Stevie Ray Vaughn vs Erasure

• Stevie Ray Vaughn

• Erasure

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 80's Region Match

#10 Stevie Ray Vaughn vs #55 Erasure

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Erasure got through the prelims barely past Europe on the grounds of a few bands influenced and their demands for A Little Respect, which thanks to this post is now back in my head.
However, SRV was a genius at playing the guitar, incorporating the styles of Hendrix and other Blues artists. The man had a day named after him in Texas he was that good!
SRV's guitar mastery takes him past erasure for me

Vaughn is probably the quietest #10 seed in this entire tournament, and based off of his prowess and influence, has an outside chance of knocking off some of the upper-echelon bands. While he's not my favorite guitarist of his kind (Brian May, Joe Satriani, and a few others) he's on MANY people's short top 10 list of guitar players. He gets past Erasure EASILY here in round 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back