• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

7 - on - 7 RAW vs. SmackDown! Bragging Rights Match

And I'm Awesome

Mr. Money in the Bank & US Champion
So Team RAW is mostly set:
Triple H (C)
Shawn Michaels (C)
Cody Rhodes
Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston
Big Show

We can expect Mark Henry to take the last spot...after all, what are the chances that Chris Masters is going to be put in a PPV Main Event? Now, as for Tam SmackDown!

Chris Jericho (C)

And...that's it for now. Obviously, this will be changing after SmackDown this week, but for now...Speculation on who you think will be filling out the Team SmackDown half of this match? Personally, I'm going with...

Dolph Ziggler (As a guy with a goof bit of TV time and a fixture of the IC title picture, he just makes sense to me)
John Morrison (I suspect Miz might have a US title match as an undercard match, so let John not defend the IC title and put him in the ME)
Kane (We need a "giant" to balance out Show)
Matt Hardy (An all around excellent worker, his presence in this match could only lead to good things)

I know that leaves two spots, but since I don't get SmackDown, I'm not too knowledgeable on the lower portion of the card, i.e. Cryme Tyme, Hart Dynasty, etc.

Let's get some thoughts on possible team members, and some discussion going once we know for certain who will be in this match.

NOTE: Remove Morrison from my guess, since Miz just announced Miz vs. Morrison as that undercard match...

With Coffee and Swagger in the match - Raw doesn't have a chance! The Miz and pretty much anyone else would be better then those two. Also what are the chances the Big Show swerves and takes out one of his partners so Jericho wins.

I think someone from Team Smackdown! will get hurt in storyline, making it a 7v6 contest. Just when Team RAW is about to pick up the victory a "suprise" replacement will run down to the ring, clear it and win it for Smackdown!. But Who is the "suprise" member? Well what i'm getting at is that Cena will lose to Orton and be a member of Team Smackdown!

So let's see here. Raw's been situated and there's only one person on Smackdown's team right now (Chris Jericho) meaning we've got 6 spots left - and you can rule out Morrison, Mysterio, Punk, and Batista.

This leaves us: Hart Dynasty, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Eric Escobar, Finlay, Khali, Cryme Tyme, Kane, Matt Hardy, Mike Knox, and R-Truth

Alright, you can clearly add Dolph Ziggler to the list, as well as Kane.

4 more: I'm thinking Matt Hardy, Finlay, Drew McIntyre, and Knox or Truth. Escobar hasn't had his debut yet, Cryme Tyme has no shot, and Khali is out right now. Plus, I can't really see them picking the Hart Dynasty over McIntyre since they're real high on him right now (for some reason...God knows why).

TEAM SMACKDOWN = Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, Kane, Matt Hardy, Finlay, Drew McIntyre, and Knox/Truth. Actually, I'm gonna call that Truth wins that last slot and not Knox.

Oh, and Team Raw is going to win at the ppv unless there's something really odd that they haven't added yet.

I'm sure this could be good, but it just feels like something that should be on a special episode of Raw, not a PPV kind of match. I'm guessing this well be either the 2nd or 3rd last match to go on, so perhaps they'll give it a good amount of time. I wonder if this will be an elimination match, or single-fall?

I am curious to see what happens with Big Show and Jericho though, the segment they had tonight where they basically split up was very well done. I get the feeling Big Show will betray the Raw team though.

Could be good, but I'm not going into this match with any expectations. Perhaps that way I'll enjoy it more.

i havnt watched raw yet because of school, but i did hear about this match and i guess they changed the whole concept of if you win your match that night then your in this match whole confusing deal. but for some reason right now im really high on this card even tho theres only 5 matches they all seem awesome right now.

i agree with your predictions about whos on team smackdown, they all seem like logical choices. this match is really cool right now because it seems like theyre really trying to get all the young guys in the main even somehow. now the only thing i would change about team raw is ted dibiase i think should be in the place of cody rhodes. they better have something else for dibiase to do on the ppv because i always thought he was way more talented than cody.

I can't say for sure who the Smackdown guys will be, but i'd say McIntyre is out, but cause every promo they have done has showed the entrances from the new game they are pushing, and he ain't on it. I could be way off, but I noticed that tonight.

