Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
50's / 60's Region - Bewitched vs Hogan's Heroes

bewitched-cartoon-opening.jpg

VS

B000CCBCK8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Both of these shows, in my opinion, were overrated drivel, but I could tolerate Bewitched way more so than I could Hogan's Heroes.

I remember checking out Hogan's Heroes when I was a kid just to see if it was something involving Hulk Hogan (lol), and boy did I end up disappointed. Not only did it not have the Hulkster, but the show was stupid and completely unfunny.

Bewitched, overrated trash like I said, but at least I could sit through a whole episode. Also, the fact that it had such an impact on television should count for something as well, I guess.

Bah, fuck Bewitched, not very entertaining. Hogan's Heroes on the other hand was fucking awesome, I mean seriously stop and think about the premise of the show for a minute---it's a COMEDY set in a concentration camp. That the show was actually able to be pretty damn funny in that scenario is simply insane to me. That show had to be good or it would never have made it, not with a premise like that.

Vote for Hogan's Heroes, or Bob Crane's sexually deviant corpse will arise to rape you with his tripod.

Impact on society or not, it really played second fiddle to I Dream of Jeannie. I pick Hogan's Heroes here, because I would argue that it is much more important to television than that stupid witch show was any day. I watched my fair bit of each shows, back when we had a few channels, and one was TV Land. But I could NOT sit through Bewitched, and it forced me to go outside and play baseball. Well, I do like baseball.

Hogan's Heroes also should move on, because it was a show for guys. And where are we? a place where 97.6% of us are guys, so we really should have the show that represents us better move on.

And what a horrible film adaptation of Bewitched a few years ago. Punish the show for the film adaptation.

I couldn't stand Hogan's Heroes. Where as I could actually sit down and watch Bewitched. Neither were great shows, but I could sit through Bewitched, so that gets my vote.

Hogan's Heros was scrap. I never got the show, and didn't think either of the characters were funny. Bewitched was a part of my childhood, too. Even with two Sam's, this show didn't miss a beat. It was cheesy and not the funniest show, but it's much better than Hogan's Heroes.

I've watched bits of both. I found Hogan's Heroes funny, I didn't find Bewitched funny. I voted Hogan's Heroes. I'm going to start watching Hogan's Heroes as I do find it funny.

I voted for Bewitched in this poll because it was such a great show. Come on, let's be honest here. Guys, how many of you wouldn't want to be married to someone like Sam from "Bewitched"? She was pretty and could get Darrin anything he wanted using her powers.... ok, on to the more serious reason I picked it. I usually don't like old shows much but this one was great. It was funny and memorable. Very few, if any, episodes were bad. Hogan's Heroes on the other hand.... I didn't really like it. Although the parody of it that Robot Chicken did using Hogan and wrestlers was hilarious.

I went with Bewitched here. I loved this show as a kid, and refused to see the movie, because I didn't want my childhood to be raped of this classic. Hogan's Heroes was OK, but it was never as funny as Bewitched, and I'd probably never watch a rerun, as I'm sure there would always be something better on.

Impact on society or not, it really played second fiddle to I Dream of Jeannie. I pick Hogan's Heroes here, because I would argue that it is much more important to television than that stupid witch show was any day. I watched my fair bit of each shows, back when we had a few channels, and one was TV Land. But I could NOT sit through Bewitched, and it forced me to go outside and play baseball. Well, I do like baseball.

Hogan's Heroes also should move on, because it was a show for guys. And where are we? a place where 97.6% of us are guys, so we really should have the show that represents us better move on.

And what a horrible film adaptation of Bewitched a few years ago. Punish the show for the film adaptation.

How in the hell do you figure Bewitched played second fiddle to I Dream of Jeannie? It was the success of Bewitched in 1964 which inspired TV to find another show based on similar premises, and the result was I Dream of Jeannie the next year.

Hell, Jeannie even ripped off the idea of casting the same lead actress with a black wig obscuring her blond hair as the "evil cousin" of its heroine. On Bewitched, it was Elizabeth Montgomery playing both "Samantha" and her mischievous cousin "Serena." On IDOJ, it was Barbara Eden as both Jeannie and her wicked cousin...well, Jeannie.

Besides, I never cared for Hogan's Heroes, despite Bob Crame being revealed as one kinky perv (which might have actually made it more interesting to watch, if I'd known at the time). That made this vote for Bewitched an easy one.

I saw the movie about Bob Crane that included loads of partying and boobs, which is a major plus. Bewitched led to a shitty movie, Hogan's Heroes lead to boobs. Simple choice.

Plus, HH is a much more interesting show. It's tough to take something so serious and get people to laugh at it. One of the best shows of this era, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back