50's / 60's Region - The Addams Family vs Car 54, Where Are You?

Addams Family vs Car 54, Where Are You?

• Addams Family

• Car 54

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
50's / 60's Region - The Addams Family vs Car 54, Where Are You?

Addams-Family-tv-05.jpg

VS

001_big.preview.jpg

I watched more of the Addams Family than Car 54, that's why I'm choosing this show. And it was a funny show, too. Car 54 may get more cheesy laughs, but considering the ghoulish nature of the show, it was still quite funny. But to me, The Munsters were even funnier. I would put Addams Family past Car 54, but nothing else of note.

I'm more of a fan of the 2 Addams Family movies that were released in the nineties than I am of the show, but that said... I didn't hate the show. In fact, I would say whenever I checked it out when I was a kid, it was okay. Nothing that got me hooked, but I could watch a full episode and enjoy it for what it was.

Car 54, on the other hand, drivel. Pure, ridiculous drivel. I hated it.

Addams Family wins here and it's not even close. In fact, I think it very well could take the entire 50's / 60's Region.

Have to go with the Addams Family here. I'm always a fan of the macabre, and mixing it with some otherwise funny material just always works for me. I have a sick sense of humore. Don't judge me. Anyway, it was always pretty basic, though a bit hackneyed, but what sitcom isn't from time to time. I am not familiar enough with Car 54, but it simply isn't as iconic. I mean, even consider that opening theme. Everyone knows it, and everyone does the snaps when they get the chance. 54 was good for it's time, but Addams for my money was simply better.

Go with the Addams Family, folks

I'll admit that Car 54... made me chuckle a few times, but it can't pissibly beat The Addams Family. That show is a staple in television history, and is something that everyone should watch at least one episode of.

I've seen a few reruns of the show, and it's still funny, I just wish they'd show more, and more often.

The irony here is that during its original run, The Addams Family ran concurrent with -- and lost the ratings war to -- The Munsters, which was largely built on a similar premise except that macabre family was more working-class rather than the aristocratic Addams Family. In that war, at least, Fred Gwynne (as Herman Munster) won out.

Here, though, as the co-lead in Car 54, Gwynne as Officer Francis Muldoon can't win. The show just never really intrigued me in any way, shape or form. It wasn't until Gwynne became the lovable undertaker's assistant Herman that I got interested in him or his career.

The Addams are creepy and kooky, mysterious and spooky...and they get my vote. It's that simple.

Da-Da-Da-Dun *snap snap*
Da-Da-Da-Dun *snap snap*
Da-Da-Da-Dun, Da-Da-Da-Dun, Da-Da-Da-Dun
*snap snap*

That's a tune that everyone knows, you know why? The Addams Family was da bomb. Great characters, especially Uncle Fester. What a guy. I remember when I watched a few episodes of the show as a kid, I was kinda freaked out, but really interested. The AF was a great show that could keep anyones attention.

Haven't hear of Car 54, but I doubt it's better than AF.

Addams Family all the way motherfucker. Car 54, I'm not sure I've ever seen an episode. Probably not, but I really don't need to. Granted I'll always think The Munsters was superior to the Addams Family in every single way, but Addams Family was always very enjoyable as well, I catch it every now and then when it's on TVLand. Still a humorous show after all these years, gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back