With the way the Jerishow match went I am pretty sure it will turn out this was all planned and Show will turn on Raw. After all with the great job Jerishow has been doing I hope they dont make it look like they were so dumb they would fall for HHHs dumb little trick to cause them trouble. I do agree that somehow Cena will probably end up making a save in the match when Show turns or something though. Gotta say some of team Raw surprised me. I didnt really expect Cody or Show to be their but if the Show thing is a swerve I think it will be interesting. I also think Chris Masters will be the final Raw member. Vince has to love this guy. He has been brought back from 2 wellness violations, still looks like he is juicing, and was put back into high profile matches as soon as he returned. What better way to test him than put him in a main event he cant mess up.

I expect Smackdowns team to be Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, Kane, Finley, Matt Hardy, 1 of the members of Cryme Tyme, R Truth, and probably 1 of The Harts.

Problem I am seeing with this PPV though is how are they going to fill a whole card put 8 men in one match when they have so little talent to use. We have the 2 WHC matches then the US vs Intercontinental title match. I no there will be a 60 minute match so that eliminates alot of PPV time, but really does this card have any of you excited enough to pay $50 for it?

Team Raw has a pretty good line up, but hasn't SmackDown gotten the best of Raw in these types of matches over the years? Then again, DX is on Team Raw, so that shouldn't even matter now. Looking forward to seeing who Jericho can get on his team now that Big Show isn't by his side!

Why would they do a 4 way for the WHC and then have this 7 vs. 7 match. Also what about ECW? Not that they have 7 guys, but maybe Jericho will try to claim he should get to pick a couple of ECW guys since there are two extra guys in the Smackdown championship match. Although I'd assume there will be an ECW championship match so that would eliminate the only worth while guy Jericho could have in Christian.

Anyway I see it as Jericho, Dolph, Hardy, Kane, McIntyre, Finlay, and a member of Cryme Tyme(might as well say JTG).

I also agree Show will turn on the Raw team setting up a DX Jerishow match at Survivor Series.

The Raw team looks strong. The Smackdown team is just going to be complete and utter clownshoes. I seriously don't think you could throw darts at pictures of the Smackdown roster and come up with 7 more random people for partners than we are going to see.

I'm going to agree with crotchknocker *teehee* above me with the team he set up... kinda. I'm going to remove Drew McIntyre and a member of CT and insert Hart Dynasty. After all, you have a "tag team" in DX on the Raw team, I think it's only appropriate to have a tag team on the Smackdown side. Just my thoughts. McIntyre is a little too new to have him in a PPV just yet. A win over R-Truth and Fat Matt Hardy..? Big hairy deal.

I like the idea of Show turning on Team Raw. It'll be DX and Show left for Raw, and Jericho left for Smackdown. Jericho will pin someone... probably HBK since HHH will probably refuse to lay down. Then Show turns on HHH. Sets up a DX/Jeri-show match at SS. I would also assume it would be for the Tag Titles as well, just to throw in that extra variable so it isn't a carbon copy match like the 2 teams had when Big Ben hosted Raw.

Just a thought here...if this match were elimination style (and yes, I know SS is next month...but seriously, how in the heck are we supposed to believe six guys are gonna hang out on an apron or be completely oblivious on the outside while their teammate is getting pinned for the win), with the Iron Man match, and a Fatal 4 Way, and the US - IC Match, you may only need one more match.

Figure a three hour PPV, down to two for the Orton-Cena match. This 7-on-7, if done elimination style, could take upwards of 45 minutes. The Fatal 4 Way should probably go at least a half hour, if we're to honestly believe that two guys in the ME scene can be out of it enough to allow the pinfall. That's 2 hours and 15 minutes of PPV time, not counting intros and video packages, so up that to about 2:30. I'm assuming JoMo will win fairly quickly over Miz (say, 15 minutes with intros, etc.). That means you'd have about 15 minutes to fill...

Yeah, kind of off topic, but just something that came to my mind while reading all the other posts. I just really hope this is elimination style, otherwise I think that Creative will mess it up.

