Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
50's / 60's Region - Leave it to Beaver vs F-Troop

cleavers13.jpg

VS

3620.jpg

It's F-Troop. Leave it to Beaver is one of the tamest comedies of all time. Seriously, what is the appeal of that show? F-Troop is absolutely hysterical. One of the interesting points of it is that the main girl and main guy couldn't do anything for the first season as she was 17 at the time. Seeing the Captain running away from her advances never stops being funny. It's a perfect sitcom given the subject matter (Post Civil War Army) and it works to no end. F-Troop by a mile.

I won't post in too many of these, at least not first, but since I chose the match-ups randomly, I was a little nervous when I saw that one of my all time favorite old-school TV shows, F-Troop, was up against a show with the name recognition of Beaver.

F-Troop, for its time, was among the funniest shows you could ever see.

The plot line for the story is riotous. In the Civil War, Private Wilton Parmenter was sent to ride off and find his commander's laundry. Easy enough, right? While riding on his horse, he caught some pollen while passing a group of soldiers on horseback, and started audibly sneezing. The soldiers mistook the sneezes for attack orders, so the soldiers followed Private Parmenter into battle, and victoriously ended the Civil War.

As a result, Parmenter was promoted to Captain and placed in charge of an Army base called "Fort Courage" in Kansas. The show follows the accident prone Parmenter commanding such others as Sergeant O'Rourke and Corporal Agarn, and dealing with the local Indian tribe.

[youtube]zVwFADi4Y38[/youtube]

The show was brilliant. Beaver, on the other hand, never did a thing for me. I found it drab and boring, TBH.

Vote F-Troop.

Leave it to Beaver was great. A wholesome comedy with a simple story, great characters, and it just makes me feel good when I watch it. F-Troop has a well known character...the actor's name is Jim Berry. He was on Mama's Family. He was funny. Beaver was just an iconic show. Vote Beaver.

That's what she said.

My vote went to Leave It to Beaver here. Not exactly a great show, but certainly a very important and popular one. I've seen bits and pieces of F-Troop before, but nothing very good, nothing that would catch my eye. Out of default I have to give my vote to Beaver here.

Had to go with Leave it to Beaver. I watched the show only a couple of times, but I liked the movie adaptation of it when I was a kid. That, plus the fact the kid who played Beaver in the sitcom had an AWESOME cameo in Married... with Children one time (the episode where Al and Peg face off against Marcy and Jefferson in a shop-off in the Super Market), my vote has to go to him and his show.

Moreover, my grandfather used to watch F-Troop and I just didn't dig that show, at all. Very boring.

I went with LITB here. I loved that show. I always enjoyed watching it with my grandma on Nick at Nite or TV Land. Never really heard of F-Troop. But I love Leave it to Beaver, so I doubt watching clips from F-Troop would change my mind.

Leave it to Beaver is a classic and something that even kids today can watch. The main character's name is Beaver, how isn't that a great show? Entertaining all the way around. Honestly, I probably haven't seen enough of F-Troop to vote against it, but Leave it to Beaver beats pretty much every show in this time period for me.

I voted Leave it to Beaver. Was never too interested in the show, but I loved watching it to write an assignment on the 50s ideologies based on sitcoms. I don't think it was too funny, but I could tell that long term watchers could easily enjoy the show together, and what is television for, bringing people together.

Oh and showing us how rich kids in Orange County chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back