Depeche Mode vs The Eurythmics

• Depeche Mode

• The Eurythmics

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 80's Region Match

#24 Depeche Mode vs #41 The Eurythmics

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

two bands with quite similar styles of music in their use of synthesisers for their sound. and to be honest, I'm not really big into either band, but i'm giving it to depeche mode just on preference as I think they're both very similar.

Dude...the Eurythmics and Depeche Mode are nothing alike. The only common thing about them is the use of synthesizers and being labeled as "new wave" music. Depeche Mode were incredibly more eclectic then that, ranging from the early synthpop of "Dreaming of You" and "Just Can't Get Enough" to the industrial darkwave sounds of the album "Black Celebration" to the downright arena rock of the album "Ultra".

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not a big Eurythmics fan. Just not.

Depeche Mode on the other hand are one of my all time favorite bands. Find me a single darker record known to man then Violator. You can't. Music For the Masses was another stone-cold classic with amazing songs like "Strangelove" and "Never Let You Down Again". Not to mention when Vince Clarke was still with the band and created the amazing Speak & Spell album (Vince Clarke was the genius behind the first Depeche Mode album, as well as the band's Erasure and Yaz).

Depeche Mode should take this one.

Totally agree with XFear here. The Eurythmics were largely a vessel for the career of a fairly talented Annie Lennox. Depeche Mode on the other hand were deep, could be dark, very introspective. I mean, Marilyn Manson covered them for God's Sake.

Eurythmics do win this easily. I don't know who agrees with me, but they appear to be one of those forgotten bands of the 80's that just don't get the credit they deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back