And yeah, I expect Show to be a traitor too. Makes too much sense. The best thing to then have happen would be for the GH the next night to "fire" Show from RAW for his actions and send him to SD! so Jerishow could stay together to recapture the titles after they eventually drop them...

The Big Show is gonna turn on Raw. Pretty much everyone knows that, so they need to have something more of a swerve. I hate the predictability of the match since WWE would be fools to break up Jerishow right now. And I agree with DiBiase needs to be in there over Cody.

The thought process came as soon as I heard they were going in this direction. I completely BOTCHED the call for the RAW team but I'm going to try to get the Smackdown one right....

Ziggler, Kane, Matt Hardy. These 3 are about as sure of a lock as there is in wrestling. Only 3 constant contenders that make sense.

Drew McIntyre... I think this would be the only real option to keep his heat going. I say have him win over Finlay to get in and have that be the start of a feud. Irish vs Scottish... can we expect much better from WWE creative??

That leaves us with two slots....
Eric Escobar. They are pushing this kid really quick and I've followed his work in FCW, and I can say I am a fan. Vickie chastising T.Long about Eric's lack of a match and whatnot could be the angle to get him in. Not have him do alot in the match but have that exposure that he needs.

And the final slot would go to....
Mike Knox, DHS or Shad. We need to have 2 people to counter Big Show and Henry. Only reason I'd say Shad is this team is a little too heel heavy. RAW is 4 faces, 3 heels.

I expected SD to be 4 heels, 3 faces BUT when I thought about what would work for current and future storylines and who is actually in NEED of being on this PPV (since most likely the only other match will be a women's and a ECW at BEST).... Eric is being groomed as a big deal, with reason. And they are building Drew as The Next Big Thing (again with reason)... please keep the Lesnar jokes to a minimum.... To not have these 2 in there would be a surefire way to kill their heat if they aren't good enough to represent SD. If they aren't better than *insert other name here* why should we give a rats ass?

The only questionable slot is my last one. As much as I think it will be something like I said, I have a nagging feeling it will be R-Truth...

And as far as the Dibiase/Rhodes thing.... I think exactly HOW it was done is better served for the future. Thing is leading into this, they have to start to look towards Wrestlemania and the Road to WM (Royal Rumble-Wrestlemania) so they need to begin planting seeds now and not wait until January to cook something up. I love how the Rhodes and Dibiase finish lead to the Main Event finish and now the seeds for the future of legacy are planted... let's see if they can do more with this PPV and make it more than a throwaway...

MVP looks to be off another PPV. How in the world is he not on that Raw Team? If Cody Rhodes is on the team, I think Mark Henry should've then been kept off & Ted Dibiasi should of been the 7th so that both Legacy are in.

I'm just not liken this with one Legacy member Cody in there. With Mark Henry now on the team, I would would've replaced him with MVP.

As for the Smackdown Team, here's my guess:

Chris Jericho
Kane
Matt Hardy
Finlay
Dolph Ziggler
Shad (Cryme Tyme)
DH Smith (Hart Dynasty)

I'm going to this event, and at first I was kind of pissed that they took away Cyber Sunday, but I'm liking how things are shaping up (excluding the iron man match...I dunno what it is about WWE having Iron Man matches in Pittsburgh...but you would think that after the disaster of Benoit vs Triple H and the ONLY highlight of the match when the crowd showed any excitement is when Eugene interfered in the end....come on)

ANYWAYS...I'm really surprised that MVP isn't on team Raw. I didn't get to watch Raw tonight, but I would much rather see MVP in the match instead of Cody Rhodes. But I do like the possibility of Big Show turning on Raw, and I LOVE the fact that Swagger is in the match, which is why MVP isn't in the match.

For Team Smackdown, Matt Hardy, Kane, and Dolph Ziggler will definitely be in the match. Finlay will probably be thrown in there, along with possibly Kidd AND David Hart Smith...even tho he isn't scheduled to return so soon, I would LOVE to see someone from the Smackdown team get taken out and Edge goes in their place.

