Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1180243.jpg

The Need For Speed series has become very successful since it;s inception and not many can reach those heights. Bomberman is a series that can say it has been there and done it all too. This should be an interesting battle as shiny new graphics meets good old fashioned game play. Colour me intrigued.

600full-super-bomberman-cover.jpg

Super Bomberman was an awesome game! It came with the multitap which let you play 4 people to the same console, and this was years before the N64 came out. I really enjoyed it. The game had simple gameplay where you just blew up monsters, blocks, or other players and grabbed items along the way. It truly deserves to go over in this round due to the impact it had and how fun it was to play, unlike Need for speed Most Wanted.

Sheeeeit, tough call. Need for Speed MW is probably my favorite racing game of all time, but Super Bomberman was a blast. My friend had it on his Wii, and we'd play that shit for hours.

On the other hand, Need For Speed MW was awesome. The graphics were pretty exquisite, and you had dozens of awesome cars to choose from. You could pick a Japanese tuner, a European sports car, or American muscle, and then you got to customize the car, from the engine to the spoiler, to the paint job and decals, to the rims and tires, you got to make that car yours. The racing was great–challenging but not overly difficult–and the police chases were outstanding. There was nothing quite like swerving around a corner, knocking over a pile of tires that leave the cops scrambling while you calmly cruise away.

I'm voting Need for Speed. It was a really fun game that provided weeks, if not months of entertainment. Super Bomberman was fun, but you could only play it for so long before it go dull.

Bomberman is just pure gaming joy that never gets old. I was playing it yesterday and, even on my own, it's still great fun and hasn't aged at all. Need for Speed is really just another racing game, if you've played one you've played them all and there is no justification for it winning here.

NFS:MW totally deserves to move to the next round as it is not only the best game in the NFS series till date, I believe it is the best racing game ever. It is just not a generic racing game. It has a cool story with cutscenes that used actual actors rather than just some computer graphics. In fact the major improvement that I found while playing this game from it's previous version of NFS: Underground is that the game is more storyline based throughout the course of the game. In Underground and even in U2 you just had to race around the streets for a long while before the actual storyline kicked in.

The added features only made the game more interesting. The police chases were brought into the game and what I liked was that in some challenges the police were deliberately informed of such a race by the challengers in order to make the race tougher. The game also had a wider array of cars.

Super Bomberman obviously stands out because of it's multiplayer mode but then again it is just about planting bombs at various places. It has some sort of a storyline but overall NFS has a better storyline even if you do not take into account stuff like graphics. Overall I find NFS to be much more challenging and much more replayable than any edition of Bomberman.

Vote NFS:MW!!!

I owned and beat Most Wanted, and while it was good, I found it drastically inferior to the Underground series. It seemed like EA had run out of ideas for the franchise and didn't know what to do. Plus, constantly getting chased by cops while I just wanted to test out my cars was horribly annoying. Super Bomberman, however, was the height of the Bomberman series' best feature, its multiplayer. How much time I wasted on this game I'll never know, but it was well worth it. So fun. So, yeah, Super Bomberman.

While Need For Speed is one of my fave series ever, Most Wanted is by far one of the lesser games in the series, the original Underground beats it in pretty much everything... never really played bomberman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back