• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

808s & Heartbreak

Murfish

is losing his edge
I getting fucking psyched for this album. I think it's going to shut some people up.

Listening to Love Lockdown and Heartless right now.

[youtube]SIKsJBczpUA[/youtube]
[youtube]ZVZX-W3vo9I[/youtube]

I'm looking forward to the album but I don't think it's gonna be as good as Graduation or Late Regerstration. I really like Love Lockdown & Heartless, but Kanye is using the auto-tune effect and is singing more than rapping which kinda bugs me. It makes him sound like T-Pain who usually does that.

I think it's a good thing. Before this he was in a completely comfortable spot and could've easily a rap album that would do good numbers. He's showing that he is capable of branching out and becoming a more complete artist.

I'm looking forward to the album but I don't think it's gonna be as good as Graduation or Late Regerstration. I really like Love Lockdown & Heartless, but Kanye is using the auto-tune effect and is singing more than rapping which kinda bugs me. It makes him sound like T-Pain who usually does that.

That may be one thing that is keeping me from even buying this album. For one, I cannot stand T-Pain so I don't want to listening to something that is going to sound remotely similar to that crap he makes.

Second, I'm just about sick of the computerized voice already. A lot of artists are biting that concept so much that is just starting to become flat out annoying.

I think it's a good thing. Before this he was in a completely comfortable spot and could've easily a rap album that would do good numbers. He's showing that he is capable of branching out and becoming a more complete artist.

I agree to a certain extend. One thing that I love about Kanye is that he likes to experiement and change his sound up. The thing is he's really not doing anything new and is just doing the same thing other hip/hop artist do, which is the autotune effect. I just hope the whole album is like that, because even though I am a fan of Love Lockdown & Heartless, I think I will get bored if they are all like that.

I agree to a certain extend. One thing that I love about Kanye is that he likes to experiement and change his sound up. The thing is he's really not doing anything new and is just doing the same thing other hip/hop artist do, which is the autotune effect. I just hope the whole album is like that, because even though I am a fan of Love Lockdown & Heartless, I think I will get bored if they are all like that.

The fact that you like Love Lockdown and Heartless shows that he can approach a generally unliked genre(autotune) and make it sound good.

I'm going to Kanye's Glow in the dark tour next week, and I'm dreading it after hearing his new tracks. He can't sing, using an auto-tuner is not innovative and better singers have used it.

That being said, Love Lockdown is a great song. Stick to what you know Kanye, rap is your thing!

You got a point Murfish, but I feel like if he's whole album is auto-tuned I'm not gonna like it. I find it gets old quick and a whole album is to much. I pretty much like anything Kanye, but I just hope we get some good "rap" type songs, like Jesus Walk's or All Falls Down(College Dropout is still my favorite album)

Do you mean all 3 albums as one? They all have the same theme as the title goes(College Dropout/Late Registration/Graduation)but musically all 3 are different. What's your favorite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back