I'm really confused about the idea that we are suppose to buy into this PPV. Why would a tag team have some kind of altercation... and why would a team like legacy basically break up... just so they can be in a 7-man tag team on a PPV? The whole idea of that is just unbelievably lame. Now I can understand them not breaking up jerrishow because that would be idiotic... but a possible split of Legacy that escalated because they wanted to be a part of a 7-man team? Horrible
This PPV is looking even worse than Hell in a Cell... not to mention having to watch Cena and Orton for an entire hour...

what I would do for the smackdown side is have jerhico recruit guys from ecw, aka have it be jehrico, the round table, aka koslov, jackson and regal and from smackdown the hearts, not sure who the 7th person would be but I think this match would be more believable then a bunch of smackdown midcarders thrown together
let me know what you think

If Cena loses, than see him filling out the last spot on Smackdown's team. But yeah, Kane, Matt Hardy, Dolph Ziggler for team Smackdown could see being on there.

I don't want to rabble on about my thoughts on team choices, as people have covered the bases quite well, and most of guesses for the Smackdown! team i would imagine as being pretty close to whats the final result, even if they put an ECW superstar here or there to liven it up. I also don't fault them with loading this match with wrestlers, considering they need all that time for the Iron Man match, coupled with your Smackdown title match and your Interpromotional match with the IC/US titles.

The problem I have with this match is that they did this match 4 years ago, but at Survivor Series. I do not see the point of holding this match, which is traditionally reserved for Survivor Series, at the PPV RIGHT before Survivor Series. At Backlash or Judgement Day it would be acceptable, but now it's ripped off the marketability of Survivor Series, and quite honestly, doing it better, by making it 7 man.

Which leads on to a ton of more discussions on whether Survivor Series should be considered as a big 4 PPV anymore, and whether it should become a regularly formatted PPV of single matches.

I believe that team Smackdown is in serious trouble. With 5 of the top 6 superstars on their roster already booked in other matches, team Smackdown really needs help, some wrestlers work two matches that night. Undertaker, Punk, Mysterio, Batista, and Morrisson are argueably the best Smackdown has right now, and they are all booked already. This leave the likes of Kane, Matt Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Finlay, McIntyre, Knox, etc. Personally, I feel like any combination of what is left of the Smackdown roster is not even close to being as good as team Raw. Team Raw has 3 former world champs, 2 giants, the former US champ, Swagger who is on his winning streak and is arguebaly the next person that will be pushed into the main event scene, and Cody Rhodes, who seems to be breaking away from Legacy. Unless an unexpected person joins team Smackdown, Smackdown is in trouble.

still stupid as uck to have this before, and instead of at Survivor Series. I dont get it. I do like how they seem to be pretty serious about pushing the match, and making it all it can be, in terms of prestige and status. Still, just as easily done at The Series. Oh well. Little to no chance that Big Show doesnt turn on his team, and give SD the win. Oh well. Still interesting, and will let the crowd go ape shit for a DX entrance.

Well i'm guessing that Team SD will also include some ECW guys, and by ECW guys i mean Christian or maybe even Shelton Benjamin.

But the team will most likely have Matt Hardy and Kane on it, and i'm guessing that Team SD will have an actual tag team on it, instead of random members of tag teams like Raw's. Ziggler will need something to do as well since JoMo is facing Miz and that leaves the 7th slot open for an ECW guy.

So i predict Team Sd will consist of:

Jericho
Matt
Kane
Ziggler
Cryme Tyme
and Shelton

Then again I don't see Cena, in the match even if he does loose. He is going to be in an Iron Man match which will be the longest match he's participated in.

For some reason, they way this is all setting up, I see a No-Finish taking place with the locker rooms emptying out in a big Red vs. Blue brawl. With 4 former World Champions, 2 former Mid-Card Champions and the Grandson of a Plumber on Team “To Be Loved”, it looks like Team “Let It Roll” is going to be in for a long night. I’m sure Edge and the Great Khali are missed right now. Out of the current active roster, I would go with Kane and Matt Hardy as locks and hopefully Finlay, leaving 3 open spots. That, at the very least, gives Teddy 3 former World Champions and a former Mid-Card Champion on his team. The remaining spots are a tossup for me. Either way, I’m rooting for Team Friday to win!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back