" helped Lovedrive to #55 on the US charts (a good sign for a largely German and British band) and also created a buzz for Magnetism, which contained such hits as "The Zoo."

The 80's were the bands true mainstream golden days, with success in the late 70's already in tact. The 1982 album "Blackout," featuring help recent tournament loser Don Dokken, went Platinum fast on the heels of such hits as the title track "Blackout," as well as "Dynamite" and uber power ballad "No One Like You."

Then, in 1984, the Scorpions reached deep down and came out with one of the best metal albums of all time, "Love at First Sting." Top to bottom, the track listing is solid. The most recognized track is, of course, "Rock You Like a Hurricane." With that particular track really carrying the album, it took mere months for "Love at First Sting" to go double platinum in the US as songs like "Bad Boys Running Wild," "Still Loving You," "Big City Nights" and anti-war anthem "Crossfire" gained radio air time.

There are just too many great albums between then and now to list, but only one I will go into. Off the heel's of Metallica's successful and artistic "S&M," the Scorpions teamed with the Berlin Philharmonic to produce "Moment of Glory," featuring their metal hits with the orchestra. While Metallica's San Fran tandem was released first, it was actually the Scorpions who originally started the movement by teasing the idea in 1995 with the gang from Berlin. "Moment of Glory" featured a kicked up version of Hurricane called "Hurricane 2000."

Not only do Klaus Meine and gang destroy Cinderella here, but they should make a 3rd round opponent VERY nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back